1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Original Chippewa Heritage Boot Line

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bl@ster, Feb 1, 2013.

1. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Good news for those of us who are into the old school workboot. Looks like Chippewa is gearing up to introduce an archival line of boots. It's about time! Only info I could find was from this Archival Clothing blog post:

http://www.archivalclothing.com/2013/01/archival-report-projectnyc.html

I asked the blog author when we can expect this new line to ship and they said Aug 1 for a Fall introduction. Let's keep this thread around for then. I think my wallet will not be pleased when these come out, they look great.

More info from the blog post:

"As a longtime fan of the classic, Chippewa made, LL Bean Engineer boot, I was thrilled to see the relaunch of Chippewa's Archival boots line. Chippewa is now creating a footwear line based on original, historical models from the company archives. Even the brand packaging and Vibram soles on the new boots are based on an original designs that had to be remanufactured for the brand relaunch. Per usual, I submitted my request to have Chippewa size the line down so that it could be worn by women or gents with smaller feet."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. volatile

volatile Senior member

3. engar

engar Senior member

The lace-to-toe boots looks good.

4. red81

red81 Senior member

i will buy those katahdins-done-right as soon as i find them.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I want to foot-hump the shit out of those. Sadly, they probably won't be making them in the wides.

6. Dapp

Dapp Senior member

These look fantastic. Will definitely be keeping track of these.

7. Tuma

Tuma Senior member

2-tone captoes look nice to me!

8. rossi

rossi Well-Known Member

The sand coloured one in the middle looks very nice, although I do not like double stitching on toe caps. I think I still prefer the looks of the regular Katahdin.

9. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

:drool:

Any idea about price point?

10. red81

red81 Senior member

any updates on these?

11. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

Agreed. Lace to toe is as good as I've seen. My chippewas are so good, I could always have more.

12. meso

meso Senior member

13. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Found another photo on the intertubes:

[​IMG]

14. Tarmac

Tarmac Senior member

these all look great.

15. red81

red81 Senior member

any updates on these?

chippewa, shut up and take my money!

16. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

I've yet to hear ANYTHING about this line. Supposedly they start shipping August 1st. If that's so, they're not doing much marketing/promotion. Maybe it's time to ask Chipp himself.

Update: Emailed Chipp customer service tonight. Will post here when I hear something...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  17. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Nothing yet back from Chippewa re: the Heritage line, but I did dig up this photo from a tradeshow. The packaging looks very cool.

[​IMG]

18. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Finally got a response from Chippewa about the impending launch of the heritage line. Sounds like it's nearly go-time:

"We will be launching an updated site soon that will have the new product, complete with a retailer listing for the heritage line. Keep a lookout for it within the next month or two!"

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  19. mlwdp

mlwdp Member

20. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Nice catch, mlwdp.

Some good stuff here, the service boots looks very nice:

[​IMG]

As well as the Homestead boot (or "Katahdin's done right" as I've heard some people call them):

[​IMG]

And some tasty new monkey boots (now called Bridgeman):

[​IMG]

Some new Engy's. Not my thing but others will like them. Not sure how they're different from their other Engy boots:

[​IMG]

And some Oxfords (haven't seen oxfords from Chippewa before):

[​IMG]

I just kopped a pair of Homestead's and Service Boots. will post pics when they arrive. One thing that'll be interesting is whether they're in line quality-wise with the J. Crew collabs from last year or the Zappos exclusives from last year. The price point is similar to the J. Crew line so we'll see... the prices are about 40-50 dollars higher than last year's Zappo's line (which are still for sale on Zappos). I got the feeling that even the J. Crew stuff was slightly below Red Wing quality (ie. is that a leather insole under the foam insole or some sort of fiberboard?). We shall see.

One minor point, I prefer the Indian Chief logo:

[​IMG]

To the one they're using on this latest batch:

[​IMG]

Perhaps they're really playing up the "1901" in the branding as a bit of a jab at Red Wing, who wasn't founded until 4 years later.

I'll also be interested to see what kind of packaging these come in. Will we get the regular old Chippewa box (like the Katahdin's and GQ's come in) that we're used to:

[​IMG]

Or will we get that nice Indian Chief retro artwork on the box like we've seen from various tradeshows:

[​IMG]

Regardless of the box, I hope they still have the "certificate of authenticity" -- somewhat pointless perhaps but it's always a nice little touch with Chipps.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013