• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Marol Trunk Show was nice. It's located in A penthouse UNIT of 1 KING Hotel (forgot the hotel name).

Quite a wide range of selection on fabric, collar type, cuff type, styles. I wasn't planning to get any but ends up getting a MTM shirt.
I don't know too much about shirt construction, so cannot comment too much, but they are come with a lot of handmade details, high arm whole, very nice shape on me even for the RTWs. I didn't count but there's a couple books of fabric to choose, big books, I would assume there's in total of 100+?
I choose a convertible one piece collar, with Cocktail Cuff, in light blue and blue Stripe Fabric.

6.jpg 9.jpg

Also had a chat with Pino Peluso, seems very unassuming and humble, I didn't plan to do one at the moment, but I have to say I am indeed interested, given Pino will regularly come to Canada for fitting/ trunk shows, I took measurement with him in case I am planning to do one in the future.
5.jpg
1.jpg 2.jpg

Kenji ties are nice, can tell they are handmade for sure, as they are not 100% symmetric... Very light, I can image the nice shape when wind blows.

7.jpg

Enzo Bonafe:
Ends up going with below style with brown museum calf (bottom) and red suede (top), with a bit more Brogue details, in 74945 last.
upload_2018-11-5_13-26-31.png

Some more photos of their shoes.
8.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

In general I think Bo is a very nice guy, not pushy at all, I feel very comfortable in the event. He definitely knows his shirting business, I get to explore quite a lot about shirts. (But I still don't think ~ 300 EUR shirt is something I can keep doing... Probably just try one to know what it is.)
I also like his choice in ties, shoes, and suits in this trunk show.

Something I don't really like about is the selection of choice in shoes and suiting/ jacketing bespoke:
Shoes:
There's only 8 or 9 shoes (not pairs, each one comes with one foot only...) that I can try on, in fact, only 3 of them are roughly in my size, I suspect some customer may not even be able to find one to try. As I am someone who concerns about fitting and sizing a lot, it didn't give me enough confidence to be honest, however, Bo is willing to forward my measurement info (that I used for AM MTM) to the shoemaker, plus the addition fitting, otherwise I probably wouldn't order one.
Suit Bespoke:
There's only 5 books of fabric to choose. Big books though, but I would still think there's not enough.. consider this is at ~ 3000 EUR price point.

This will be a permanent location for Marol, in the future it would be by appointment basis, Bo himself can always take measurement for you, and will host trunk show occasionally.

Last edited:

KWang94

Reaction score
The Marol Trunk Show was nice. It's located in A penthouse UNIT of 1 KING Hotel (forgot the hotel name).

Quite a wide range of selection on fabric, collar type, cuff type, styles. I wasn't planning to get any but ends up getting a MTM shirt.
I don't know too much about shirt construction, so cannot comment too much, but they are come with a lot of handmade details, high arm whole, very nice shape on me even for the RTWs. I didn't count but there's a couple books of fabric to choose, big books, I would assume there's in total of 100+?
I choose a convertible one piece collar, with Cocktail Cuff, in light blue and blue Stripe Fabric.

View attachment 1066212 View attachment 1066215

Also had a chat with Pino Peluso, seems very unassuming and humble, I didn't plan to do one at the moment, but I have to say I am indeed interested, given Pino will regularly come to Canada for fitting/ trunk shows, I took measurement with him in case I am planning to do one in the future.
View attachment 1066211
View attachment 1066207 View attachment 1066208

Kenji ties are nice, can tell they are handmade for sure, as they are not 100% symmetric... Very light, I can image the nice shape when wind blows.

View attachment 1066213

Enzo Bonafe:
Ends up going with below style with museum calf (botton) and red sude (top), with a bit more Brogue details, in 74945 last.
View attachment 1066222

Some more photos of their shoes.
View attachment 1066214 View attachment 1066216 View attachment 1066217

In general I think Bo is a very nice guy, not pushy at all, I feel very comfortable in the event. He definitely knows his shirting business, I get to explore quite a lot about shirts. (But I still don't think ~ 300 EUR shirt is something I can keep doing... Probably just try one to know what it is.)
I also like his choice in ties, shoes, and suits in this trunk show.

Something I don't really like about is the selection of choice in shoes and suiting/ jacketing bespoke:
Shoes:
There's only 8 or 9 shoes (not pairs, each one comes with one foot only...) that I can try on, in fact, only 3 of them are in simlar size, I assume some customer may not even be able to find one to try. As I am someone who concerns about fitting and sizing a lot, it didn't give me enough confidence to be honest, however, Bo is willing to forward my measurement info (that I used for AM MTM) to the shoemaker, plus the addition fitting, otherwise I probably wouldn't order one.
Suit Bespoke:
There's only 5 books of fabric to choose. Big books though, but I would still think there's not enough.. consider this is at ~ 3000 EUR price point.

This will be a permanent location for Marol, in the future it would be by appointment basis, Bo himself can always take measurement for you, and will host trunk show occasionally.

Thanks for sharing your experience!!

Definitely interested in popping in the future.

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a good tailor in Etobicoke or even Mississauga?
West End Toronto, too
I went to my local place, who i've gone to many times and do good work, but their pricing is getting atrocious and long wait times.

I have an unfortunate crotch hole in a pair of my pants, so i went to get a quote.
They quoted me (preface: not a typo)
$175

I also have a new sports coat where i need the sleeves finished. They don't do button holes anymore, and if i just wanted the buttons affixed it would be $30 and a 4 week turnaround time.

I wasn't going in with the mindset of adding surgeon cuffs to begin with, but at the same time don't want to pay $30 for buttons and wait 4 weeks. And the pants, well.....:s

Luca Anto

Reaction score
Tom Ford sample sale is going on at 15 Apex Road for thos interested. It started today and ends Friday. Hours are noon to PM

bings

Reaction score
Apologies but I was given the wrong info. Its actually Ted Baker. But I haven't been yet. I'm going tonight to see what they have

ummm, it now doesn't matter at all.

i was about to change my plans for the rest of the week

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha that is the funniest thing I've read.

Those two brands are pretty comparable :lol:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads