• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Styleforum x Archibald Sneaker GMTO

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick favor, can someone post a photo of Archibald sneakers in the sand color in the wild?
Afraid the one I’ve got doesn’t offer much in contrasts, in terms of its surroundings.
2F0857E2-1856-4881-92A3-E85489B1E5B5.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MerryDespot

Reaction score
Just a quick post…

Received my tan ULs this afternoon. I haven’t had a chance to photograph them yet, but I’ve got to say … they’re damn nice. Super light and comfortable, with a fantastic fit (I sized down one size to 44 from my usual 45) - excellent finish as well. Really happy with them.
The finish is also much nicer than I’d anticipated. Given that it’s deerskin i know you’re always dealing with a different finishing than calf or horsehide … but while I was expecting a more dull or matte finishing these are actually lovely with a little more luster than I’d expected. Obviously they’re completely different than my v2 anticatos in terms of luster … but they’re much nicer than I’d expected.

Now … just to wait for the tan CXL v3s - given how great the ULs turned out I’ve high hopes for these!

Well done to all at Archibald - I know there was a longer wait than anticipated for the ULs but it was absolutely worth it

Great Egret

Reaction score
Just a quick post…

Received my tan ULs this afternoon. I haven’t had a chance to photograph them yet, but I’ve got to say … they’re damn nice. Super light and comfortable, with a fantastic fit (I sized down one size to 44 from my usual 45) - excellent finish as well. Really happy with them.
The finish is also much nicer than I’d anticipated. Given that it’s deerskin i know you’re always dealing with a different finishing than calf or horsehide … but while I was expecting a more dull or matte finishing these are actually lovely with a little more luster than I’d expected. Obviously they’re completely different than my v2 anticatos in terms of luster … but they’re much nicer than I’d expected.

Now … just to wait for the tan CXL v3s - given how great the ULs turned out I’ve high hopes for these!

Well done to all at Archibald - I know there was a longer wait than anticipated for the ULs but it was absolutely worth it
pictures! :)

MerryDespot

Reaction score
So … some further thoughts on the ULs. After a ‘field test’ this evening (early dinner and walk afterwards) they’re super flexible and light. They did take me a bit of getting used to - not in terms of comfort (super comfy - with fantastic ability to hold the heel properly) but in terms of how light they feel!

I should explain that despite being someone who lived in converse trainers through my entire youth, I’m now a boot or bench made shoe wearing guy. I’m used to structure - shanks and support. It was a bit of an adjustment to wear shoes that are this lightweight and flexible.

Nothing bad … just I was aware of it for a while until I got used to it. Even compared to more structured trainers like CPs or whatever … these are like slippers. Hell … I’m wearing a pair of unstructured leather Sabah slippers right now that feel rock hard compared to the ULs!!

This lightness is obviously by design - and certainly not unpleasant… but even expecting a light shoe these took me by surprise. The ULs are easily my best fitting and most comfortable shoes, certainly for warmer weather.

I’m really looking forward to the v3s I ordered in CXL now that I’ve finally figured out my proper sizing in the SF01 (which is one EU size smaller than my sizing in anything else). I had some heel slip on my v2s that wasn’t a serious problem but annoying enough that I’d sometimes pass over them for other trainers … but that was user error on my part in terms of sizing … so I’m hoping the v3s will be spot on and arrive in time for a bit of wear before boot eeason

ArchibaldRoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm so happy they turned out well and you enjoy them!

Hi everyone, I just got word that the first of the freight orders has arrived in the UK and clearing customs as we speak. It will arrive here and dispatch will begin.

-This contains all the v3s and some of the ULs.
-Then we have the second one coming with remaining ULs and Cordovan pairs.

So you will see posts about the former more than the latter at the beginning. I know this has cut fine and yet again been another cursed and delayed delivery thanks to all that took place.

However I wanted to be transparent on something we should have managed better during this process. One mistake that was made is the artisans did our entire order in one shot and therefore even though the ULs and Cordovan pairs had nothing to do with the migration from Adriano/Alessandro, and the changes/upgrades we were making to the SF01, they didn't start on our other shoes which had been fully developed with the maker until all work with the SF01 including multiple sampling was finished. In September, I will finally be able to go see them and will set things straight so each product is handled in its own production separately and now with the batch function we can have much better updates. It never occured to me why different products because they were ordered at the same moment should be handled as one order and made sense that things would operate separately, but I guess these are teething issues that occur when visitation etc is restricted.

I am really sorry for how late into Summer this all happened and are eternally grateful for all your faith and patience. I don't want to say we are trying very hard because results matter but I assure you timeliness will be better observed moving forward, Covid or no Covid. This was affected by both drama and a pandemic.

Italy is now on holiday with Ferrogosto and reopens on the 23rd (apparently its considered ludicrous to not observe it) the saga is almost done and I sincerely cannot wait to get you all your shoes.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads