• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JKMWCL
Picked up my first Kiton sevenfold today....prefect shape and only $2.00!
bounce2.gif

Originally Posted by cpmac7
Pics or it didnt happen..! ^^^^

DAMN!!! great pick up, i am jealous
worship.gif

hyakku

Reaction score
Haven't been out in a bit (my Rovers been mad I've been seeing other women), but hoping to get some thrifting done soon after I cop midswester's and K4l's hats (if I ever get a damn message from you man
ffffuuuu.gif
), but I do have a specific request.

If anyone sees any leather briefcase / messenger bags (really only looking for briefcase style messenger bags if so) like the one I had (sorry, forgot the technical term. The ones that aren't just square but come out like an accordian) picked up a few weeks back in any type of brown (in fact multiple colors would be fine), or another black one please let me know, I'd love to proxy them. I can't rock a backpack for school in the heat, and I've also destroyed my favorite backpack pretty well after my last Joshua tree excursion so I'm down to the briefcase alone for school right now, and I'd like to get a rotation going so I don't mess them up.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mercuryman76
Picked these Aldens up and sold them right away on the B&S.

DSC00439.jpg

DSC00440.jpg

DSC00438.jpg

damn those are practically new,i have never found anything by Alden or EG,would it be tacky to ask how much you sold them for?

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
i went to my local marshalls today and found some interesting stuff:

tons or gitman bros and polo RL shirts

a canali tie, RLPL tie (had a pull/snag right at the front so i left it), tons of hickey freeman ties - all in the $20 - $50 range

shoes was a bust, best were some allen edmonds that looked fit for people in the old age home.

near the marshalls was daffys, shirts and pants too much to look at but the ties were awesome

trafalgar (good quality??), daks (i picked one up, it will be making an appearance in B&S soon), moschino (some really nice patterns), altea (worth $20??) and fabio ferretti , had a really nice feel to it but never heard of it, maybe someone can enlighten me. (just saw on ebay they sell for $10, no big deal in daffs then..)
all the ties were between $20 - $40

Mercuryman76

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
damn those are practically new,i have never found anything by Alden or EG,would it be tacky to ask how much you sold them for?

I sold them for $100 shipped. This is the first time I've ever come across a pair of Alden's or anything in remotely as nice a shape as these were at the GW. I saw them in the window when I was walking up and just figured I'd take a look since they looked new. Once I saw they were Alden's I swooped them up right away.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now for something completely different...!
IMG_20110405_201722.jpg
Yes, that's $5 US.
IMG_20110405_201852.jpg
I often walk the housewares aisles of Goodwill stores looking for shoe trees. I would have tossed the shoes but they cleaned up quite nicely. No idea what they are but they fit comfortably so I guess I can mow the lawn in them?
IMG_20110405_201809.jpg
Come to Papa!
IMG_20110405_202025.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads