• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Thats got to be a ****** feeling, telling a SA that you are raising the rent, and the subsequent shuttering its doors.

I know, right? They're already being charged $30,000/month in rent as it is! Now $40,000? The numbers just don't add up.

Didn't find a single thing there yesterday, either.
plain.gif

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found these Red Wings yesterday! Made in Red Wing, Minnesota, at least. Looking forward to replacing the toe-stop and giving them a skate. Guess I'll need a skate key as well..

The suede uppers are not as faded out as they appear in the pics. IRL it looks more like a snuff suede.

le.gentleman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
Found another Baekgaard oil cloth messenger/laptop bag today. This makes three I've found in the past year and 1/2. Must have been a popular model. This one looks to have been used once or twice at most, just like the other two I found.

DSC09829.jpg

I like the cloth and the retail prices on their website seem quite reasonable too - how is the workmanship?

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try it on. Does it feel like there's a little more room in the chest then you expect? Then it's for a women. Does if feel like it fits? Then it's for a man or a smaller chested women.

V neck sweaters are pretty unisex.

EBTX66

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
Found these Red Wings yesterday! Made in Red Wing, Minnesota, at least. Looking forward to replacing the toe-stop and giving them a skate. Guess I'll need a skate key as well..

The suede uppers are not as faded out as they appear in the pics. IRL it looks more like a snuff suede.

You need to get your significant other a pair, hang a disco ball in the garage, turn down the lights, and fire up Nazareth's "Love Hurts": 'cause its couple skatin' time. Oh, yeah, those are some great memories...

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She's pregnant, so we won't have the opportunity to do that for a little while
laugh.gif

I'll skate at the embarcadero early some morning and join the joggers and the bladers.

I hadn't thought of it, but it would make sense that these were rentals at some point. It would explain the removable leather 'shaving strop' that protects the toe, presumably from walls and other skates in a rink setting. These haven't been used much, though.

Thanks for putting Nazareth in my head. Now you're messing with a son-of-a-*****...

MKB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
She's pregnant, so we won't have the opportunity to do that for a little while
laugh.gif

Hey, love hurts...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EBTX66
You need to get your significant other a pair, hang a disco ball in the garage, turn down the lights, and fire up Night Rangers Sister Christian: 'cause its couple skatin' time. Oh, yeah, those are some great memories...

FTFY... cause Roller Girl would be proud.
lol8[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads