1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate Toronto Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scatterbrain, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Sym

Sym Senior member

Any recommendations for top notch clobbers in or around the city?

Looking for a good winter topy for one boot and potentially converting another from Dainite to Commando, if possible.

2. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Nick's on Dupont

2 people like this.
  3. CloudLi

CloudLi Senior member

Tried yesterday, no they don't have earmuffs. Also tried Walmart and Bass Pro. What's wrong with earmuffs? Are they too ugly so none wants to buy them?

4. Ebichuman

Ebichuman Senior member

Amazon

5. althanis

althanis Senior member

Just don't go to that place on Yonge, near King. Novelty Shoe Rebuilders. Really bad service and management.

1 person likes this.
  6. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Senior member

Was just at Novelty today. Had some RM Williams re-heeled. They used Vibram heels—no issues. They also have Saphir products at a reasonable price.

7. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I`ve had nothing but good experiences at Novelty. But I`ve heard the opposite though

8. SirReveller

SirReveller Senior member

Nick's always seems to get the edge over Novelty. Both generally rated tops in the city though. I've only used Nick's. Great qual. Great prices. Friendly folks.

9. SirReveller

SirReveller Senior member

Have peeps on here used Creeds drycleaning? Comments?

10. chiggyv

chiggyv Senior member

Seems like more Brooks Brothers 40% coupons are out. If anyone has one they won't be making use of I'd greatly appreciate it!

11. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

I would like a Brooks coupon as well. Looking for chinos and really having a hard time finding. Banana has an annoying patch with their label on the back so it's a no go for me. Not sure where else to look. Might just go with Brooks milano.

12. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

If you're looking in that price range I would suggest J. Crew, or Club Monaco. Or bite the bullet and buy Epaulet. 3 pair of those will serve you for years and you can have a ton of looks with 3 colours. Olive, gunmetal, khaki or caramel.

2 people like this.
  13. chiggyv

chiggyv Senior member

Have you tried the Spier and Mackay chinos? They don't show online as they had a sizing issue from the factory but if you're looking at Milano fit they'll work well for you.

Oh and 20% off the bundle price ends soon so they'd be a small fraction of the cost of BB with similar quality.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  14. bings

bings Senior member

i tried getting them to do a suede brunello cucinelli jacket... the service was fine but they cant work miracles.

that's all i can say about it.

1 person likes this.
  15. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

So J Crew has 40% off today with free shipping too. I'm looking at the bowery slim fit. I'm 5'11" and 175 lbs naturally slim but have been working out my legs daily. Just unsure if I should go with 33 or 34 waist.

I'm a 33 waist in Epaulet walt.

Unfortunately my brother has all the S&M chino colors haha and he would hate for me to copy him lol.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  16. itbegins

itbegins Senior member

Decent prices on Alden at Roden Gray today, CYBER-2016 for another 10% off.

17. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Massimo Dutti has damn good chino's as well. I've worn the heck out of them and they always wash good.

18. Spruce Moose

Spruce Moose Senior member

I'll throw in Brax for an honorable mention on chinos and casual pants lol super comfy

19. mebiuspower

mebiuspower Senior member

I was going to pickup a grey RLBL suit at HR Outlet at Vaughn but it's disappointed to find out they raised the price back to $1k but with 25% off. I got an email today saying additional $150 off but the rep said it's actually for tomorrow. [​IMG]

Instead I went into BB and found out they have 80% off on Own Make (Southwick) Sport Coats. Got this one and it's brand new.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. ripi

ripi New Member

Solid find. What's BB stand for?