The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Cognacad, Sep 20, 2009.

Tags:
  1. stylemeup

stylemeup Senior member

I know very little about suits, except for the fair amount that I've read about them on the sf and AA forums.

Based on what I've read, H&M and Boss do not belong in the "Mediocre" category.

They should instead be in a new category that is not yet on the list, with a name such as "Trash."

On a similar note, "Mediocre" and "Satisfactory" are synonyms. Having two categories named with words that mean the same thing makes no sense.

I would also move M. Valentino out of the category currently listed as "Mediocre." From what I've read, M. Valentino are much better than a lot of the trash that is currently listed in that category as if they are of equivalent quality.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011

2. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

RL Rugby is nowhere near "very good." Mediocre maybe.

3. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Looking at some BB 1818 suits, are these worth $600?

4. NORE

NORE Senior member

For me? No. For you? Maybe. But don't take my word, just go in and try them. If you like, buy. If not, run.

5. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

I understand they are half-canvased, their fabric comes from a mill in Italy and the suits are constructed in USA. They any good or are they on level with Hugo Boss?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011

6. Macallan

Macallan Senior member

Boateng did have several lines, probably still the same; hence, he cannot be put in one category.

House of Hanover, off Regent Street, used to stock his low-end range and shirts which would be long in the 'mediocre' list. There was a 'Bespoke Couture' line, which was his top-line RTW and there was another line too.

7. js4design

js4design Senior member

What do you find unsatisfactory about them at this price point? Or are they unsatisfactory for you regardless of price? I own two that I've been extremely happy with, so I'm curious what your experience has been.

8. NORE

NORE Senior member

To be totally transparent I have no experience with BB 1818 suits but when I'm getting PRL made in Italy suits for about $250-$350 this is a no-brainer for me. And please people, don't PM me regarding where I get them at this price. If you have teh urge you needs to lurk moar.

9. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Do you get staple navy suits a that price? :confused:

10. NORE

NORE Senior member

I have actually got a signature (Jerome) suit NWT at that price. It was advertised as black but was actually a navy nailhead. I don't like solid suits but this one you couldn't tell it was patterned until you were about to hug me.

There are others I find in my size [/URL]but they fail criteria; dual vents. Most of the solid suits I see nowadays have a single vent, especially navy. If you can live with that, more power to ya.

My size but single vented for a song: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Laure...509895?pt=US_CSA_MC_Suits&hash=item5890907b47

Size 40R http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Laure...934959?pt=US_CSA_MC_Suits&hash=item256ad1f66f

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011

11. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Yeah, there are not many double vent solid navy suits floating around for sale. The few I have seen are at outrageous prices (or maybe not since they seem to be so rare :laugh: )

12. inq89

inq89 Senior member

I searched your username with a few key words and have not found a definitive answer. Ebay? Please don't make me search more haha.

13. NORE

NORE Senior member

14. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

I'd be very surprised.

15. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Is RL Rugby really that bad? I was under the impression that the post-2011 line is made in Italy, supposingly by Caruso. There were some threads claiming they are fully canvassed. I purchased one during the last sale and it is nearly identical to my RLBL suits in cut and fit.