• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WAT.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you guys this, but...

You are all flippers.
:laugh:

Srsly, when these mom-daughter teams see you flipping through racks at light speed, they are thinking the same thing.

:hide:

Last edited:

951socal

Reaction score
im not. i don't even have an ebay listing

but i tend to pick up clothes for job interviews or working out. i pick up alot of underarmour, lacoste, the north face and american eagle/abercrombie for my personal use.

and in the rare chances i do have to sell something i don't make any money on it haha, but i don't mind

im losing less money than going to the mall and donating everything and every cent counts right now

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WAT.

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you guys this, but...

You are all flippers. 
:laugh:

Srsly, when these mom-daughter teams see you flipping through racks at light speed, they are thinking the same thing.  

:hide:

Yeah, I was joking. :)

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

im not. i don't even have an ebay listing
but i tend to pick up clothes for job interviews or working out. i pick up alot of underarmour, lacoste, the north face and american eagle/abercrombie for my personal use.
and in the rare chances i do have to sell something i don't make any money on it haha, but i don't mind
im losing less money than going to the mall and donating everything and every cent counts right now

in case anyone is wondering, this is a good dude. hook him up people! :fonz:

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also wishing Jhane Barnes was Brioni. If so, I would have hit the motherlode. Someone donated their whole Jhane Barnes wardrobe (lots of crazy shirts and sweaters and some ok looking suits).

I flipped a pair of Jhane Barnes shirts for $30-ish as a lot. Worth it if you're not finding a lot else and just want some flip fodder.

951socal

Reaction score

in case anyone is wondering, this is a good dude. hook him up people! :fonz:

i appreciate that! :slayer:

im vouching for mexicutioner here, one of the best users of this forum.
sf menswear is one of the most friendly places on the web due to people like him.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I flipped a pair of Jhane Barnes shirts for $30-ish as a lot. Worth it if you're not finding a lot else and just want some flip fodder. 

:facepalm: who buys that shite? I don't know what's worse.. Jhane Barnes or Robert Graham. :uhoh:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i don't get all this hate for "flippers." aren't there a lot of flippers IN GENERAL here?

maybe i don't understand the distinction. aren't nataku, brianpore, mainy, everyone on LookinGR8's ebayer list, etc. "flippers"?

I like to think of us as "cherry pickers" who rescue Kiton and Brioni suits from the possibly terrible fate of being purchased by a high-schooler to wear to a school dance, wear to a wild after-party where it'll get beer and vomit and who knows what else spilled on it and then thrown away because it was only a "$10 Goodwill suit". We take pride in seeing that rescued item find a new home where it'll be appreciated for what it is. Well, that's what I think of us (including myself) as. We're very selective about what we buy.

These people I'm referring to sucked up anything of remote value. They had two carts piled high. Everything from Thomas Pink shirts to Pottery Barn crib sets to cookware. I know you've all seen them. Then they try to get a discount on their way out because they "bought so much". I have nothing against someone trying to make a buck or two, but leave some for the rest of us for crying out loud. I've left very nice stuff behind including Brioni suits, Zegna jackets, etc because I want to keep the hobby fun for others. It's no fun showing up to a completely picked store only to see someone pushing two carts stacked high with everything in the store that they could make $20 or more profit on.

Just needed to clear that up. :)

Last edited:

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I now know where you shop thanks to the orphan and Aldens. That is one of my favorite stops.
The houndstooth wasn't out yesterday though, so I may have to run over and check that out tomorrow.
Send me a PM if you want to compare notes on the OTP shopping.

This is the Goodwill by the mall, right? ****. Might as well stay away.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I've left very nice stuff behind including Brioni suits, Zegna jackets, etc because I want to keep the hobby fun for others. It's no fun showing up to a completely picked store only to see someone pushing two carts stacked high with everything in the store that they could make $20 or more profit on.
Just needed to clear that up. :)

What Brioni suits and Zegna jackets you find that only make you a twunny? :confused:

;)

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Found something tonight, no idea what the hell I bought. Need to channel the spirit of valium. Hopefully he still lurks. Pics to come.

Also bought a van heusen :bigstar:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads