• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the most recommended platform to sell high-end fashion items in Toronto? Is it Ebay.ca? Or Kijiji? Or here?

I have some Common Projects Chelsea boots I want to sell.

If you use Facebook, look up The Luxury District of Toronto - it's a group where people post higher end/hyped clothing, footwear and accessories for sale.

Other than the sites @goatamous II suggested, Depop is also an option.

I'm likely stating the obvious, but see if you can find comparable sold listings on eBay, Grailed or elsewhere before posting, as well as seeing how much other people are selling them for. Since you're selling something from Common Projects, you'll likely get numerous questions about their legitimacy, lowball offers and people who ghost/flake on you.

KWang94

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Collaro? They're based in Singapore but they look really interesting/cool

Bersabee

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Collaro? They're based in Singapore but they look really interesting/cool
Yea I do. I tried them for pants, and just ordered shirts (should be receiving them next week).

The pants didn't turn out great, but it was not really their fault as I am a hard fit. It also didn't help that I did not have a good pair of pants to base the measurements on. The issue was primarily with the rise, and my tailor was able to fix it as they provided extra fabric. Construction was solid as well and customer service was great. I plan on giving the pants another shot in the future.

I'd say, try them out if you have a pair of well-fitting pants. Make sure to use their trial pants service. You will have to pay customs fees as they use Fedex tho (~$30 off a $250 pair). I can update on the shirt when I receive it.

Hope this helps.

KWang94

Reaction score
Yea I do. I tried them for pants, and just ordered shirts (should be receiving them next week).

The pants didn't turn out great, but it was not really their fault as I am a hard fit. It also didn't help that I did not have a good pair of pants to base the measurements on. The issue was primarily with the rise, and my tailor was able to fix it as they provided extra fabric. Construction was solid as well and customer service was great. I plan on giving the pants another shot in the future.

I'd say, try them out if you have a pair of well-fitting pants. Make sure to use their trial pants service. You will have to pay customs fees as they use Fedex tho (~$30 off a $250 pair). I can update on the shirt when I receive it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you - appreciate it! Always good to know about additional fees as well. I was planning on getting some shirts with a trial shirt being made seeing as how they have some really cool fabrics. I'm a hard fit with trousers, as well, so I might hold off on that for now (I'm also intrigued by Dylan and Son's remote bespoke trousers) but they've definitely caught my interest. Keep us updated on the trousers!

too_poor_for_this

Reaction score

I have a safari jacket from them (though not really, it's more like a chore coat pocket design) and didn't really have any complaints. Did have to pay the HST (ontario) + the FedEx handling fee, but no duties. Have a lot more from Yeossal, which might use the same factory?

Bersabee

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Brenton&Co? Curious about their house style, pricing, and turnaround.

Got my pants back from Davido and am a little disappointed, to say the least. The pants fit great other than the rise which was the main reason I got 'bespoke' done with him. It's a shame as I liked his jacket style and was looking to get a suit made if the pants turned out well.

KWang94

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Brenton&Co? Curious about their house style, pricing, and turnaround.

Got my pants back from Davido and am a little disappointed, to say the least. The pants fit great other than the rise which was the main reason I got 'bespoke' done with him. It's a shame as I liked his jacket style and was looking to get a suit made if the pants turned out well.

@induere_to works there so I'm sure he can shed some light.

induere_to

Reaction score
Well,

Almost every menswear business in Toronto has offered me a job. 99% of them have refused to pay me anything but commission. Commission requires knowing how to bullshit your way through a customers intelligence and dip your hand straight into their wallet, which is probably why it's such a mission to narrow down what remains of 'bespoke' in this city. Similar to commission jobs anywhere: the better you bullshit, the more money you make. So, as misanthropic as I am, I understand that only I can control which choice of words I use--which will generally contrast the business-minded consensus (which is why I always turn commission offers down). I'm here only to re-educate people and to make badass clothes.

So, I could provide an answer that would make Big Brother smile, or the answer that would re-generate value to my true worth as a human being. That being said, I could either bullshit some PR publicly, or respond truthfully, privately if you care to reach out via PM.

Fortunately, I'm not a consultant, but I do make the clothes... no bullshit, here's proof:

10C5467B-D470-456F-B803-836E3986D964.jpeg

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well,

Almost every menswear business in Toronto has offered me a job. 99% of them have refused to pay me anything but commission. Commission requires knowing how to bullshit your way through a customers intelligence and dip your hand straight into their wallet, which is probably why it's such a mission to narrow down what remains of 'bespoke' in this city. Similar to commission jobs anywhere: the better you bullshit, the more money you make. So, as misanthropic as I am, I understand that only I can control which choice of words I use--which will generally contrast the business-minded consensus (which is why I always turn commission offers down). I'm here only to re-educate people and to make badass clothes.

So, I could provide an answer that would make Big Brother smile, or the answer that would re-generate value to my true worth as a human being. That being said, I could either bullshit some PR publicly, or respond truthfully, privately if you care to reach out via PM.

Fortunately, I'm not a consultant, but I do make the clothes... no bullshit, here's proof:

View attachment 1787448

So to confirm, you’re still with Brenton, correct?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sorry to hear this but am not surprised tbh - too many "I went bespoke only to be let down" stories out there. Curious to know why you opted for bespoke in the first place? From what I see/read/hear, bespoke is a very expensive way to get an average product.

Bersabee

Reaction score
sorry to hear this but am not surprised tbh - too many "I went bespoke only to be let down" stories out there. Curious to know why you opted for bespoke in the first place? From what I see/read/hear, bespoke is a very expensive way to get an average product.
I have a large seat/thighs from playing sports so need a very large back rise. I don't fit off the rack with most companies, and when I do it looks very bad/tight.

KWang94

Reaction score
I have a large seat/thighs from playing sports so need a very large back rise. I don't fit off the rack with most companies, and when I do it looks very bad/tight.

I have similar issues + forward hips. The sad thing is the best pair of fitting trousers I own are a pair of off the track SM trousers haha

chiggyv

Reaction score
Just got an email from eBay stating they will be charging tax on purchases as of July 1. Get your purchases in!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from eBay stating they will be charging tax on purchases as of July 1. Get your purchases in!

I use a US shipping address, and I've been nailed with state taxes for months now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads