• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
WHOA $350 CAD??!?!?! when was this?
I wear a 8.5UK in rain (left pinky toe touches the side due to left foot being a bit wider), could possibly upsize to 9uk (43). I wear a 9uk in F and it's almost perfect. I find the F last to be 1 of my best if not best fitting last.

Last time they sold a bunch under $350. Anyone can compare Carmina Rain last and Vass F last?

djdanniedee

Reaction score
To give more insight on the F last I would say the instep is higher compared to rain. The laces are tied closed whereas the rain (granted it is 0.5UK smaller) there is a small V. In terms of the heel, the F last seems narrower, i do get some heel slip with the rain last. In terms of the ball of the foot to the toes, i find the F last a bit roomier to the rain. Hope that gives you an idea.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone compare Vass F/U last to Allen Edmond's lasts? I'm a 9.5 E (sometimes D) and fit into this size pretty well - but with a big purchase like Vass, I want to be dead sure...

CloudLi

Reaction score
I doubt that I followed Jeeves since the beginning and don’t ever recall that. They got more $ on eBay then 350 last time they did a purge.
I am 100% sure, just used eBay search function. Oxford styles sold around 350 USD plus shipping, derbies were lower than 300 USD.
And $350 USD plus shipping for Vass is not that rare of a deal. Right now there is a guy on BS selling 350 includes worldwide shipping

Last edited:

CloudLi

Reaction score
WHOA $350 CAD??!?!?! when was this?
I wear a 8.5UK in rain (left pinky toe touches the side due to left foot being a bit wider), could possibly upsize to 9uk (43). I wear a 9uk in F and it's almost perfect. I find the F last to be 1 of my best if not best fitting last.
USD plus shipping

CloudLi

Reaction score
To give more insight on the F last I would say the instep is higher compared to rain. The laces are tied closed whereas the rain (granted it is 0.5UK smaller) there is a small V. In terms of the heel, the F last seems narrower, i do get some heel slip with the rain last. In terms of the ball of the foot to the toes, i find the F last a bit roomier to the rain. Hope that gives you an idea.
That’s sounds perfect. I need a narrower heel and bigger ball than Rain. So you took half size smaller? Or equivalent?
Revised: Did not see you previous post, so you actually sized up on F? That's very confusing, I thought F is roomier than Rain in term of width

Last edited:

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skoak is clearing out Carmina. 400$ landed approx
Check Odd Stock Section.

Some Santos, st c, and Lobb on sale also

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daaaaaam. Those sizes went fast!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE at BB RBC Plaza are -30% plus an additional -25% for anyone that needs quality beaters

Wow, this group considers AE as "quality beaters"? Yikes.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For below $300 stacked with corp discount and partial rubber sole, I'd consider them quality beaters.

Do you think they're good or bad?

I think AE is a well made shoe. I wouldn't consider them beaters. But that's just me. My beaters are a pair of Ecco.

Plus I take care of all my footwear, and don't truly consider any pair to be beaters... I digress.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads