• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New millennium cod piece is ******* awesome...where to kop in shell?

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No selvedge, no big e:( this isn't the xx I'm looking for is it

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New millennium cod piece is ******* awesome...where to kop in shell?
Ok, i'll play............. it looks more like a small bag to put your car keys in. so you don't sit on them, or scratch your phone/wallet.
not sure if it's a released product, So if you want one to match your shoes/tie/p.s/belt. check online.
smile.gif

No selvedge, no big e:( this isn't the xx I'm looking for is it
Sadly, looks like no dice. sorry bro.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was given the woman's (at least mine's) opinion on this a while ago; but like everything it is person specific... for my wife and many women, it is the thought that counts. It was not about the size of the diamond, but the cut and quality (showing that you care and that it was an important decision to you), a style fitting to hers (shows that you know her), and financially responsible (you didn't cheap out, but didn't spend outside your means).

As for your last statement, a friend of mine put it this way: it has to be more than your most expensive hobby (or toy) item. If you buy yourself a $2000 bicycle, but don't want to spend $1500 on a ring for her, you're doing it wrong.
Still, no young woman I've ever met wants to show her friends her ring, and then explain "he's still in school", "he's saving for retirement" or whatever.

While I agree the thought matters, and it matters a lot, to many women, the ring is indicative of how you value her.

I should also say: Great story Wes. Knowing how hard you worked for it is probably 95% of the value to her.

Not sure about the safety of giving a dishwasher as an anniversary gift though.

Last edited:

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First store hit:
John varvatos unlined unstructured lightweight sport coat in 56-46 us.
JEAN shop size 29, looks like it's been thru a ****** wash but still has some life in em
Brooks brothers 100% lambswool cableknit full zip sweater XL
Brooks brothers 100% 3ply cashmere Navy sweater XL

Going to be a good day

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he's saying you got more chance of dying in your car on the way to the Toronto airport than after you get on the plane.

I'm somewhere around 2.5M miles flown. I've had some incredibly rough flights. I've been in a jet that emergency landed with an engine on fire. I flew over the hulk of the delta jet that crashed at DFW back in the 80s. I flew into Beaumont TX in a 12 person plane about 20 minutes before they closed the airport for a tropical storm. I flew the first day the airports were open after 9/11 and was in the Ottawa airport the day the shoe bomber was caught.

Once you can accept that what happens to your airplane is absolutely beyond your control, then you quit worrying so much.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

he's saying you got more chance of dying in your car on the way to the Toronto airport than after you get on the plane. 

I'm somewhere around 2.5M miles flown. I've had some incredibly rough flights. I've been in a jet that emergency landed with an engine on fire. I flew over the hulk of the delta jet that crashed at DFW back in the 80s. I flew into Beaumont TX in a 12 person plane about 20 minutes before they closed the airport for a tropical storm.   I flew the first day the airports were open after 9/11 and was in the Ottawa airport the day the shoe bomber was caught. 

Once you can accept that what happens to your airplane is absolutely beyond your control, then you quit worrying so much. 

LOL you guys are hilarious. So many airplane references, I was just saying how it sucks to wait on the bus till I reach the next location.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
let me try again.

What must it be, then, to bear the manifold tortures of hell forever? Forever! For all eternity! Not for a year or an age but forever. Try to imagine the awful meaning of this. You have often seen the sand on the seashore. How fine are its tiny grains! And how many of those tiny grains go to make up the small handful which a child grasps in its play. Now imagine a mountain of that sand, a million miles high, reaching from the earth to the farthest heavens, and a million miles broad, extending to remotest space, and a million miles in thickness, and imagine such an enormous mass of countless particles of sand multiplied as often as there are leaves in the forest, drops of water in the mighty ocean, feathers on birds, scales on fish, hairs on animals, atoms in the vast expanse of air. And imagine that at the end of every million years a little bird came to that mountain and carried away in its beak a tiny grain of that sand. How many millions upon millions of centuries would pass before that bird had carried away even a square foot of that mountain, how many eons upon eons of ages before it had carried away all. Yet at the end of that immense stretch time not even one instant of eternity could be said to have ended. At the end of all those billions and trillions of years eternity would have scarcely begun. And if that mountain rose again after it had been carried all away again grain by grain, and if it so rose and sank as many times as there are stars in the sky, atoms in the air, drops of water in the sea, leaves on the trees, feathers upon birds, scales upon fish, hairs upon animals – at the end of all those innumerable risings and sinkings of that immeasurably vast mountain not even one single instant of eternity could be said to have ended; even then, at the end of such a period, after that eon of time, there mere thought of which makes our very brain reel dizzily, eternity would have scarcely begun.
Joyce?

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I have a few pairs of those 'button fly' pants, but I only do up the middle button.

Same goes for all of my button front shirts.
grab some of those velcro shirts Brianpore had a couple weeks ago. thats a timesaver.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh I have a few pairs of those 'button fly' pants, but I only do up the middle button.

Same goes for all of my button front shirts.

I mean, that's why I wear a tie, right? So if I don't button all the buttons of my shirt it doesn't even matter. I actually alternate which I button so I don't wear out the button holes prematurely!

Though, to be honest. I'm a little terrified that I'm going to have to take a piss really badly and struggle to get the buttons of jeans sometimes. I once was almost late for an interview because I couldn't button the button on my sleeve. I'm so inept sometimes...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads