• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jakezero

Reaction score
I got my new boots today, but the packaging seemed a bit strange. Upon opening the package I discovered that I got one box per boot.

For those interested, here's my collection of cordovan wingtip boots. From left to right:
Vass Austerity boot, saddle.
Vass Wingtip boot, bordeaux.
Crockett & Jones Skye 2, dark brown.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Talking about boots, I just had time to upload a small amount of the pictures I took on my Vass visit, some museum calf leather, a special boot, some new models.. It's not that much but I'll upload some more soon!

I opened a new photo stream where I'll be putting all my Vass related pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/121622276@N08/

Last edited:

Jakezero

Reaction score

Talking about boots, I just had time to upload a small amount of the pictures I took on my Vass visit, some museum calf leather, a special boot, some new models.. It's not that much but I'll upload some more soon!

I opened a new photo stream where I'll be putting all my Vass related pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/121622276@N08/

I dig the boots, but more importantly: what are those boot trees? Is it something Vass is cooking up, because if that's the case I've to send them a message to see if I can get a set or two.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they would be able to help you with those trees, though I doubt it that they would have them in stock as standard trees. I think they mainly use them for display purposes.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the old english plain in Plum Museum calf? It looks amazing... :drool:

Those chukkas are great, is that dark brown & medium brown suede? Chukka will be my next order from you Notch, once i see how my first pair fits me... :slayer:

Last edited:

Notch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is plum museum calf indeed, although my camera might have exagerated a bit with the contrast, the color is incredible!

The chukka boots are indeed medium and dark brown suede, they are pictures for a member who asked for comparison pics between the U and F last.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can somebody post dark brown and oxblood side by side for comparison?

I'm guessing both colors are formal enough?

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those boots are in-sane! Want!

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for @Notch (or anyone else who has recently seen Vass' gold museum calf) -- there was some talk up-thread regarding Ilcea getting back in the game and I am familiar with their museum calf. I am considering ordering a pair of Vass gold museum calf double monks and I like the quite mottled museum calf that I have seen from John Lobb when they used Ilcea. Some of the recent pics of Vass museum calf seems more subdued and less mottled than I would like. I was wondering if that is a batch issue or Vass' preference or simply how the new supplier produces its museum calf. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads