• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions

MartinBruegel

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a well fitting pair of trousers that I'm planning to get copied by luxire.

They have one issue which I'd like to get fixed, which I think is referred to as 'floppy butt'.

You can see from the side-view pictures that there is a divot where the seat meets the thigh. This breaks the silhouette of the leg line. I think this is caused by my posture (I tend to stand with my knees locked).

Having read around it seems the solution is often to shorten the back rise. Would this work here? If so, how much by? Perhaps half an inch?

Any feedback on how to rectify this, or any other fit issues would be much appreciated.

Attachments

brobear123

Reaction score
Hi all. Got a suit from SuitSupply. Main issue I’m having is hump under the collar which I believe occurred after alterations where they tried to bring in the back a little. Here are some pictures. It is only seen from the side. Is this something that can be fixed easily?

Attachments

Canadianguy

Reaction score
Hi all. Got a suit from SuitSupply. Main issue I’m having is hump under the collar which I believe occurred after alterations where they tried to bring in the back a little. Here are some pictures. It is only seen from the side. Is this something that can be fixed easily?
I’m not an expert but I’ll chime in since nobody else has. Generally I think the hump under the collar is a simple fix, however, it looks like there is a lot of pulling happening all over the back of your jacket. Looks like your tailor went a bit too far bringing in the back. Should be fixable as long as the material is still there.
The front looks pretty good!

Fexxi

Reaction score
Hi,

This is a pair of MTM trousers from Luxire. Pretty happy with the fit already but as my goal is to have perfectly (or close to perfect) draping trousers, I think I need to add a bit more room to the seat and knees. What do you think? How much more room is needed? These are the measurements I submitted for this pair (in cm):

pants-hips : 50
pants-front-rise : 32
pants-back-rise : 46
pants-thigh : 31
pants-knee : 25
pants-bottom : 20
waist : 40
inseam : 76

This is sort of the fit I'm going for:

Attachments

zr3rs

Reaction score
Hello guys! Would you mind telling me whether this jacket seems too long? I’m a bit short but with wide shoulders, so regular sizes are difficult for me. In this case, my tailor insists that it’s a very long jacket and advices me to send it back. What do you say?
In classic terms, the length is fine. However, if you want to wear the jacket casually with jeans, I would go an inch shorter (i.e. send it back). With tailored trousers, you should make another photo and see if you like it (best get somebody to make a full-length front photo from breast height).

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In classic terms, the length is fine. However, if you want to wear the jacket casually with jeans, I would go an inch shorter (i.e. send it back). With tailored trousers, you should make another photo and see if you like it (best get somebody to make a full-length front photo from breast height).
I agree. The jacket would look good with tailored trousers with little to no break.

rsurya25

Reaction score
Quick fit critique on this Sky Blue Oxford after a day of wear?

Currently doing this for next shirt:
-0.25 cuff size
-0.25 bicep
-0.5 sleeve length
+1.0 bottom button/hem

Thought about going -0.25 armhole. Also adding side pleats on the back.

Thank you.

prof.contingency

Reaction score
Hello guys! Would you mind telling me whether this jacket seems too long? I’m a bit short but with wide shoulders, so regular sizes are difficult for me. In this case, my tailor insists that it’s a very long jacket and advices me to send it back. What do you say?
I would say your tailor is probably right here. At first, it looked about the right length (from a classical perspective), but then I realised that you are wearing your jeans quite low.

Another thing is that I can see the tailor's pin. And, the patch pocket will be much too close to the bottom of the jacket; it would look almost comical. I suggest that it be sent back.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey all, I just received my first DB mtm and was wondering if it's possible (or advisable to shorten the front of the jacket without changing the back length. The back perfectly covers my rear but the front seems maybe 1 cm too long.
View attachment 1638520
This really looks great. No way to tell about the length without a side view from eye level.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.