• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
great stuff on this page. very nice Mr. 6 and good luck

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like there's a recent price increase.

Yeah, well, the main difference is that they only sell the exakt make ups displayed on their site for the RTW price, if you want to eg change last you have to pay MTO-prices. Previosly most went for the RTW-price. Anyway, still very afforfable and price worthy.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick question for my fellow Vass enthusiasts: can someone tell me the key difference(s) between the New Peter and F lasts? Trying to decide which one to go with for an Alt Wein shoe in Bordeaux shell. Thanks in advance.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
Received my first pair of Vass today, Bordeaux calf Alt Wiens on the New Peter last. I'm a pretty solid US9D-equivalent in most shoe brands and went with a size 42 pair. They are definitely on the roomy side, but I think they should work well with medium thickness socks or a thin insole. Very nice shoes!

Last edited:

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fantastic shoos Mack! Are those single soled? Looking at the oil green version! :eek:

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd prefer double soles but don't know if I wanna go 100 Euros more for MTO. Could put that towards another pair!!

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Roger! By the way, I must comment on your excellent taste in footwear. You definitely have an enviable collection!

Cheers my man.
cheers.gif
I'm knda crazy for red-toned shoes these days, so that Bordeaux really strikes a chord with me. To the fellow a little while back who was looking for suggestions on an Alt Wein, I just say "Do what Mack did."

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GDogg - the Alt Wien look fantastic !

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G, those are great looking.

Six, sorry that the sizing didn't work out. Keep us informed about exchange? Where are u located and what size do you wear in other brands? I ordered a 44 that I need to pay for...long story.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of picking up this pair from NMWA, how does P2 fit relative to F last? P2 is wider right?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads