• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Long time no post! Still trying to get caught back up to "normal" life after moving - still unpacking and living in renovations. Im still out in the field, but no time for posts like the old ones just quite yet. But I have a cool story.

A few weeks ago, I was scanning local tags on instagram and found that the estate of Oleg Cassini was doing an auction for his belongings though the venerable auction house of Doyle. As it turns out, his Oyster Bay Cove estate Moorelands was literally a 3 minute drive from my house. Most of us see Oleg Cassini daily at the racks and (rightfully) leave it. But we forget that he was the originator of the "Jackie O" style and besides creating all the First Lady's looks, was a notorious playboy and bon vivant of the golden age of fashion. Sadly he licensed the **** out of himself and sold out to cash over a reputation. But I digress.

My wife said we should go to the auction preview, because how many times do you get to go to a historic designers house? So we went, and I only with expectations on seeing some awesome decadent **** (which I did). But what I did not except was a "thrift" opportunity. As we crawled through the house looking at some pretty awesome stuff ($210,000 suit of armor from the 16th century, sure!) I entered a room that made me say literally out loud "OH ****". His personal closet. I chatted up the Doyle concierge and the pieces there were all his from both the Oyster Bay Cove estate and his Manhattan town house. I requested a catalog, took my notes and told my wife this was both an expensive yet profitable weekend jaunt.

Two days later, the auction was held at Doyle in the city and I won all but one (**** you mister) lot of his clothing. Everything you see in the pics, I now own minus 6 jackets. 89 pieces of both bespoke and ready to wear, outerwear, shoes and sport coats. PPU was $44 - including the auction premium! :slayer: which on at least 80% of it is a no brainer. Did not take pics of the rest yet but there are Kiton cashmere jackets, Zegna jackets, a few Ferragamo reversible leather/suede blousons. Sulka and Bally shearlings and some vintage military pieces, surely used for inspiration on collections. Nice surprises were matching gloves in the pockets of the coats (peccary, Nappa, deerskin) that seemingly Doyle missed.

But below are a few of the greatest hits, 99% going to the archives and not for sale regardless of value.

- JM Weston bespoke alligator belly single monks
- Anonymous crocodile cowboy boots
- Several E. Vogel signed for Oleg Cassini riding boots with lasted trees
- 1970s Florsheim spectators
- Unsigned deerskin fringed coat pictured as on Oleg Cassini

...and the piece de resistance - and I only discovered this after getting the lot back and fine tooth combing it - an East West Musical Instruments super heavy leather coat, lined in sheared mink and signed "Oleg Cassini, 135 E. 19th St". If you know EWMI, the leathers alone go for a grand or so. Ive never seen an example lined in fur, and with the "celebrity" provenance, I have no idea what it would go for, but its absolutely not being sold, it smells awesome and its probably dating to about 1969-1971. Prime time stuff! Check out Olegs city house here. Ive put a few pics of the Jackie O letters I unfortunately got outbid on for posterity but come on, quotes like "Jack ADORES his ties" .... of course Jack is JFK. Was so much fun to see in person and Im so glad I have and can share some pieces of a fashion legend.

Sorry for long post but going for quality over quantity here lol
Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.24.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.25.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.25.27 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.25.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.26.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.26.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.26.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.26.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.29.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.29.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.29.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.29.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.29.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.30.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 10.30.31 PM.png

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the east west trucker is insane. funny since they're really known for the nutso pieced jackets but that is really as nice a trucker as has ever been made. very sweet.

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Long time no post! Still trying to get caught back up to "normal" life after moving - still unpacking and living in renovations. Im still out in the field, but no time for posts like the old ones just quite yet. But I have a cool story.

A few weeks ago, I was scanning local tags on instagram and found that the estate of Oleg Cassini was doing an auction for his belongings though the venerable auction house of Doyle. As it turns out, his Oyster Bay Cove estate Moorelands was literally a 3 minute drive from my house. Most of us see Oleg Cassini daily at the racks and (rightfully) leave it. But we forget that he was the originator of the "Jackie O" style and besides creating all the First Lady's looks, was a notorious playboy and bon vivant of the golden age of fashion. Sadly he licensed the **** out of himself and sold out to cash over a reputation. But I digress.

My wife said we should go to the auction preview, because how many times do you get to go to a historic designers house? So we went, and I only with expectations on seeing some awesome decadent **** (which I did). But what I did not except was a "thrift" opportunity. As we crawled through the house looking at some pretty awesome stuff ($210,000 suit of armor from the 16th century, sure!) I entered a room that made me say literally out loud "OH ****". His personal closet. I chatted up the Doyle concierge and the pieces there were all his from both the Oyster Bay Cove estate and his Manhattan town house. I requested a catalog, took my notes and told my wife this was both an expensive yet profitable weekend jaunt.

Two days later, the auction was held at Doyle in the city and I won all but one (**** you mister) lot of his clothing. Everything you see in the pics, I now own minus 6 jackets. 89 pieces of both bespoke and ready to wear, outerwear, shoes and sport coats. PPU was $44 - including the auction premium! :slayer: which on at least 80% of it is a no brainer. Did not take pics of the rest yet but there are Kiton cashmere jackets, Zegna jackets, a few Ferragamo reversible leather/suede blousons. Sulka and Bally shearlings and some vintage military pieces, surely used for inspiration on collections. Nice surprises were matching gloves in the pockets of the coats (peccary, Nappa, deerskin) that seemingly Doyle missed.

But below are a few of the greatest hits, 99% going to the archives and not for sale regardless of value.

- JM Weston bespoke alligator belly single monks
- Anonymous crocodile cowboy boots
- Several E. Vogel signed for Oleg Cassini riding boots with lasted trees
- 1970s Florsheim spectators
- Unsigned deerskin fringed coat pictured as on Oleg Cassini

...and the piece de resistance - and I only discovered this after getting the lot back and fine tooth combing it - an East West Musical Instruments super heavy leather coat, lined in sheared mink and signed "Oleg Cassini, 135 E. 19th St". If you know EWMI, the leathers alone go for a grand or so. Ive never seen an example lined in fur, and with the "celebrity" provenance, I have no idea what it would go for, but its absolutely not being sold, it smells awesome and its probably dating to about 1969-1971. Prime time stuff! Check out Olegs city house here. Ive put a few pics of the Jackie O letters I unfortunately got outbid on for posterity but come on, quotes like "Jack ADORES his ties" .... of course Jack is JFK. Was so much fun to see in person and Im so glad I have and can share some pieces of a fashion legend.

Sorry for long post but going for quality over quantity here lol
View attachment 1202691 View attachment 1202692 View attachment 1202693 View attachment 1202694 View attachment 1202695 View attachment 1202696 View attachment 1202697 View attachment 1202698 View attachment 1202699 View attachment 1202700 View attachment 1202701 View attachment 1202702 View attachment 1202703 View attachment 1202704 View attachment 1202705

Get this post to the cheapies

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick visit to the city and I managed to hand over carer duties to my son and get out for a quick couple of op shops. I found this. Looks like a formal jacket with leather collar trim instead of grosgrain satin.
am.jpg

amlapel.jpg

amlabel.jpg

Also had a pop on some Taylor Stitch jeans in White Oak cone denim. No pictures sadly, because my son claimed them immediately.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@SpooPoker very, very cool. So many killer pieces. I bet that house was incredible to walk though.

it was so awesome. The whole thing wasn't open to the public but enough of it was. True story, as Im taking notes on the lots, Hamish Bowles from Vogue walks up, eyeballs me, and starts looking at the pieces. I hide my notes and we play cat and mouse for the rest of the time in the room. Eventually he bought most of the womens pieces thankfully.

the east west trucker is insane. funny since they're really known for the nutso pieced jackets but that is really as nice a trucker as has ever been made. very sweet.

Im so pissed it does not fit me. Its like a 38.

Get this post to the cheapies

I would appreciate that!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Any advice I need a new car....reliable or Money pit? Price is decent for the low Kms.
View attachment 1202508
Money pit. probably best to avoid. that car looks rough. and the kilometers are too high for the money.
remember, they are buying from the auctions in my back yard. and selling them in your back yard.

I have just been scrolling through their inventory. at first glance? erm . . (okay, i'll be nice.)

This is the best they have.

Here me out,
i have never seen that particular trim package/engine combo. Base trim, Top engine? But, here is the meat. . It's a Twin Turbo Legacy with 44,000 kilometers on it. now that is what you need to see.
-a set of wheels? outside looks way nicer.
-and you can get the whole up spec GTB interior for like $300.
example: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/387855637

a 2001 GTB E-Tune2 would be cherry at that price and kilometers. but it wouldn't be that cheap. That is a solid, clean, winter warrior. comfortable, reliable. and with a little sauce? a damn nice looking car.
actually, the most modified car in Japan. with the biggest aftermarket.
so for a Thrift wagon? can't go wrong. drive it.

2nd place goes to. .

But if i were you? get there In person and get under the car. that rust on the brakes and wheel nuts looks severe for the car as a whole. it could have been parked in snow. if all it needs is some care and new wheel nuts? good to go.

trust me. look at the Legacy. and pm me all the questions you want.

wait. . . is that a Stagea in the background?

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Money pit. probably best to avoid. that car looks rough. and the kilometers are too high for the money.
remember, they are buying from the auctions in my back yard. and selling them in your back yard.

I have just been scrolling through their inventory. at first glance? erm . . (okay, i'll be nice.)

This is the best they have.

Here me out,
i have never seen that particular trim package/engine combo. Base trim, Top engine? But, here is the meat. . It's a Twin Turbo Legacy with 44,000 kilometers on it. now that is what you need to see.
-a set of wheels? outside looks way nicer.
-and you can get the whole up spec GTB interior for like $300.
example: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/387855637

a 2001 GTB E-Tune2 would be cherry at that price and kilometers. but it wouldn't be that cheap. That is a solid, clean, winter warrior. comfortable, reliable. and with a little sauce? a damn nice looking car.
actually, the most modified car in Japan. with the biggest aftermarket.
so for a Thrift wagon? can't go wrong. drive it.

2nd place goes to. .

But if i were you? get there In person and get under the car. that rust on the brakes and wheel nuts looks severe for the car as a whole. it could have been parked in snow. if all it needs is some care and new wheel nuts? good to go.

trust me. look at the Legacy. and pm me all the questions you want.

wait. . . is that a Stagea in the background?
Stagea is sweet!

Subaru and reliable go hand in hand like apple pie and exorcisms.

Sneeze in an STi and you'd get piston slap. If your phone autocorrects to "duck", the engine thinks you said "knock"

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stagea is sweet!

Subaru and reliable go hand in hand like apple pie and exorcisms.

Sneeze in an STi and you'd get piston slap. If your phone autocorrects to "duck", the engine thinks you said "knock"

Sneeze in England and you’ll catch an sti.

wcl

Reaction score
A few days of fodder.

J Press royal oxford, Barbour, Orvis w/ suede, VV for the Kentucky Derby, MIUSA Proline Wool UT hat.

Cesare Paciotti, Hugo Boss

AE Evanston, Bruno Magli

J Peterman waistcoat NWT cotton/linen blend

I never find cool Ts so I had to grab this. Cheap as hell and probably not old but it sure brings back some memories.

And I am trying to branch out a bit from clothing. MIUSA Force Fins. Seem to be in solid shape. I don't snorkel or scuba but the price was right and comps seem good.

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
*Triggered!!!!!!!*

@flipstah we have a saying here,
"the only thing faster than a Nissan, is rust"
if that is a southern stagea? do it. after you paint the whole underside.

You never got the good Subaru's. But right there? is one.
at 44k? you got another 40k before you need to worry about it.

you know, i have 3 here. :wink:

for good reason.

That Benz? i could bet you a Zegna tie that it smells of cigarettes and cheap air fresheners, also has cheap tires and no maintenance history.
it's a ******* hooptie.

When it comes to cars, my advice is sound.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads