• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats not the answer, thats not how luxury works. Luxury is placing an item that most people cant afford in a position where 99% of the population wants it, and 1% can afford it. LP may or may not license out their best material. Zegna may or may not make Tom Ford suits better than their own. Vicuna may or may not feel nicer than LP cashmere. But none of that is the point. The point is exclusivity and you have to pay to play. Can your green amex charge a diamond ring at Tiffanys? Sure. Can your titanium/black amex as well? Sure. Which one gets you more "credit"? Can you valet a Hyundai at French Laundry? Yup. Can you valet a Rolls? Sure.

its not about functionality - its about branding and status. And thats why we all jockey to find the labels that exemplify such, not because its a fantastically well made garment. Its because that brand has done such a good job at marketing that the world pays up the price of admission to be a member of the club.

@PLaydice help me out because I know you're on this.
To me, what you describe is a type of “magik” and one of the reasons I’m fascinated by brands like “Louis Vuitton” and “Chanel”. Long ago, when status wasn’t easy to imply without opulent material wealth, Vuitton figured something out. He built a reputation around his name and then captured it into a image that communicated this idea. His monogram. It’s all in your head, the power of the logos too communicate a feeling and the rest is just details. Take all the dreams away and clothing is boring and plain adornment. The rich wore tasteful tailored clothes for years and looked elegant, the underclass couldn’t adopt this look, the true strength of upscale brands that catered to the elite was they realized their “pull” is greater on people with aspirations. CARTIER was jewelry for royalty and the brand was meaningless to someone with little means. All the branding is a trick, for them to entice you into believing your attaining some sort of cachet by owning them. That’s one of the reasons I gravitate towards the stuff, the fact it has such a power of perception is a trip to me. I’m not trying to own status symbols and pose as faux nobility. I enjoy what kind of reactions it creates in people, because I think it’s really silly luggage and T-shirt logos do what they do. It’s magic, if I print Gucci on a sweater, it’s for sure going to sell for more than blank. Making a stupid image and story than attaching that dream to a material object tangentially related pays. It’s the most profitable thing to ever do, think “coca cola” It’s a MOTHERFUCKING DRINK! Those guys literally damned off water from people in South America and sell it back to them. They got to that level with a ******* logo. Shasta makes cola too....

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I play the "Hey @Fueco, what'd I just buy?" game too?

I think it's an Epsilon Jacket but every other one I've been able to find has a small zip pocket on the arm. It's lightweight and fleece-lined.
arc.jpeg
arc2.jpeg
arc3.jpeg
arc4.jpeg

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
09289960-C349-4269-BD85-70E71C96F8F0.jpeg
The evil crystals most afflicted lurk in a encampment out in the desert. The mysterious lord methromancer exerts a large pull in this area. Hearing the methromancer’s taunts in my head I set off towards “slab city” hoping I could gleam some knowledge of holy relics. Problem is, the inhabitants are far more erratic and afflicted by the evil crystal, the loss of humanity leaves them in a golem from lord of the rings type state and they speak in riddles and lies. My journey yielded some items, but I will have to return.
3A54A276-5714-4F9D-98F1-C7BAECC1135C.jpeg
1D342496-AC28-4DD0-A03E-BE6D0B373000.jpeg
2DB98159-1580-4A44-92FD-2F2E37E39CB7.jpeg

The “unsafe” thing inspires me. I don’t look at things in a straight line, just because of mercantilism I’m getting some safer more established avenues to do my thing. Penthouses, boutiques and high street. But I’m going to do a bunch of unsafe stuff too. Dirty, unaccessible and unsafe. But, affording me the freedom I want and some creativity in expression. Basically I find beauty in this ****.
Windows bashed, blocks full of feral cats and psycho tweakers got straight up treasure in them. I’m forming something that can make it in both worlds and flow.
3D65859F-9E7A-4E93-BC5B-163B366B1F20.jpeg
4236B305-D1E2-4631-9178-F6E10677A880.jpeg

I posted this and Jcole put it on a few hours later.
B5F00B91-8993-4D72-8BB2-72F8E4E2E7AC.jpeg

Hanging with Brandon Turner at my artist homies house.
0B529148-12F0-40CD-8D4D-9140EC5FD95D.jpeg
0C013277-1637-4DA1-97E4-433C72BF7AED.jpeg
43E24FCD-D5F6-413D-B4E9-2C979B3F6673.jpeg
369D94CB-B4C5-4D29-AC35-67179013549A.jpeg
57003DF4-2AA6-4F78-8912-711BC6E9CE07.jpeg

I got a lot of Gucci coming in. Former employee. But you guys want some real game? Look at the little flipper kids in your area just in case they get luxury. I will provide a example, locally a lil IG dude who buys hype had a Loro Piana sweater. I’ll photo it later. He was interested in magical logos to impress people. If the thing wasn’t big I’d keep it.

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time you post I hear Steppenwolf's Magic carpet ride...I'm humming it the rest of the day
Edit: and thats a good thang , lol

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1105048 The evil crystals most afflicted lurk in a encampment out in the desert. The mysterious lord methromancer exerts a large pull in this area. Hearing the methromancer’s taunts in my head I set off towards “slab city” hoping I could gleam some knowledge of holy relics. Problem is, the inhabitants are far more erratic and afflicted by the evil crystal, the loss of humanity leaves them in a golem from lord of the rings type state and they speak in riddles and lies. My journey yielded some items, but I will have to return. View attachment 1105047 View attachment 1105046 View attachment 1105045
The “unsafe” thing inspires me. I don’t look at things in a straight line, just because of mercantilism I’m getting some safer more established avenues to do my thing. Penthouses, boutiques and high street. But I’m going to do a bunch of unsafe stuff too. Dirty, unaccessible and unsafe. But, affording me the freedom I want and some creativity in expression. Basically I find beauty in this ****.
Windows bashed, blocks full of feral cats and psycho tweakers got straight up treasure in them. I’m forming something that can make it in both worlds and flow.
View attachment 1105037 View attachment 1105038
I posted this and Jcole put it on a few hours later.
View attachment 1105039
Hanging with Brandon Turner at my artist homies house.
View attachment 1105042 View attachment 1105043 View attachment 1105044 View attachment 1105041 View attachment 1105040
I got a lot of Gucci coming in. Former employee. But you guys want some real game? Look at the little flipper kids in your area just in case they get luxury. I will provide a example, locally a lil IG dude who buys hype had a Loro Piana sweater. I’ll photo it later. He was interested in magical logos to impress people. If the thing wasn’t big I’d keep it.
Brandon Turner was one of my favorite skaters back in the day, I kinda remember reading an article about how he broke his leg accidently falling off an overpass or something like that. Shortys man was a great team

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dropped by the bins today. I've never seen it so mobbed. New bin would roll out, and I **** you not, 40 people ran to the fresh meat in a frenzy.

I turned around and walked out the door.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you’ve never intentionally broken a skateboard or thrown it as far as you can out of anger, then you’re doing it wrong.

as a tennis player I can concur

As a pediatrician, I concur.
(I’m not a pediatrician, but otherwise the joke wouldn’t work)

popman1967

Reaction score
And another guitar ,man at some point I gotta start playing.
Page used to play one of these .
1965 EKO J54 for 49.99
View attachment 1105123 View attachment 1105124
I've been looking for a decent acoustic guitar around here but VV and SA are completely out to lunch with their prices you can always find better deals on Craigslist....looks like that one is for sure worth $50 bucks...Googling around they seem to be fetching $300 easily.

Last edited:

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you’ve never intentionally broken a skateboard or thrown it as far as you can out of anger, then you’re doing it wrong.
I knew people who used that anger to hype them up. Sometimes it’s scary, the anger helps with the fear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads