• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, I have jetsons technology. I get up in the morning and the robots bathe me, brush my teeth, and dress me. It's super efficient.They even throw me out of bed!

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Bumped into S_allen_P at a shop yesterday. It's always nice to discuss finds/flip talk/strategy in person.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whats the deal with Henry Cotton's? grabbed a cool looking cotton sweater for pennies, made in Italy seems to be good quality. anyone know anything more about the brand? where its sold etc?

ReubenR

Reaction score
I mean, that's why I wear a tie, right? So if I don't button all the buttons of my shirt it doesn't even matter. I actually alternate which I button so I don't wear out the button holes prematurely!

Though, to be honest. I'm a little terrified that I'm going to have to take a piss really badly and struggle to get the buttons of jeans sometimes. I once was almost late for an interview because I couldn't button the button on my sleeve. I'm so inept sometimes...

Ever dealt with a button fly in a bar, late at night and three sheets to the wind? Not fun.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whats the deal with Henry Cotton's?  grabbed a cool looking cotton sweater for pennies, made in Italy seems to be good quality.  anyone know anything more about the brand? where its sold etc?

I have some of their linen stuff... relaxed shirts, comfy beach shorts. Mostly good stuff. I believe they are carried (or were carried) by Bloomingdales. I'm sure not worth retail but can be a good pickup for the price.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Button Fly jeans are easy, even when drunk. it requires the same skill that enables you to undo an attractive lady's bra with one hand, in the dark. (it's a jedi skill)
it's better than the chance of any zipper related problems.......nah mean?
Besides, you would only need to undo all the buttons if you intend to sit down to pee. - seriously,undo the top 2 and whip it out.
fing02[1].gif

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ lol... but srsly... give you a $100 if you can do your buttonflys one-handed! :happy:

Timmah

Reaction score
Button Fly jeans are easy, even when drunk. it requires the same skill that enables you to undo an attractive lady's bra with one hand, in the dark. (it's a jedi skill)
it's better than the chance of any zipper related problems.......nah mean?
I can only do one of those...

At least my fly isn't open when I go drinking though.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I once had a girl over and she was trying to take off my shirt. She was hella confused because she didn't realize that they were all snap buttons.

It was pretty hilarious.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nickels, you're going to be losing a lot of money if you plan on keeping your end of the deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads