• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

why not ask notch, he has handled museum calf GMTO and a few others. Also, Vass was even willing to do different leathers as long as the shoe model was the same. So some people can do the two leathers and others do one. Any widths are available as well.

If I was doing an individual MTO I'd go with Notch cos he works out cheaper than buying direct if you're in Europe

rc121

Reaction score

If I was doing an individual MTO I'd go with Notch cos he works out cheaper than buying direct if you're in Europe
As I understand it though, this MTO would command a higher price since we'd be asking them to create a new model. I guess Rezso could do a group price as well. For me, it works out to about the same to go through notch with wire transfer fees and I'd much prefer to use PayPal. I guess we could go direct through Rezso and just PayPal one member and have them do the wire. That way there would only be one bank/wire fee.

If you couldn't tell, I'm interested.

Last edited:

rc121

Reaction score

Notch takes PayPal... :hide:
yep, I used him for my first pair. I guess my point was that I'd rather go through him because he takes PayPal and the cost difference was insignificant compared to the hassle of bank wire transfers. But if we were able to paypal one member in the group order and have only one wire fee, we could bypass that issue and go straight through Rezso.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yep, I used him for my first pair. I guess my point was that I'd rather go through him because he takes PayPal and the cost difference was insignificant compared to the hassle of bank wire transfers. But if we were able to paypal one member in the group order and have only one wire fee, we could bypass that issue and go straight through Rezso.

As I've understood things, Notch places the order at the physical store. That allows him to pay cash, which renders 10 % discount. Further, ordering a minimum of 3 pairs renders 15 % more in discount. That way, going through Notch might be cheaper, no? I guess it depends on how many we are also. I think potentially 5 now?

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I procured a pair of London 3-eyelet on U-last from Notch a year ago and I love them. I am debating between getting the same pair in Museum Dark Brown or a pair of Austerity Brogue in Museum Dark Brown.

Below are a couple of pics Notch provide me before shipping them out.

Thank you, Brown Museum pair in the queue.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm thinking Carmina, since Vass doesn't do it as I would've liked according to members and I don't want to pay the EG-premium.

The pictures I've seen of Carmina's split toe looks like two pieces of leather stitched together whereas the Dover looks like the stitching is under the leather. If you can get it Carmina to duplicate it exactly please do let me know.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

why not ask notch, he has handled museum calf GMTO and a few others. Also, Vass was even willing to do different leathers as long as the shoe model was the same. So some people can do the two leathers and others do one. Any widths are available as well.

If Vass is okay with two tone and single in one GMTO then I may be interested. My shoe wardrobe is no where near well developed to justify multi-toned shoes. Does anyone know what's the price delta/savings gained by going through a GTMO rather than ordering it as a single MTO?

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads