• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elev8rz

Reaction score
E Grayson, 11 1/2 B. Damn fine condition. They originally had some discoloration, but my guy refinished them and they look fantastic. Available.

Barrie Ltd. Jodhpur Boots, 12 A. Also refinished and I had a gash repaired. Damn fine condition and available.

amadar

Reaction score

AE Grayson, 11 1/2 B. Damn fine condition. They originally had some discoloration, but my guy refinished them and they look fantastic. Available.

Barrie Ltd. Jodhpur Boots, 12 A.  Also refinished and I had a gash repaired. Damn fine condition and available. 

Not trying to hate, as those are beautiful shoes....but if they don't fit you (I'm talking about the Barrie Johdpur's), it may have been a mistake to spend money to have them repaired given the size (12A). Thats a really tough sell. O well, best of luck!

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So Brian has a corps of personal shoppers? How did he pull this off?

he is a standup guy(and would shamelessly sell you a barn or nails or whatever) but it's his size. It's exciting to find stuff that size since it's rare. BTW TandA shirts that was too small for him sold anear cost to a Japanese dude.

quantumjazz

Reaction score
My first try at thrifting so please be gentle if I don't really have anything to brag about...

I also picked up a PRL Custom fit shirt in a nice lavender check in my size as well as a Tasso Elba polo but I figured those weren't worth taking pics of.

Last edited:

Madroaster

Reaction score

And this is one feedback he got, no need for translation:
Merce perfetta - venditore arrogante

I saw that the other day and laughed as hard as I did just now. :D

valium

Reaction score
sigh one last post because you guys dont get it,i know hes real and thrifts not denying it (okay Mainy?).
nataku,where was all the other stuff besides the Brioni shoes when you went?
the one day you go with him theres no mega haul? or was it in the back,waiting for him to show up the next day WITHOUT you.
allright good luck and good night,for realz this time
Yeah, I met him in person and even thrifted with him. He's real and he does thrift. He's pretty good too! Walked into a dumpy looking SA and pulled out a pair of Brioni loafers.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
okay so i will go out on a bang on my last post,very cool vintage teak cabinet today (sadly without speakers),a cool mint condition Hermes tie,and the best find of the week for me a very cool vintage Bulova flip clock made in japan,still keeps perfect time and its in mint condition.timely,since my time has run out on this forum.anyway happy hunting guys and good luck.see ya.

I for one enjoyed seeing your cool furniture / audio finds. I'd appreciate it if you continued... especially if you gave some tips on where / how to look for this stuff 'cause I never see anything like this.

elev8rz

Reaction score
Not trying to hate, as those are beautiful shoes....but if they don't fit you (I'm talking about the Barrie Johdpur's), it may have been a mistake to spend money to have them repaired given the size (12A). Thats a really tough sell. O well, best of luck!

No hate taken. Yeah, when I picked them up I didn't notice the gash. It was only until I had them in front of my shoe repair guy that I noticed it. Then, he offered to do the entire job (including the AE's) for under $20, so I couldn't say no. Considering the great work he did, I'd say the value remains.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Stewie

Reaction score
Ok...so spent some $$ this week...one thing mainly. Cant decide if gonna keep since it's something I have wanted for since forever. Never seen one in the wild.

I drop pics later... BEWARE CRAPPY CELL PHONE PICS!

Hassy 500c w/80 and a 150. Extra viewfinder as well.

Shell Florshiem Imperials (my size :D )

Copco Paella pan, new

Moncler down jacket

Vibram five fingers (size 41) just a tad too big

D.

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote:
I did offer to buy the shirts even though too small, I felt bad as I knew you had bought them with me in mind.

So I know someone did this a while back, but I figured there was enough interest in the Brooks Brothers clearance center on here that I'd share a few pictures from my trip to Garland, NC. Plus, I have an interesting story to share that involves a more well known forum member, Brianpore.

Garland NC is maybe 1.5 hours southeast of Raleigh, really in the middle of pretty much nowhere. Note: very difficult to find a bathroom in town. BBCC folks don't let you use theirs, the gas station where we used to go (that BTW had great ice cream) sadly has shut down. A sympathetic story and a look at my kids made the Piggly Wiggly manager open up their locked (and pretty dirty!) bathroom to us. But, I digress.

Here's the approach to the store:

091.jpg

Main room is flanked by walls of ties on both sides:

092.jpg

Center of room has shirts by size. Pretty easy browsing here. Selection really varies; this time, not too great of a selection in the 15.5/33's for me, save some OCBDs and a couple of non-irons which will be coming to B&S soon.

093.jpg

Nice box of racks for $1 each

094.jpg

Big selection of nice simple sneakers for cheap

095.jpg

Then we move into the room with suits, pants, and ladies clothes and shoes

097.jpg

Here's a cordorory blazer in 36s that Brianpore passed on (more on that story later)

096.jpg

Pants (not much selection here unfortunately. LOTs of pleats and 346 stuff. Women's clothes behind.

098.jpg

100.jpg

Back into the front room and you'll find some scarves and related.....

103.jpg

Near the back of the front room you'll find their imperfects section.

105.jpg

What killed me is the store was packed with boxes like this below, but, I'm assuming, their racks were full and they just didn't have any place for it. Wonder what this box holds.......?

104.jpg

So now onto the story about Brianpore. I don't know Brian at all. But, I saw him comment in a thread about wanting 14.5/31 shirts, so I messaged and we got talking and I told him I would seek out things in his size ('cause I'm going here to buy for myself but also flip a few things). So via text we had perhaps the 1st ever (?) real time interactive thrifting thread personal shopper experience. As I found stuff in his size I sent texts......here's a sample......from when I found exactly what he was looking for!

111.png

Here's what's coming your way Brian:

106.jpg

107.jpg

Many ties and a few shirts coming to B&S next week from this trip.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
******* awesome suit!!! Can't wait to get it to my tailor. Also totally stocked about that slim 14.5x31 FC shirt...never even knew they made those!! Thanks again!

Really cool story, and couldn't have involved a nicer guy. Brianpore and I had a similar mid-thrifting PM exchange. On April 5th. So I'm the Shackleton to your Amundson.
So Brian has a corps of personal shoppers? How did he pull this off?

He's got a unique size. We did this when I found the Ted Baker's too only I was posting in here from my phone
I'm always here to offer payback when I find stuff in your size
cheers.gif

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tonight:

Got these beauts...

Also, fake check on these?

What's the best way to clean a small spot off a tie?

And valium, please keep posting. You're stuff really helps break up all the clothes-bought-for-ebay and it's really neat stuff I'd otherwise never have heard of :nodding:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads