• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ACLC

Reaction score
Just received these two beauties: Budapester on BP last in cognac calf and Theresianer on 3636 last in antique cognac calf, both in 43 EU. Quality is excellent as expected. Was surprised that the 3636 last is actually a bit wider than the BP as the BP looks wider in the pictures on the vass site. 3636 fits my wide feet perfectly whilst the BP is a bit snug, hopefully it will break in nicely after a few wears. I also have a high instep but no issues there with either last.
39C5668A-5439-4902-BC90-3AE81639BED7.jpeg
8B3A4978-52B4-408F-A904-C1B5DD4E2C9C.jpeg

EUtroll

Reaction score
Just received these two beauties: Budapester on BP last in cognac calf and Theresianer on 3636 last in antique cognac calf, both in 43 EU. Quality is excellent as expected. Was surprised that the 3636 last is actually a bit wider than the BP as the BP looks wider in the pictures on the vass site. 3636 fits my wide feet perfectly whilst the BP is a bit snug, hopefully it will break in nicely after a few wears. I also have a high instep but no issues there with either last.
View attachment 1833246 View attachment 1833247
Nice shoes!

Do you experience the 3636 last to be shorter in length? I think it has been described as the shortest last of Vass?

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice shoes!

Do you experience the 3636 last to be shorter in length? I think it has been described as the shortest last of Vass?

My 3636 blast is slightly bigger than BP last.
Both are the same size.
Ends that theory.

ACLC

Reaction score
For your reference guys, I emailed Vass on Color recommendation for polishes and this was their reply:

We offer the following Saphir creams to our following colors of leathers:
- walnut museum calf, gold museum calf and cognac calf leathers: Saphir cream in cognac brown color
- brown museum calf leather: Saphir cream in marron force (dark brown)
- bordeaux museum calf leather: Saphir cream in acajou - magogany color
- antique cognac calf leather: Saphir cream in marron moyen (medium brown)

We don’t use wax polishes.”

konstantis

Reaction score
Anyone ordered any shoes from Vass via their MTM program? If so, what was your experience?
Really nice experience for me. I have sent my own measurements. Their customer service was perfect. They have answered in several emails and questions I have sent them during the process and I am satisfied with the result.

Viatu

Reaction score
Really nice experience for me. I have sent my own measurements. Their customer service was perfect. They have answered in several emails and questions I have sent them during the process and I am satisfied with the result.

Thank you. I appreciate your response.

ACLC

Reaction score
Ive finally had some time to properly inspect my new Budapesters and on second inspection, I must say I’m quite disappointed with the quality. There are black stains around the front of the shoe and the brogue wings have been cut poorly that it looks as if it’s damaged. I’ve emailed Vass twice and have had no reply from them.

Do you think the black stains are removable and Am I being too pedantic about the brogue wings? These are my first hand welted shoes and needless to say they were not cheap so I was expecting much better quality control than this.

62C08791-2847-44A2-8D44-079FFABF6C8C.jpeg
4C0D2D15-F2A7-495A-9F5A-0ABEB2792909.jpeg
80963F13-93B7-4C56-AF9B-9C6C34726118.jpeg
C5A932FD-53EB-4C85-9AF8-00825AD9D869.jpeg
F94E6D89-8FD7-4357-9D1D-ABD280478EFF.jpeg

ACLC

Reaction score
It's Vass,
so no strict quality control.
Good enough is good enough for Vass.
Me have tan Vass like that too.
No big deal.
Best not to make a fuss.
AH styles are simple shoes with warts and all.

anything u can recommend to remove the black stains?

Tomc

Reaction score
Ive finally had some time to properly inspect my new Budapesters and on second inspection, I must say I’m quite disappointed with the quality. There are black stains around the front of the shoe and the brogue wings have been cut poorly that it looks as if it’s damaged. I’ve emailed Vass twice and have had no reply from them.

Do you think the black stains are removable and Am I being too pedantic about the brogue wings? These are my first hand welted shoes and needless to say they were not cheap so I was expecting much better quality control than this.

View attachment 1838501 View attachment 1838502 View attachment 1838503 View attachment 1838504 View attachment 1838505

It sucks but it's also something you'll run into with Vass. I've found they're pretty good with exchanges but it might not be worth the hassle of international returns, etc.

You can try using diluted rubbing alcohol first to see if that stain portion is surface only. Then try diluted saphir renomat. Use an appropriate saphir cream polish to blend the color back in. You can use curved nail clippers to clean up the brogue. It won't be perfect but it's unnoticeable from 3 feet if done right.

Yeah I unfortunately have experience doing this to my Vass shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads