• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, you are Bud Fox.

Wall-Street-Charlie-Sheen-Bud-Fox.jpg

CloudLi

Reaction score
Where can I get new CJ for 3-400?
@othertravel may know better than me. I have seen returned order or display model on eBay for that price.

The next time any of you see AE for $150 CAD and Vass for $350 CAD hit me up!
First, we only focus on our own sizes. Second, if we are the same size, I would grab the bargain before I show off here.
Plus, you can always grab Meermin 2nd under $100

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can get C&J for around $400 when you order during sales in the UK. They're usually discounted by 20/25%. But then you can get VAT removed, which makes a total discount of at least 33%.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can get C&J for around $400 when you order during sales in the UK. They're usually discounted by 20/25%. But then you can get VAT removed, which makes a total discount of at least 33%.

Ok, thanks.

qqch

Reaction score
Any hints on seasons to look out for that/or web stores to keep an eye on? I've been following Pediwear and Herring sites for a while and haven't seen C&Js at those prices, especially when you take into account the bane of all Canadian SF members....duties (not sure if CETA is actually affecting this though)

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There were a couple of Carmina models in my size on Skoak, but I opted not to bite as I didn't want to risk being stuck on a pair that may or may not fit. Simpson in my usual size is too big for my feet (learned it the hard way) and I haven't tried the Rain or Forest lasts yet.

First, we only focus on our own sizes.

Who's "we"?

chiggyv

Reaction score
There were a couple of Carmina models in my size on Skoak, but I opted not to bite as I didn't want to risk being stuck on a pair that may or may not fit. Simpson in my usual size is too big for my feet (learned it the hard way) and I haven't tried the Rain or Forest lasts yet.

Your usual size in UK? Or your US size -1?

In my experience Simpson is size down 0.5 from US to UK.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say even that is tough. Sure you can always find deals but it's not like there is a mountain of shoes for this price

@CloudLi - where can I find Meermin 2nds for under $100? 2nds meaning used? Or factory 2nds? Either way, would love to get your sources and leads.

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@CloudLi - where can I find Meermin 2nds for under $100? 2nds meaning used? Or factory 2nds? Either way, would love to get your sources and leads.
They list factory seconds on eBay. I haven't followed for awhile but anything I liked in my size always went over 100

CloudLi

Reaction score
They list factory seconds on eBay. I haven't followed for awhile but anything I liked in my size always went over 100
Yes, I did not follow either but seems like still many of them were sold under $100.
I think classic line 2nd is the best way to build a rotation for starters. Not sure if upper leather is better than AE but thicker and harder and soles are definitely more durable.
Meermin hand welted line is great value with JR Sole and arguably better than Carmina.
You can also buy Yanko for just above $300 landed.
Just my 2 cents, in general made in Spain, Italy or Eastern Europe shoes are better value than UK made ones, due to Labor cost and construction method.

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW I’ve never seen a pair of Vass sell for 400CAD... unless they were well used on eBay.

There is a difference of buying second rate shoes (rejects), and used shoes on eBay by winking a low bid. It’s not an apples to apples comparison.

I wouldn’t hang your hat on waiting to find these deals... Even C&J for 3-400 seems unlikely.

If you do find them, it’s either once in a blue moon, in a size 39, or a terribly ugly model.

I look for Vass almost daily. Jeeves deal of 405€ shipped with trees is the lowest I have seen them sell for from a store, dare I say... maybe ever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads