• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NickInTO

Reaction score
If anyone from downtown heads to the Mississauga outlet and buys some of those Drake's/Fred Perry polos, I'd probably buy a couple of size small's for $45-$50.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Little bit of a late pass but Rooneyshop.com (Montreal) has 25% off for Memorial Day.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also forgot to mention that the outlet has RL madras shirts marked down to $29.99 as well. Lots of sizes and colours.

Smitty2k1

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the TO suggestions. I spent most of my bonus day just walking around the city (saw less than expected during the 14 person bachelor party weekend...) but did make it to Spier Mackay!

I LOVED my weekend in TO. Y'all got good vibes.

Firstladyofsong

Reaction score
Heads up on a Vass Valway Pre-order from local Vass retailer
2 sweet Valway make-ups, looks like delivery will be Sept/Oct, which is ideal IMO for fall wear. Choose F or P2 last and sole, which is a nice touch! I’m still deciding on which makeup to go for. Currently has 2 orders and I'd love to see it make the 12 minimum to get it off the ground; no affiliation on my end so contact vendor for any questions.

http://www.gtashoeshine.com/GMTO-Valway-Boots--Deposit-_p_211.html?referer=mailid:6

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit of a late pass because it's been going on all week: Lipson warehouse sale going on
Saw a few Gotstyle, Harry Rosen, and Holt Renfrew shirts in addition to their own brand (Lipson), the Jack Lipson Signature Line, the Dagr line, Ivy, and a few others.

190 Norseman St, Etobicoke, ON M8Z 2R4

$50 - $75 each

Bulk
$50 shirts are 5 for $200
$75 shirts are 5 for $300

Spex

Reaction score
Heads up on a Vass Valway Pre-order from local Vass retailer
2 sweet Valway make-ups, looks like delivery will be Sept/Oct, which is ideal IMO for fall wear. Choose F or P2 last and sole, which is a nice touch! I’m still deciding on which makeup to go for. Currently has 2 orders and I'd love to see it make the 12 minimum to get it off the ground; no affiliation on my end so contact vendor for any questions.

http://www.gtashoeshine.com/GMTO-Valway-Boots--Deposit-_p_211.html?referer=mailid:6

I clicked the link and immediately thought "$295! Sweet deal...which should I get?" Then I realized that it was just the deposit. Oh well...was fun while the dream lasted.
rolleyes.gif

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking for a new blazer and wanted something better than the fused/half-canvas type.

I tried the Samuelsohn at HR and even though 40T fit me pretty well the armholes are just too big for my build (6'2" slim/european), the rep suggested I try on a Canali 40T which does have higher armholes and are slimmer fit but still need to be taken in slightly. However, at $1400 it's way above my budget. I asked if there's a sale and the rep just said "there's no sale on navy or black blazers". Is this true? There has to be some sort of sale for Christmas/Boxing Day? Or should I just go wait for it to show up at the HR Outlet. Thanks in advance.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers does have sales on their Blazers. I got mine for 30% off on a corporate sale day.

Spex

Reaction score

Brooks Brothers does have sales on their Blazers. I got mine for 30% off on a corporate sale day.

Next Friday BB has a summer sale (might be a Corp Discount Card holders sale), where seasonal sportcoats will be 40% off, I believe. If you're looking for a traditional navy blazer, I'm not sure what the discount might be, but might be worth checking out.

stanchri

Reaction score
I was looking for a new blazer and wanted something better than the fused/half-canvas type.

I tried the Samuelsohn at HR and even though 40T fit me pretty well the armholes are just too big for my build (6'2" slim/european), the rep suggested I try on a Canali 40T which does have higher armholes and are slimmer fit but still need to be taken in slightly. However, at $1400 it's way above my budget. I asked if there's a sale and the rep just said "there's no sale on navy or black blazers". Is this true? There has to be some sort of sale for Christmas/Boxing Day? Or should I just go wait for it to show up at the HR Outlet. Thanks in advance.

I would suggest you try RLBL Antony/Nigel. They're slim fit, high armholes, fully canvased and made by Caruso. If you can still find your size somewhere, very likely that it'll be heavily discounted as they discontinued the RLBL brand. The same suits are now under RLPL with a substantial markup.

linds_15

Reaction score

I would suggest you try RLBL Antony/Nigel. They're slim fit, high armholes, fully canvased and made by Caruso. If you can still find your size somewhere, very likely that it'll be heavily discounted as they discontinued the RLBL brand. The same suits are now under RLPL with a substantial markup. 

building on this, the Harry Rosen at Vaughan Mills has a small selection of RLBL navy sport coats from $700-$800

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics