• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sandfourman

Reaction score
Was in MKE in Sunday visiting my sister. Never really find stuff there but a broken clock is right twice a day. Or something like that lol. Some 107, never seen a pair in the wild. Cost was 1 dollar.
IMG20230702140125.jpg
IMG20230702140133.jpg

And a 45 r had spot on the sleeve might wear it or give it to buddy

IMG20230702143434.jpg

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's some good looking Blues vinyl and Beatles lot. Was this a single collection? I always find it very interesting to see what someone collected and listened to 40+ yrs ago.
Part of the guy’s collection. I talked to the kid whose parents lived there and they said they grabbed about 15 boxes of albums and he has them in his garage. He said after 15 boxes, they said screw it and threw the rest in the dumpster. I expressed interest in buying what he had brought back to his garage, so we will see if that pans out. Going by what got thrown, I can only imagine what else this guy has/had. He said his dad graduated in 1969 and was big into music. He was in a garage band for a short period of time in high school. He never stopped playing though and I guess had a pretty stellar guitar collection. He went to a ton of concerts and taped them. I ended up with those as well (photos to come in the next round). His dad passed 12 years ago and unfortunately most of his clothing got thrown. Tons of concert shirts. 😖 The stuff I found was just residual stuff that managed to evade the purge.

you found ANOTHER butcher cover? HOLY JEBUS!
I know, right?! I said the same thing as I was flipping through and pulled this one out. It was like Christmas morning, as I didn’t really look to see what I was grabbing. I opened one box and saw some classic rock stuff so just pulled every box of records out.
that johnny winter album has some of the tastiest riffs i've ever heard. i have second winter and, of course, = still alive and well is so F'ing BAD ASS, still blows my mind!

nobody can crunch a hooky blues rock riff like John Dawson Winter III!
I’m thrilled about Johnny Winter’s first album. Second Winter has been evading me (at least in decent condition anyway), but I’ll stumble into it one of these days. I’ve had it in the past, but that was long before I go into the blues and blues-rock.
Was in MKE in Sunday visiting my sister. Never really find stuff there but a broken clock is right twice a day. Or something like that lol. Some 107, never seen a pair in the wild. Cost was 1 dollar.
View attachment 1984993 View attachment 1984995
And a 45 r had spot on the sleeve might wear it or give it to buddy

View attachment 1984997
Nice score! Those are early 107s too!

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0297.jpeg
IMG_0298.jpeg
IMG_0295.jpeg
IMG_0296.jpeg
IMG_0293.jpeg
IMG_0294.jpeg
IMG_0291.jpeg
IMG_0292.jpeg

Another pair of these. This is the third pair in as many weeks
IMG_0290.jpeg
IMG_0289.jpeg
brooks brothers
IMG_0287.jpeg
for personal
IMG_0288.jpeg

Also for personal, was going to sell them because they’re pretty sought after, but they’ve grown on me. Made in England NB x Harris tweed
IMG_0285.jpeg
IMG_0286.jpeg

Reunited this guy too. $10 out the door and in my size. 🥰🥰🥰
IMG_0227.jpeg
IMG_0228.jpeg

Sartoriamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May the 4th be with you, gang!

Been a bit. Thread is for sure on fire. I haven't posted in a while, as I've been balls to the wall these past 90 days finishing up my third thrifted flipper house. Wrapped it up for the most part yesterday (cleaners were finally in) and it goes on the market tomorrow. I'll post deets another time.

Haven't stopped thrifting, though, just no time to do anything with it, so today's the day I enter the salt mine, aka my thrifting/eBay room. :eek: My apologies to the OCD folks amongst you. This is what an ADD room looks like.

IMG_3146.JPG
IMG_3147.JPG

It will be interesting to see what I dig up. I will for sure have posted a few odds and ends prior on the day they were kopped, but it's been so long since I threw the dozens of bags in here that I'm sure something interesting will show up for your amusement. Her ladyship says we need it as an extra guest bedroom, so, er, it's gonna take a while. Into the breach!

sandfourman

Reaction score
Part of the guy’s collection. I talked to the kid whose parents lived there and they said they grabbed about 15 boxes of albums and he has them in his garage. He said after 15 boxes, they said screw it and threw the rest in the dumpster. I expressed interest in buying what he had brought back to his garage, so we will see if that pans out. Going by what got thrown, I can only imagine what else this guy has/had. He said his dad graduated in 1969 and was big into music. He was in a garage band for a short period of time in high school. He never stopped playing though and I guess had a pretty stellar guitar collection. He went to a ton of concerts and taped them. I ended up with those as well (photos to come in the next round). His dad passed 12 years ago and unfortunately most of his clothing got thrown. Tons of concert shirts. 😖 The stuff I found was just residual stuff that managed to evade the purge.

I know, right?! I said the same thing as I was flipping through and pulled this one out. It was like Christmas morning, as I didn’t really look to see what I was grabbing. I opened one box and saw some classic rock stuff so just pulled every box of records out.

I’m thrilled about Johnny Winter’s first album. Second Winter has been evading me (at least in decent condition anyway), but I’ll stumble into it one of these days. I’ve had it in the past, but that was long before I go into the blues and blues-rock.

Nice score! Those are early 107s too!
I assume the early ones are a little more valuable. Tried em on not my thing so they going to the bay

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More wayward art yesterday. I have no idea where to place this, and I tried hard to leave it behind.

Something about the organic form that kept this piece of sheet pottery in my cart. And the fantastic glaze.

Guess I will figure out what to do with it later.

PXL_20230704_191002178.jpg
PXL_20230704_190912541.jpg
PXL_20230704_190902505.jpg
PXL_20230704_191948696.jpg
PXL_20230704_190846977.jpg
PXL_20230704_190938267.MP.jpg
PXL_20230704_190933241.jpg

Copped a like new set of silver plated flatware, service for 12 + serving pieces. Normally would avoid but the pattern (Queen Bess) was subdued, modern-ish, perfectly balanced and it's like new, could be a good flip.
PXL_20230703_231219935.jpg

Supima cotton BB OCBD was priced super high for this SA. it looks new, timely for the season, and a slim fit M (my size!).
PXL_20230704_192544735.jpg

A legit new Bali made Sari Rahayu shirt. Next best thing to an old Hawaiian?
PXL_20230704_192641246.jpg

All in all not too shabby considering I was (ostensibly) there to drop a bunch of stuff off!

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One stop yesterday. Store was like 70% picked clean. Must have missed a big sale or something.

A pair of USA made New Balance 1400JGY trainers for my wife. should clean up nicely. tread looks nearly new.

And what I'm pretty sure is an unworn Zegna shirt. linen, straight hem, big honkin mother of pearl buttons. still had the plastic collar stay around the button. My size.

20230704_123900.jpg
20230704_123825.jpg

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift fit in bawwwston.
IMG_7993.jpeg

The fun thing is that my backpack is Emerica. Mixing skate grom with “lux” today.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume the early ones are a little more valuable. Tried em on not my thing so they going to the bay

They’re super on-trend right now, so it doesn’t really matter like it used to. Both early and later models are all pretty consistent in price right now, which is nice because the later ones (pre 80’s when they switched to a cotton/poly blend) are a bit easier to come by.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy