• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The State of Black Tie: Your Observations

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Balls out and rock one man!!! I do it all the time
I’d agree if we were talking about suits. Formal wear is a bit of a different animal. I’ve worn dinner jackets to places people normally wouldn’t in this day and age (including Cook Out, a burger drive through place) but in central NC it’s so far off the norm you might get asked to do a magic trick. It gets a little too costume-y for my personal taste. If I still lived in S Fla it would be a different story. Still you wouldn’t have to twist my arm too hard - that’s a great jacket.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To state what I hope was obvious, I do not wear Axe. In fact, I don’t wear any cologne on any occasion. My laundry detergent and deodorant are even fragrance-free. its Not that I object to it, per se, but it’s not something I prefer for me.

MontyLo

Reaction score
8A593F95-10AD-44E7-B4E2-860DD8453148.jpeg

Is there any official consensus on silk knot cuff/stud sets like these? I try not to deviate from the conventional etiquette, but I do like these and enjoy wearing them. They’ve never seemed out of place, but I seldom wear black tie and am curious.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nothing literally wrong with them; the world needs more nice inexpensive, unbreakable jewelry. Even so, I do wish that someone could make the studs a smaller diameter. A monkey's fist with two, rather than three strands wrapped would be logical.

Unfortunately, the market for those is so small that probably nobody will bother.

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1382017
Is there any official consensus on silk knot cuff/stud sets like these? I try not to deviate from the conventional etiquette, but I do like these and enjoy wearing them. They’ve never seemed out of place, but I seldom wear black tie and am curious.

Is your shirt by Kamakura?

MontyLo

Reaction score
It is. I’ve only worn it a few times, but I’ve been happy with it. This was my first experience with a pleated front.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favourite is still all the Pierce Brosnan films (favourite film probably being Goldeneye and The World is not Enough, probably because I grew up with him as Bond...in terms of Bond styling he is still my favourite compared to all the others. I rank him first with Connery as runner up...sacriligeous I know but I am a 90s Brioni fanboy...and I think he wore the best dinner jackets
Somewhere online there is a short explanation by the long time bond costume designer as to why they went with certain clothing when they did. It starts with Connery and works all the way to Daniel Craig. It’s interesting – I agree that Bryson was one of the recent best, Somewhere online there is a short explanation by the Long time bond costume designer as to why they went with certain clothing when they did. It starts with Connery and works all the way to Daniel Craig. It’s interesting – I agree that Brosnan was one of the recent best, but in turns out the stuff we complain about with respect to Craig’s fits (like the way the jackets seem too tight across the back) is mostly intentional

Royal_Airforce

Reaction score
Two days ago, my wife and me had our anniversary day, where we usually go out for dinner.
Unfortunately all restaurants are closed due to corona, so we had to do a dinner at home.
We decided to dress as if we would go out, and it was also a very nice evening.

View attachment 1381579 View attachment 1381574 View attachment 1381575 View attachment 1381576 View attachment 1381577 View attachment 1381578
Envious of the texture-rich cream fabric! (Equally so of a sweet couple)

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...I think you should use the venetian weave though...I have one in midnight and it is one of the best cloths I have used in my wardrobe

Contango

Reaction score
On the cheaper side I quite like Versace dreamer (hard to find - smells like gin tobacco) and L'Occitane Cade (dry wood) and standard L'Occitane
I’d wanted to try Cade after one of your previous recommendations in the Australian thread, but it doesn’t look like they do it as a fragrance any more, nor a deodorant, which is how I often give s fragrance a try (currently on L’Occitane‘s Baux which I quite like).

i love their lemon verbena, but usually only have it as a soap or body wash, not sure if it’s a little feminine for a fragrance, even when used as a deodorant.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d wanted to try Cade after one of your previous recommendations in the Australian thread, but it doesn’t look like they do it as a fragrance any more, nor a deodorant, which is how I often give s fragrance a try (currently on L’Occitane‘s Baux which I quite like).

i love their lemon verbena, but usually only have it as a soap or body wash, not sure if it’s a little feminine for a fragrance, even when used as a deodorant.
A third of the stuff I have is feminine. Habanita is feminine. If you like the scent get it...feminine masculine labels be dammed!

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a matter of fact I draw a lot of inspiration for bespoke design from womenswear...especially the dinner jackets

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads