• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latour

Reaction score
I remember my Mother using them to hang my father and my slacks from the bottom (upside down). It worked well and kept them from being wrinkled and having a crease across them.
People do all sorts of things lol

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Also, should I be running back to cop this for three Hamys?

YES PM INCOMING

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love that dreidel tie!

Found one of my coolest finds yet today -

An unused version of "Los Angeles Scene" from Groovy Games. Essentially Monopoly but with 70's LA references. Can't wait to play.

Bunch of other nice stuff, pics later.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just shipped off/donated/consigned my remaining inventory it feels so damn good to have absolutely no items!!! And at the place I donated they just straight up gave me a perfectly fitting cord blazer with patch pockets! I never find anything that fits me I was so excited! I will post a fit pick later after I swap out the buttons for some genuine horn but right now I am off to the tailor to alter a few awesome trades I have made shout out to barrel for the prl made in Italy linen navy blazer it will be perfect for a conference I have coming up in Sacramento ! Also shout out to the awesome Harvard guy who's username I can't remember for the Andover blazer and the shirt both fit really well I am going to lengthen the sleeves on the jacket a little though! This forum and specifically this thread is made up of an awesome network of guys so shout out to all of you

FTFY, bro!
biggrin.gif

Wonderful thread! Just today I picked up (all at the same goodwill) 3 NWT Charvat Ties, 2 kiton ties, 5 Zegna ties (2 NWT), 2 Paul smith ties, 2 brooks brothers NWT ties and a wonderful brooks brothers camel hair sport coat that seems to be brand new. And all for 32$! This happens on a regular basis. I have grown to really enjoy a good thrift store.

Pics or it didn't happen!
biggrin.gif
Good pick up though!

flatspotting

Reaction score
So DM7 AKA The Thrifting Mob Boss of LA, stopped by today and said there's a Uhaul coming
biggrin.gif
. I thought he was joking, and then he say's "Mr Greek My Best Friend You Have amazing hair
nod[1].gif
!!" So anyway we're chilling, My wife serves him some good Greek food my Grandmother made. And Then He says OMG It's Hear
eek.gif
!!! I love DM7, sorry for the crazy pics. I didn't know where to start or where to stop!!

There are no words. Oh My God. that haul... my god...

Soooooooooooooooooo

Want to be friends? There HAS to be a suit that even fits my difficult body in that mess, and some shirts hahhahah

46n2

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers made in Italy overcoat today. I think (tag is not present) its a 56 and it's cashmere/wool blend. available. H. Boss made in USA Loro Piana 100% cashmere SC 38R today too. available.

Last edited:

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

People do all sorts of things lol

the ones for mens pants are the straight bar notched out in the middle for the seem. They are meant to hand the pants upside down as mentioned. The ones for womens skirts are wider and have the clamps.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brooks Brothers made in Italy overcoat today. I think (tag is not present) its a 56 and it's cashmere/wool blend. available. H. Boss made in USA Loro Piana 100% cashmere SC 30R today too. available.
I see you were in my neck of the woods today.You shoulda waited until tomorrow to kop those, woulda been 50% off.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
spend $18 on a pair of... bruno magli's today
ffffuuuu.gif

yKYvgz4.jpg

ijbYFIn.jpg

SUms5EU.jpg

pretty sweet though IMO. looks like some guy bought them in 1992, wore them two or three times, and then stuck htem in the closet
drool.gif
WOW - Been looking for a pair just like that. Bummed then are too big.

Recent finds, not avail. Speaking of Mr Sids, I grabbed a box of ties once that had about 15 of them, let me know if you want pics.
Prob not the best idea to use an open pen..........

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks guys for all the birthday wishes!

Wanted to share my favorite gift I received today. My grandmother had this in her attic. It belonged to my great, great, great grandfather.

Seriously nice present. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads