1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PointDexter2014

PointDexter2014 Senior member

Nice!!!

2. hawkinomics

hawkinomics Member

I'm an idiot and bought the quintessential fake prl cashmere sweater today. Where do I exchange it for a legit one?

Seriously though, do I trash it or wear it on laundry day? It seems nice enough aside from the counterfeit part.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  3. eazye

eazye Senior member

Ihad

I had a fake prl cashmere sweater from my early thrifting days, wore the hell out of it then re-donated it eventually. Also, thanks for all the positive comments dudes! I wish I had a shirt with less of a wimpy collar, but I don't.

4. PointDexter2014

Men's Burberry Sz 42R
    [​IMG]

Levi's Red Tab Made in Hong Kong

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hermes (3) Guccie
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zanella Sz 36
    [​IMG]

Not Shown None Grail Items. That's why no photo
    E. Zegna FC
    Eton Sweden (3)
    Corbin Prime Flannel
    PRL L/S Plaid
    Hickey Freeman Made in Italy
    Robert Talbot Carmel
    Faconnble L/S

5. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I'd keep it. I've got fake Burberry, fake PRL and fake Versace shirts that I wear to cut the lawn etc...plus an ink-stained Barbour and a paint-spattered Brioni (reals) that I also wear when doing manual labor.
    However, if you don't want it, I'd suggest the former - trashing it - instead of redonating it. Boo hiss on keeping it in circulation. Or make a cat bed out of it...if you have a cat.

6. eazye

eazye Senior member

Wh

When I picture you doing manual labor, it's in full mmm :) also in hindsight, I probably should have just trashed that sweater but I'm guessing most people wouldn't know the difference anyway.

7. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Catching up after a couple days. Been pretty hectic these past couple days and doing a TON of thrifting. Details to come.
    Incredible haul Hans! That Isaia is gorgeous! Score on that and the Hermes. Those Oxxfords are regular trousers, IMO. As far as I know, Oxxford trousers with an actual label on the waistband are actual trousers and not part of a suit.
    Nice find! Any Arctyrex outerwear is a crazy good find.
    Yup. DM7 picked up like 30 of these denim jackets a year or two ago.
    :slayer::slayer: A Leica M6?! That is incredible. Wow! My mind has been blown.
    Hope all is well, Wes. That dresser is pure :drool:
    Keep at it and keep checking other stores. You're doing it wrong if you're in Houston and only finding Haggar and Mossimo. A couple members who used to live in Houston were always be scoring big. Finding hauls that were on par with the LA guys.
    :nodding:
    Awesome finds. That jacket is early to mid 70's. Good stuff. Love Taylor Stitch shirts!
    Congrats on making my wife super jealous with those Louboutins! You have a PM. :) Also, killer finds on the Self Edge x Flat Head and the Pendleton x Opening Ceremony pieces!
    Ooooh wow. Wow! That denim jacket is pure :drool:. Such a cool piece with cool details. This is exactly what companies like Rising Sun, Mister Freedom and Heller's Cafe design their pieces after! I can see an easy $200+ on the bay if marketed right. That pullover is cool too. Definitely mid-late 60's. Love the lace-up collar.
    :slayer:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  8. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

does anyone have experience shrinking a leather jacket?

9. edwardthefirst

edwardthefirst Senior member

That's awesome! Truly a rare beast, at least in my experience.

10. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Hah! After my lawn boy got run over by an Army truck I'm back to doing my own yard work. Good clean fun, an easy 4 hours every Saturday and I totally need the exercise. Plus keeps me outta the thrifts during my self-imposed hiatus until late Oct.

11. hucklecat

hucklecat Senior member

I'm with ATLnoob. Keep it and wear with pleasure. I mow the yard in a Zegna t shirt that is real but before I realized it was $150 retail. I bought it before I knew labels and was purchased simply cause it looked cool. Got it for a few bucks, is comfy and still looks good. Why would you trash anything that you like and if it fits. No one on the street would know the difference anyhow.

12. hucklecat

hucklecat Senior member

Cool day for me as far as shirts. Not as brag worthy as previous posts but after a bad week this is good ebay fodder for 1/2 the shirts and the other half fit
    Brooks rugby, Brooks 346, RRL Flannel on top row.
    Tommy Bahamas on bottom

[​IMG]

Skeets x 3

[​IMG]

Reyn Spooners x 2
    [​IMG]

13. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

SE x TFH???? :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  14. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

15. PointDexter2014

What part of Texas do Live? I am in Irving.

16. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Denton. I was in Irving's GW earlier around 3-4ish. I usually drive all around the DFW area once or twice a month.

17. PointDexter2014

My house is in Denton County (Lantana/Argyle). I was in Irving around 1PM. Hit me up later I will share some of the locations I hit up.

18. wilay05

wilay05 Senior member

19. hbkshin

hbkshin Senior member

Still amazed I've found two within 6 months. Hell even 3 months I think. Hopefully my Houston trip will somehow produce another one.

20. jebarne

jebarne Senior member

I've got a question for you guys. I picked up 5 suits today. 3 burberry, 1 HF, recent, perfect, size 42 xl (I didn't know there was such a thing as xl).

The one I have a question about is this M2M HSM that I decided to pick up. its label says gold, not gold trumpeter or anything like that. The Pocket tag for the client is dated 10-12-2006.

Is this just a level they assign to their M2M lines?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.