• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Hey gang, happy to be back after a few weeks working 13-hour days. Y'all are rocking it! I had to make an out'n'back trip to CA, and was able to drop into some of my favorite haunts in the OC/SD area. Not bad for a few stops with only a morning to spare.

OK, first up, Talbott pincord blazer, new; impeccable Corny blazer, RLBL DB GP suit.
thrift brag - 2.jpg

Faconnable blazer, vintage Woolrich vest, J&M leather jacket with fur collar (I don't normally kop J&M but it's nice enough I might keep it), Remy leather Harrington $6.99.
thrift brag - 3.jpg

One of the things I have love about thrifting is that it really trains our eyes to spot quality, even if we don't know a brand. The jacket on the left was beautifully made, even though I didn't recognize the tag or logo, but sho'nuff, turned out to be one of those pickpocket-proof jackets from Clothing Arts: the "Cubed", retail $425. Brand spanking new, too. For $10.99 minus old-fart discount? Sure. The one on the right is an NWT Paul & Shark with electromagnetic protection.

thrift brag - 5.jpg

thrift brag - 6.jpg

thrift brag - 7.jpg
Canali duo: tuxedo suit and navy 3-piece.
thrift brag - 8.jpg

Loro lightweight Storm System with detachable sleeves. I have this same jacket in navy, in my size, and it's one of my go-tos. Fantastic jacket.
thrift brag - 9.jpg

Clockwise from bottom left: Ricci short sleeved contrast, Borrelli linen, LuLu, Polo striped linen, Biryani.
thrift brag - 10.jpg

No V-cleat left behind. Not for $7.99 anyway. 93602 Kenmoor in black.
thrift brag - 11.jpg

Super-nice Gucci Chelsea boots in navy. They will clean up nicely, but at a US 7.5, subject to the little-feet lowballers.
thrift brag - 12.jpg

Hmmmm . . . what are these antiqued nubuck wingtips with cushioned inserts? 1901s? Dexter? Usual boring stuff?
thrift brag - 13.jpg

Nah . . .
thrift brag - 14.jpg

Coach bag in the bag.
thrift brag - 15.jpg

Here kitty kitty, plus new women's Lodis wallet, Mont Blanc Meisterstuck new in the box ($20 from a yard sale in Corona Del Mar), and a rare find: an Etro PS.
thrift brag - 17.jpg

A handful of ties: Drakes is pure wool, and ya gotta love that RT 7F with the $245 price tag still on.
thrift brag - 18.jpg

PRL buttonfront chinos, Filsons, Issey Miyake, and some Ray-Ban 3237s for four bucks.
thrift brag - 21.jpg

Non-clothing post to follow. Rock on, gang!

Last edited:

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
A few non-clothing posts:

First up, Sonos Play:3. For $19.99? Sure. I have Sonos all through the house (all from thrift/estates), and never miss a chance to add to the system. Below it, Bose Wave CD for another $19. That will go on the 'Bay. Below, that a new Keurig Platinum from an estate. $12.
thrift brag - 19.jpg

Another example of recognizing quality without knowing the brand. Grabbed this for $6.99 from Goodwill. Turned out to be a carbon-fiber tripod that retails for close to $300.
thrift brag - 20.jpg

And this one, from a live auction for $35. A Bose DXA 2120 mixer amp. $1500 or so new, and appears to work perfectly . . . It's gotta weigh 30-40lb.
thrift brag - 22.jpg

thrift brag - 23.jpg

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah, son. I'm still reppin the same set I always have.

Thrift turf is like that Biggie line in "Victory"

In the Commission, you ask for permission to hit 'em
Well said, reason i asked Was my wife saw two of the same exact pair at a thrift down here and they were way the **** marked up

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads