• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I've just caught up reading frenchy's blog and holy ****!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like this one...

To add to the Sierra Designs stuff... I remember when they were in Oakland. I can remember visiting their store way back in the day.When I see the old stuff, it really reminds me of my mom's brothers, who both were into outdoors sorts of things and owned a lot of Sierra Designs stuff. The one I found today was just a light GoreTex shell from around 1982. Nothing too special.

If it's the same brand, I had an awesome Tilley hat once. Expensive, and I thought they only made hats. Label looks older though.

You see a ton of Tilley around here, Canadian brand so it's abundant. Quality outdoor gear but not very stylish IMO.

Thanks fellas. Their website was kind of hard to navigate on my phone. I think I have a handle on what I found. I'll post pics on Monday...

SCoNE

Reaction score
To add to the Sierra Designs stuff... I remember when they were in Oakland. I can remember visiting their store way back in the day.When I see the old stuff, it really reminds me of my mom's brothers, who both were into outdoors sorts of things and owned a lot of Sierra Designs stuff. The one I found today was just a light GoreTex shell from around 1982. Nothing too special.

Thanks fellas. Their website was kind of hard to navigate on my phone. I think I have a handle on what I found. I'll post pics on Monday...

"Stories and Testimonials:

"Elephant trainer Michael Hackenberger of the Bowmanville (Ontario) Zoo, had his Tilley Hat snatched from his head and eaten by an elephant. Three times. Michael later would find and pick up his Hat, wash it thoroughly, and wear it. He had declined to accept a new Tilley Hat in order that we may have his well-traveled Tilley for our museum. (We were secretly pleased!)" Alex Tilley, Ontario"

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What happens when your love of thrifting meets your love of golf in your subconscious? You dream you found Thom Browne golf shoes on clearance for $19.99. They were pretty awesome, BTW!

SCoNE

Reaction score
What happens when your love of thrifting meets your love of golf in your subconscious? You dream you found Thom Browne golf shoes on clearance for $19.99. They were pretty awesome, BTW!

Dreamed I found NOS Aldens buried in the attic last night...

Takai

Reaction score
Snagged a couple of interesting things yesterday. RT Carmel Shirt that fits perfect, a Book of Kells silk tie, and an Etro tie, but the best was NWOT Made in US Von Dutch seriously distressed jeans.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is ******* sick!!!!!!!!!!!! Available? Reminds me of a Moncler jacket I saw in Tokyo. 

Yeah, I never even knew about this. I've been searching for a Dehen shawl cardigan for the past year on there and this popped up on my tri-weekly search. We'll see how it looks on me and how well it fits when it gets here. If I decide to pass it on, you'll be the first to know. :)

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I never even knew about this. I've been searching for a Dehen shawl cardigan for the past year on there and this popped up on my tri-weekly search. We'll see how it looks on me and how well it fits when it gets here. If I decide to pass it on, you'll be the first to know. :)

E-thrifters out there need to look into ebay's RSS feed tools

Last edited:

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's been some recent talk of thrift mobiles:

There's a surprising amount of storage. I've gotten 1 suit, 2 blazers and 4 pairs of shoes to fit before.

Bought it off a friend of mine for a couple hundred bucks and runs like a champs. I really only use it to hit the close stores. It forces me to be picky (which I need)

Edit: Spoo, I'm coming for ya!

Last edited:

Yorker

Reaction score
Found this old guy yesterday. it felt like some crappy 60's tie, then saw the back. it was kinda beat so i didn't get it, could go back though, its at one of the little mom and pop places near me. figured it would be worth posting though.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Discount store (n/a)

Thrifted, NWT (n/a)

Another discount store find - a 30 ounce tank of a PRL shirt that I'm keeping for chilly days.

Last edited:

nootrals

Reaction score
Went to a thrift store I haven't been to in probably 1-2 years It was always kind of out of the way and you had to take a bus in a bad neighborhood to get there, but I moved about 10 months ago and it's now closer than I realized.

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to a thrift store I haven't been to in probably 1-2 years It was always kind of out of the way and you had to take a bus in a bad neighborhood to get there, but I moved about 10 months ago and it's now closer than I realized.

Found about 6 of these over the previous winter season. Some were older than others, and 1 was a true 3pc...twas sick.

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First day off in a long while. IM DYING
if you can post here, you can somehow summon a rescue team to pull you out from under all those clothes, before you are crushed from the immense weight.
tounge.gif

There's been some recent talk of thrift mobiles:

There's a surprising amount of storage. I've gotten 1 suit, 2 blazers and 4 pairs of shoes to fit before.

Bought it off a friend of mine for a couple hundred bucks and runs like a champs. I really only use it to hit the close stores. It forces me to be picky (which I need)

Edit: Spoo, I'm coming for ya!
Awesome!!!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52