• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

i found a bunch more shoes today. really weird all the shoes lately

BTW, meant to shout you out for the hookup on those Gitmans - wore the chambray today. Badabababa Im loving it :fistbump:
a41f893d.jpg

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vintage nunn bush wingtip slipon loafers.. 8c. pretty cool shoes, i think these are really old
kxMJR.jpg

4lnEZ.jpg

mezlan black captoes, hardly worn, even got the box
o7pos.jpg

kDo6Q.jpg

bally continental loafers... deadstock, pretty hideous but hey new and 7 bucks, somebody should bite on ebay
ZPDvc.jpg

stloz.jpg

more deadstock bally loafers, again, ugly, but cheap
LEHa5.jpg

thTy6.jpg

alden! a little dusty but excellent condition
PAHu1.jpg

alden! dusty again, but excellent
UKU1z.jpg

mX6ik.jpg

vintage deadstock barletta by florsheim, handmade in italy. i think these are actually pretty sick looking in a good way
nbaOs.jpg

UMzqK.jpg

find of the day... deadstock allen edmonds lisbon, in sharkskin.
G5zrb.jpg

Gns7l.jpg

pretty etro tie
lpznM.jpg

32CIt.jpg

charles tyrwhitt suit, not that good of quality but really slim and fabric is decent
gX1bP.jpg

JmzHJ.jpg

oh and... kiton. lol
lnkof.jpg

ZZ2Bo.jpg

glad you like the shirt spoo

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found these the other day:
Stuart's Choice, made in England for Paul Stuart
I'm pretty sure these are Grenson, right?

I'm kind of torn, they're my size, but really not my style.

7701735430_6ed3b71fd8.jpg

7701736776_432a4c5749.jpg

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
vintage nunn bush wingtip slipon loafers.. 8c. pretty cool shoes, i think these are really old
kxMJR.jpg

4lnEZ.jpg

mezlan black captoes, hardly worn, even got the box
o7pos.jpg

kDo6Q.jpg

bally continental loafers... deadstock, pretty hideous but hey new and 7 bucks, somebody should bite on ebay
ZPDvc.jpg

stloz.jpg

more deadstock bally loafers, again, ugly, but cheap
LEHa5.jpg

thTy6.jpg

alden! a little dusty but excellent condition
PAHu1.jpg

alden! dusty again, but excellent
UKU1z.jpg

mX6ik.jpg

vintage deadstock barletta by florsheim, handmade in italy. i think these are actually pretty sick looking in a good way
nbaOs.jpg

UMzqK.jpg

find of the day... deadstock allen edmonds lisbon, in sharkskin.
G5zrb.jpg

Gns7l.jpg

pretty etro tie
lpznM.jpg

32CIt.jpg

charles tyrwhitt suit, not that good of quality but really slim and fabric is decent
gX1bP.jpg

JmzHJ.jpg

oh and... kiton. lol
lnkof.jpg

ZZ2Bo.jpg

glad you like the shirt spoo
No shoe sizes
patch[1].gif
Love the whole cuts and nice kitty kitty jeans
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Mainy, what's the size of those black Aldens?

Also, do you guys know about the Thrift Store Runway contest? Just saw it linked from AAF... I feel like, with all the items and knowledge, some folks here could destroy this thing.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mainy, what's the size of those black Aldens?

Also, do you guys know about the Thrift Store Runway contest? Just saw it linked from AAF... I feel like, with all the items and knowledge, some folks here could destroy this thing.

$500 prize? I'm in.

LooknGr8

Reaction score
Oh, another question on tie brands...Sartori ties: Good/bad/mediocre? Saw one today with a fine diamond pattern, thought at first it was a charvet, it felt like it, not quite as soft but really nice. Are they low-end italian brand or good stuff?

acosbysweater

Reaction score
A few ties today:

The BB is NWT and the Ben Silvers are both firsts for me. The yellow is a 6 or 7 fold...not really sure how to differentiate.

Also found these old Wolverines that might clean up nicely:

And a pair of fairly recent Seavees.
These exact ones.
SEAVEES 09/63 PANTONE PLIMSOLL

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up these vintage Bally "Beatle Boots" today. They are from a Bally line that I'm not familiar with, "Wing". The leather is unbelievably soft and the soles Parawets, which were a leather Bally came up with that was supposed to be softer, longer wearing and water resistant. They're Goodyear welted and completely leather lined so I'd put the construction up there with the best of them.
If anyone knows anything about the Bally "Wings", I'd love to hear more about them. Also, they are, sadly, at 12 M just a bit too snug for my 12.5/13s and therefore, available.
ballyboots.jpg

ballyboots1.jpg
Oh, and along with them, two pair of NWT Footjoy golf socks and a pair of NWT Levis 505s.

Wow! I've been after a pair of "Beatle Boots" for years! Wish they were a size or so smaller!

Had quite a fun day yesterday. Hit some discount stores and thrifts, about four IIRC, and pulled some pretty solid items, however, I spent more than usual.

More pedestrian finds:

Penfield-Know nothing about this Size Large

Nice find! Penfield was a outdoorsy line from the late 70's to mid 80's (think North Face, Alpine Designs, etc except as far as I know, they only did clothing) that was recently revived with a more streetwearish vibe. I've been eyeing a few of their down jackets but am skeptical of their quality since they've been revived. Must be decent stuff though as retail isn't exactly cheap.

Great finds of the rest of the lot as well!

Mainy: Wow, crazy Haul! Also, Kiton Jeans!?! Not my style, but pretty cool!

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@mainy ,i had two pairs of those Kiton jeans about two years ago sold for $200 each on B/S here...i think FStyles bought them what ever happened to that guy he had some awesme stuff

found more furniture but who cares,how about these NOS 1967 Bombardier Ski Doo full body suits....now i need to thrift me a snowmobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads