• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who's attending the Enzo Bonafe Event? My appointment is on Saturday. Thinking about a bi-material boots but still trying to understand what combination to use.

I had a chat with them, they offer FREE fitting using your unfinished (without sole) MTO pair, he claims that this is how GC does their Bespoke - I cannot verify that but I think this approach seems like something would work.

UNOAIMX

Reaction score
Hey Encore, is the Enzo Bonafe event open to public, or you have to go there w/ appointment for a fitting/ intend to buy.
Have 3 pairs of Enzo Bonafe boots, so know my size quite well, I want to check out if they have any RTW collection on display.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9D Alden Barrie Last Natural CXL Tankers. Worn 3 times
$500

7351F3B5-1DEC-4175-B6A2-A826D3FE20E4.jpeg

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Encore, is the Enzo Bonafe event open to public, or you have to go there w/ appointment for a fitting/ intend to buy.
Have 3 pairs of Enzo Bonafe boots, so know my size quite well, I want to check out if they have any RTW collection on display.

I'm also curious if this is open to the public. Where would this be held?

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awkward request - would anyone allow me to give a try on their Vass/ Aldens?

I am very interested in understanding Alden's boots lasts, and F/P2 lasts from Vass. US 8.5 - US 9 would be nice!

Don't know what I can do in return, coffee? haha, let me know! my painful experience of online shopping without trying drives me into a awful experience of selling... Just want to make sure I don't do that again.

On the other hand, if you have such need in trying different shoes, that's probably something I can offer in return.

Have a good Thursday!
Encore

Edited - is there any store carries Vass/ Alden in Toronto?

UNOAIMX

Reaction score
Vass is definitely a narrower shoe, maybe P2 would be good, UK 8 F and U lasts are quite narrower at the toe compare to other makers last in same sizes, 8 UK ie Crockett Jones 341 E, 8.5 UK Edward Green 82E, 8F UK Alfred Sargent 109F.

Though Vass F last looks really good but fit is questionable for a lot of people on this forum.

Theres a store in Missasaugau that carries Vass, think its called GTA Shoeshine

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass is definitely a narrower shoe, maybe P2 would be good, UK 8 F and U lasts are quite narrower at the toe compare to other makers last in same sizes, 8 UK ie Crockett Jones 341 E, 8.5 UK Edward Green 82E, 8F UK Alfred Sargent 109F.

Though Vass F last looks really good but fit is questionable for a lot of people on this forum.

Thank you for the kind response.

I did some study online as well, U < F < P2 < 3636 in terms of width, however toe box room seems to be related with the height of the toe box, construction, thickness/ softness of leather, and the total shape. I was just trying my luck here to see if I can get some "onfeet" experience.

penarce

Reaction score
Thank you for the kind response.

I did some study online as well, U < F < P2 < 3636 in terms of width, however toe box room seems to be related with the height of the toe box, construction, thickness/ softness of leather, and the total shape. I was just trying my luck here to see if I can get some "onfeet" experience.

I believe there's a Vass trunk show in Toronto next week if you wanted to get up close and personal with their offerings: http://www.sartorialtrips.com/toronto-book/2018/11/6/vass

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe there's a Vass trunk show in Toronto next week if you wanted to get up close and personal with their offerings: http://www.sartorialtrips.com/toronto-book/2018/11/6/vass

Thanks man, I did forget about it. Will check if they are opening to the public.

I was thinking about knowing my size and waiting for sales, don't think I can afford one more MTO project this year - hope they would allow people to just take a look.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I heard about it but didn't know it has a store.

They're on Ossington, north of Queen. They carry the more casual styles (the Indy, derbies, etc.) and are good people. They also carry good casualwear if you're so inclined.

As for Vass, you can go through GTA Shoe Shine in Mississauga. Some of the gents on here have gone through Jok for Vass and he's a good guy.

As for the trunk show, you'd think that it would be okay - after all, you'll never know whether you like the brand until you try it - but I understand the hesitancy. It's why I don't always go to these trunk shows.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're on Ossington, north of Queen. They carry the more casual styles (the Indy, derbies, etc.) and are good people. They also carry good casualwear if you're so inclined.

As for Vass, you can go through GTA Shoe Shine in Mississauga. Some of the gents on here have gone through Jok for Vass and he's a good guy.

As for the trunk show, you'd think that it would be okay - after all, you'll never know whether you like the brand until you try it - but I understand the hesitancy. It's why I don't always go to these trunk shows.

it's funny, GTA shoe shine has been sitting in my bookmark for at least 2 years but I never tried to look for its actually store...
Thanks for the info about both stores..

There's no hesitation, I will only attend a trunk show when I have the intention to buy stuff. I have no intention in buying Vass at full price, or MTO. I always want to set the expectation right, and probably that's why I don't shop in stores very often nowadays.

Are you attending EB trunk show? I recall you said you are up.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads