• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear such sad news. I would definitely get a second opinion, though. I'd ask at least 3 different vets (small private practices, of course. Not the chain places). That's a huge bummer though. He's so cute. :(

He's been to the vet my girlfriend works at, plus an emergency vet. We'll know by the middle of the week if he has FIP, but the amount of fluid in his stomach right now that shouldn't be there and something else about his red blood cells (I don't remember exactly) doesn't leave many other options. He doesn't appear to be in any pain right now. He still purrs. I'll keep everyone updated.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

So, all of this stuff is available (even though some of it fits me) as well as everything on my eBay page (which I've never shared before because my listings are embarrassing compared to some of yours). I have some new stuff going up in about 20 minutes. A few of you may remember some of my posts from a month or so ago where I moved into a new city with my girlfriend with minimum wageish jobs (for now) and then we got a kitten. Well that kitten got sick last week, and after a cool $1000 this weekend at the vet with more to come, we found out we're most likely going to have to put him down in about a week. This is some of the most ******* bullshit I've ever heard. He's 16 weeks old. He probably won't be the only one at that shelter either. This cat was one of the best things to happen to our relationship in a long time. Anyway, I ******* hate to suggest something like this, but we're pretty low on dough right now, so if you see anything you like, and want to make me an offer on any of this stuff, that'd be really helpful right now. TheNeedMachine, clearly not buying those records anymore.
Just sent you 50 bucks. Get that cat well and thrift me something cool in the future. Keep us posted.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Definitely my best tie find to date. This thing is 64 inches long... NWT Jack Spade Anchor Belt Simon Spurr. Really love the collar on this one. Apolis at a plain old Goodwill was strange. Wallace & Barnes westernish work shirt Corn XXL I remembered that this label had made selvedge, but I didn't remember that they made super cheap Jack Threads selvedge. Oh well. Still pretty cool looking. Zara 38 Three big ass Canali's with a ton of pick stitching. First is a orphan at 56L EU and the second two are suits 60L EU. So, all of this stuff is available (even though some of it fits me) as well as everything on my eBay page (which I've never shared before because my listings are embarrassing compared to some of yours). I have some new stuff going up in about 20 minutes. A few of you may remember some of my posts from a month or so ago where I moved into a new city with my girlfriend with minimum wageish jobs (for now) and then we got a kitten. Well that kitten got sick last week, and after a cool $1000 this weekend at the vet with more to come, we found out we're most likely going to have to put him down in about a week. This is some of the most ******* bullshit I've ever heard. He's 16 weeks old. He probably won't be the only one at that shelter either. This cat was one of the best things to happen to our relationship in a long time. Anyway, I ******* hate to suggest something like this, but we're pretty low on dough right now, so if you see anything you like, and want to make me an offer on any of this stuff, that'd be really helpful right now. TheNeedMachine, clearly not buying those records anymore.
I thrifted a few Kitons for ~$1.50 a couple months ago and have been on the fence about keeping them, but now they're available: $50 donation to highvoltorb per tie
Info, from bottom to top, then left to right (Green) 3.75" 61” (keeper loose on one side and look closely for two small pulls on front towards bottom) - (Burgundy) 3.5" 64.5” - (Red) 3.5" 64” - (Blue) 3.5" 60.5" - (Red) 3.75" 60" - (Blue) 4" 61" - (Red) 4" 62.5" - (Green) 3.5" 62” And I picked this up without noticing the damage, because it won't be seen when worn. $25 donation.
2.5" 60.5” Shoot me a PM with which one(s) you want so I can hold it. Once he's confirmed your donation, send me your address and I'll take care of the shipping.

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm an animal lover and particularly fond of cats, so I'll follow Spoo's lead. I know how expensive vet bills can be. Look into Care Credit if you need it. Most vets accept it.

Tradvocate

Reaction score
post a paypal for the rest of us cat lovers. Damn Spoo see what you started? What a guy...

futuremyth

Reaction score
Did some bike thrifting on Friday. 37 miles across the city to hit one store, in a search for the pants to that orphaned Brioni jacket.

\

Hamm's cycling cap
Magic Bullet Skateboards "Dirt Freex" tee
Muttonhead baseball pants
Stans

Came up empty-handed on the suit pants, unfortunately, but I found some other pants:

NWT Cheap Mondays "Tight" desert jeans, 32x32

Stone Island cotton 5-pocket pants, 34

NWOT Naked & Famous Weird Guy green selvedge chinos, 32

Skeet tie

Canali tie

Interesting military-inspired wool jacket - anyone familiar with the Decoy brand? Didn't notice the missing button until I got it home, but I figure I'll take one of the branded buttons off the cuff and move it to the front, and replace the cuff button.

And a herringbone SC for me - I know I've seen this brand in the thread before but can't remember who makes it. Nothing special, but when it fits just right and the surgeon cuffs even hit the right length, I'll go for it.

HOLY CRAP THERE WAS A QUARTER IN THE POCKET.

Oh and that SWAGNUM PI shirt I have been wearing all day.

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy crap. My inbox is exploding right now. You guys are absolutely incredible. I am honestly speechless and my girlfriend can't believe it either. I have to go to bed now, but I promise I will get back to everyone tomorrow afternoon. And for anyone who has helped I WILL get you back when I can.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy crap. My inbox is exploding right now. You guys are absolutely incredible. I am honestly speechless and my girlfriend can't believe it either. I have to go to bed now, but I promise I will get back to everyone tomorrow afternoon. And for anyone who has helped I WILL get you back when I can.

WAIT WHAT'S YOUR PAYPAL

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm an animal lover and particularly fond of cats, so I'll follow Spoo's lead. I know how expensive vet bills can be. Look into Care Credit if you need it. Most vets accept it.
I am not particularly fond of cats, rather a dog lover, but this doesn't mean I don't despise the thought of pain to our family crawlers.
-
My portion has been sent directly to you, and I want to encourage you to do anything possible to keep this little guy part of your family. Keep us updated, good or bad, and we will all be here to support you along the way.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
****. You guys are awesome.

I can't do all that much since I'm in a similar position to you, but PM me your paypal. I have some money from a few ebay selling proceeds kicking around that are better served keeping your kitty healthy. I don't need more shoes anyway.

SEND IT!

Last edited:

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It is great to see the thrift community come together for this little kitten. Tonight I am proud to be a SF member.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first Barbour, thought it was Super Dave when I saw the picture, turned out it was Steve McQueen. This is a keeper, not available.

Bro, I'm getting mine in the mail soon! So stoked!
This is the first bespoke cifonelli I've seen on here, I think. Was hoping it fit a little younger, but alas, it has a pretty sturdy shoulder and is ventless. measures a 42 reg if anyones interested!

That is sooooooooooooooooooo sick!

Definitely my best tie find to date. This thing is 64 inches long...

NWT Jack Spade Anchor Belt

Simon Spurr. Really love the collar on this one.

Apolis at a plain old Goodwill was strange.

Wallace & Barnes westernish work shirt

Corn XXL

I remembered that this label had made selvedge, but I didn't remember that they made super cheap Jack Threads selvedge. Oh well. Still pretty cool looking.

Zara 38

Three big ass Canali's with a ton of pick stitching. First is a orphan at 56L EU and the second two are suits 60L EU.

So, all of this stuff is available (even though some of it fits me) as well as everything on my eBay page (which I've never shared before because my listings are embarrassing compared to some of yours). I have some new stuff going up in about 20 minutes. A few of you may remember some of my posts from a month or so ago where I moved into a new city with my girlfriend with minimum wageish jobs (for now) and then we got a kitten. Well that kitten got sick last week, and after a cool $1000 this weekend at the vet with more to come, we found out we're most likely going to have to put him down in about a week. This is some of the most ******* bullshit I've ever heard. He's 16 weeks old. He probably won't be the only one at that shelter either. This cat was one of the best things to happen to our relationship in a long time. Anyway, I ******* hate to suggest something like this, but we're pretty low on dough right now, so if you see anything you like, and want to make me an offer on any of this stuff, that'd be really helpful right now. TheNeedMachine, clearly not buying those records anymore.

cry.gif

Just sent you 50 bucks. Get that cat well and thrift me something cool in the future. Keep us posted.
fing02[1].gif

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My latest shell reclamation project. Pair of tired and neglected Aristocrafts.

About 3 coats of leather conditioner, inside as well, a solid half-hour to remove much of the polish build-up, and a shine. Much softer now and more flex.

After:

Before/after - other views

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78