1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Jul 24, 2009.

1. CrackedCrab

CrackedCrab Senior member

F last old English II. I would be interested potentially in the mto being discussed.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Very dandy shoks

3. wurger

wurger Senior member

This is a stock standard model, no MTO required.

4. rc121

rc121 Senior member

I believe those OE2 are his shoes, he was additionally stating he was interested in the MTO of the 2 tone V cap

5. wurger

wurger Senior member

Oh my bad, misread.

6. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Thank you, Brown Museum pair in the queue.

7. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

The pictures I've seen of Carmina's split toe looks like two pieces of leather stitched together whereas the Dover looks like the stitching is under the leather. If you can get it Carmina to duplicate it exactly please do let me know.

8. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

If Vass is okay with two tone and single in one GMTO then I may be interested. My shoe wardrobe is no where near well developed to justify multi-toned shoes. Does anyone know what's the price delta/savings gained by going through a GTMO rather than ordering it as a single MTO?

9. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

So Vass now has alligator? what an exciting news!

10. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Senior member

Wow...i love alligator

11. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

I've never seen that type of stitching on a Carmina split toe. I would be pleasantly surprised if they offered it.

12. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

1 person likes this.
  13. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Senior member

You and me both.

14. mimo

mimo Senior member

Quick update on the GMTO: we seem to have at least five people on board, including one who's PM'd me but not yet posted here. Also, rather than re-invent the wheel, I've asked the respected Mr Notch of this parish, to investigate. As he speak the lingo and is a long-standing client and vendor for Vass, I'm sure he's the best man for the job.

There are several issues to be considered:

- Design variation: the design is similar to an existing one, bar the altered shape of the facing to match the toe cap. I'm hoping that as the leathers and last are standard and the pattern not too different, they can waive all additional charges and price it as a standard model for us.

- Width fittings: at least one member wants a wide fitting. We don't want to be charged extra for this (we wouldn't be on a standard model, so I'm sure this would be fine)

- VAT: most of us are outside the EEA, some not. Hungarian VAT at 27% would be more than the MTO charge saved, so we need to be sure we can have that removed from the price for those of us outside the EEA.

- Delivery to the US: whether by Vass or Notch, obviously goes against Vass's current policy, but this is a special order so I hope we can work it out.

Mr Notch will investigate these points and revert. I'm happy to help or deal direct if he can't work out the VAT thing from within the EEA, but I'm sure he will find a way. For now, I feel a lean month coming on. :)

15. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Very excited! Thank you for taking your time. Looking forward to hear from you/Notch.

16. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Thanks for the update and the work put in, Mimo.
    Maiden voyage of the gold museums.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

CrackedCrab, you seem to have the problem as I with the F-last, the instep really is higher-than-usually. A tongue pad will make those great shoes much more comfortable, though Vass's shoe trees won't fit well after that.

18. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

19. CrackedCrab

CrackedCrab Senior member

Thanks Vravio yes the instep is high and there's some extra room up in there. May try tongue pads (but thanks for the warning as I have vass trees)

20. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Senior member

Thank you for the info mimo. Lean month indeed but I like the thought of this shoe a lot. :)