• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thrifted today Costume Nationale Homme Size 9 for $9!
Wipe down disinfect inside with Dr Scholls spray cover in leather conditioner begin rehab with cream polish etc etc.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Three-peat
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
....this time not made in either US or Italy...go figure.

Polo PRL Wool Tweed Flannel Pants 34/30 FU Plaid Brown Beige Green Red Gray EUC

Last edited:

Shiny

Reaction score

Anyone tell me about Trussini? Only real grab today was a cashmere sport coat made from Loro Piana cashmere:

Made in Italy, European 56

The current Marshalls/TJ Maxx clearance sales seems to be dragging random items I never see to some locations. Grabbed some RLPL and RLBL pocket squares but left behind a PL 7 fold tie which was the single decent item at one of the worst Marshalls in the area and a few other PL, Moschino and Costume National ties and a Prada cashmere/silk sweater at another location.

I've recently become a big fan of Trussini. No flippability value but the one i've found fits me great and has some nice fabric. (PSA: anyone find a Trussini 42R (52eu) get at me and I'll take it off your hands :nodding: )

I passed on a loud pink or green RLPL solid tie for $39 today at a Marshalls. this was a clearanced price. Go back?

On the subject of Barbour imitators, I passed on a Martin/Osa waxed long coat a while back. I think the thrift wanted $20 or 25, which I thought was too much.

Last edited:

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a *****: going thorough your haul at home and finding that the sweet pinstriped Corneliani you found is actually an orphan with some near - but not quite - "matching" pants.
:fu:

jcb9

Reaction score
A few decent items today.

2x Gitman Bros shirts (16x36 - available)
Banana Republic cotton blazer - normally I don't even look at BR but this was clean and my size
Brooks Bros. Navy Blazer w/ Loro Piana wool (need to measure, may be available)
Brooks Bros. Chino SC (need to measure, may be available)
Bespoke navy suit w/ Holland & Sherry fabric, surgeon's cuffs, the works. Need to measure and hopefully in my size. If not - available.

Also, just flipped a pair of Florshiems on the bay for $100 in just 9 hours.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

rathebaindc

Reaction score
My best recent finds: All available

BB Donnegal Tweed 44R

Majer 100% Cashmere Blazer ~42R

Hackett 42R

Faconnable Tagged LT - Large Tall, ~44L Goat Suede elbow patches!

Zegna Orphan 40R

Massimo Bizzocchi 15.5

Neiman Marcus 100% Cashmere Sweater size Medium

And a Hickey Freeman Hand Tailored Jacket that I can't get a good picture of using a flash, will have to wait for natural sunlight

Last edited:

hucklecat

Reaction score
Found some decent stuff today. The odder things? BB Madras cloth pants...but for kid, sz 18

Cool 70's disco pants.....36" waist and I look great in them, bell bottoms and all

Doesn't match but another 70's item. Levi's denim look Panatela

Cool vintage Pendleton cap

Super duper steak knives. Olive wood hands, etc. Original label on rear of box was super faded at $625. Cuts through steak like it was soft butter and well balanced. Style is more than clothes to a man.

The best IMHO....a Benin Bronze Oba probably 100+ years old. Great patina and corrosion.

Happy thrifting!

GM-H

Reaction score

With it being Black Fleece, it's hard to tell whether it was made like that or whether someone lopped off the cuffs. :laugh:

Yeah it looks like someone cut off the cuffs... Still going to rock it!

almosthandsome

Reaction score
You live in Eugene OR ? I was only in town for a night.
ffffuuuu.gif

Grats on the good finds 46n2, it can be a grind in this area. Horse's_ass, now that I know we share the same town....
fight[1].gif

Seriously though, pretty cool.

Did kop a few goodies the last few days. Nothing available as of yet.

Brioni popped. Neither in great condition but oh well.

Zegna x 2

Very (I think) old Sulka. Hell, first Sulka ever.

Sexy Tyrwhitt. Versace.

Quick ****** pics before heading out for dinner. Zegna Wool/Cashmere:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I drove over to buffalo today... No time for thrifting, but I hit up O'Connell's and the outlets... Omg O'Connell's is amazing. It's like a trad's wet dream with 4 foot high piles of flannel pants, racks and racks of tweeds, huge racks of Barbour, tables piled with Marcoliani and Bresciani socks, huge boxes of Shetland sweaters, etc. Theres more good stuff in there than I've ever seen before. Amazing. Pics of some decidedly not cheap stuff I picked up tomorrow.

If anyone wants to get me a birthday gift next month they had an AMAZING Harris tweed Harrington jacket... :slayer:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best IMHO....a Benin Bronze Oba probably 100+ years old. Great patina and corrosion.

Happy thrifting!

O.M.G........!!!!!! How much did you get this for????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads