• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have darts, you can let them out.

Otherwise, no.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Depends where you need the extra room and how much extra room you need. Try, nothing to lose

moving the buttons on the front will create an awkward looking shirt as everything is centered.

Last edited:

hombreingwar

Reaction score
Happy New Year!
My winter coat flares out at the bottom, I guess it's not normal? but fixable?
Size smaller still flares out but in a less pronounced way. Thanks!

http://i.imgur.com/IHCcspd.jpg

Last edited:

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not much to go on from one side view that doesn't reveal much. Most often flaring of the skirt is related to balance issues but I think this one would improve by reducing the hip area of the coat. Coat balance looks like it has both a short front and back balance. Not 100% certain from the one picture provided

Last edited:

hombreingwar

Reaction score

Not much to go on from one side view that doesn't reveal much. Most often flaring of the skirt is related to balance issues but I think this one would improve by reducing the hip area of the coat. Coat balance looks like it has both a short front and back balance. Not 100% certain from the one picture provided

Thank you, I updated the photo (added frontal and the other side photo)

OTCtailor

Reaction score
What does the jacket do when it's unbuttoned? Can you get pics of that?

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Very short front balance. Proper fix is to open side seams, drop the back (shortening it) about 1 1/2" (maybe more). Reducing the front only at the side seams to take out excess cloth. If you only reduce the fronts and not shift the side seams the front will fly away more than it does already. You have a very low right shoulder that is contributing to the flare. That's why the left flares more than the right side.

Last edited:

renji

Reaction score
Gentleman, this is the final produck of my recent bespoke commision. Any feedback and suggestion will be very appreciated.

Last edited:

tcbrgs

Reaction score
Yes, little short imo, and you have a forward stance which hasn't been accounted for, which is causing the ripples and trousers to catch on front of thigh

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Renzi, trousers need adjusting but are you wearing braces on the trousers in this picture?

renji

Reaction score
Renzi, trousers need adjusting but are you wearing braces on the trousers in this picture?
Yes, little short imo, and you have a forward stance which hasn't been accounted for, which is causing the ripples and trousers to catch on front of thigh
No expert, but the trousers look a little short for the width of the ankle opening.
Yeah, I like the no break look, so maybe I'll lengthen it just a smidge. 1 cm perhaps? My friend suggested me to ask for slanted hem and I think it's a good solution

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads