• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!)

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jeff - 1
Frankie via wikipedia - 0

Haha dont put it that way. Kiton is still top of the food chain when it comes to RTW which is what this list is about really. my point which i think you agreed with is that TF, RLPL, and Zegna Couture should be up there because they really are some of the best RTW you can get.

MDeKelver

Reaction score
Otr Canali blows away MTM Samuelsohn? How have you come to this conclusion?
I own two of both. Canali is just so well made in the chest, shoulders, through the sleeve. Maybe it is the fit on me. The handiwork can be perceived as similar. Long term the Canalis seem to stand up.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own one Canali - have owned two in the past - and probably 5 or 6 Samuelsohn MTM at present. Nothing whatsoever in my experience suggests that Canali "blows away" Samuelsohn MTM.
Agreed. I think the poster is being swayed by differences in fit as opposed to differences in quality of construction.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I own one Canali - have owned two in the past - and probably 5 or 6 Samuelsohn MTM at present. Nothing whatsoever in my experience suggests that Canali "blows away" Samuelsohn MTM.

Agreed. I think the poster is being swayed by differences in fit as opposed to differences in quality of construction.

Last edited:

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Haha dont put it that way. Kiton is still top of the food chain when it comes to RTW which is what this list is about really. my point which i think you agreed with is that TF, RLPL, and Zegna Couture should be up there because they really are some of the best RTW you can get.
On a side note, I was at Bergdorf over the weekend and the new offerings from Kiton are
inlove.gif

redboat

Reaction score
Quote: Pal Zileri Green Label is relatively slim fitting. As I understand it, it's the youth oriented part of their Sartoriale line. The ones I have seen are drop 8.

rudals1281

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Pal Zileri Green Label is relatively slim fitting. As I understand it, it's the youth oriented part of their Sartoriale line. The ones I have seen are drop 8.
What's a drop 8? My RLBL has drop 6
Never mind, the better question is how is it important?

Last edited:

redboat

Reaction score
What's a drop 8? My RLBL has drop 6
Never mind, the better question is how is it important?
Paraphrasing onix in another thread, Drop = difference between chest size and pant size. For example, a 40R suit with a drop 7 means a pant size of 33". The greater the drop, the "slimmer" the cut. Most suits are drop 6 or 7.

pendragon

Reaction score
I was told it is the difference between the chest size, and the size of the jacket's waist rather than the pants. Can someone confirm either way?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads