• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dark...womens jacket seems to have the buttons on the men's side of the placard....

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
So i heard the story of how the double breasted came to be. Do you suppose that some customers prefer the buttons on the left? Left handed? Not a wimmenz thing?

Hmmmm.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a different brag of sorts. My dad is a 21 year veteran of the Army having served in Korea and 3 tours in Vietnam. Sadly, he is in his final days and my two siblings and I are rotating out shifts to provide him with 24 hr bedside comfort and care at a local hospital. So, in other words, there are precious few clothing brags (and even fewer eBay listings). However, there are days like today that remind me of his strength (and razor-sharp wit). My father has been a chain smoker for over 60 years. No... he has no intention of quitting. Why would he? He asked a nurse this morning about a nicotine patch. She curtly replied, "Mr. Benson, you have COPD and you are STILL smoking?" Without missing a beat, he glared at her and said, "Ma'am, you are obese. Are you STILL eating?" Love this man... I only wish that I were half the man that he is.

Heaven gained one tough son of a *****...
Thrift a little for me, guys. I will be away for a while.
Kyle Raye Benson 12/28/1937 - 10/22/2016

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thrift fit
women's salmon orvis jacket - $3
baddest zegna shirt ever - $4-7
paul smith jeans $6
continuously beat edmonds $12

couple favorite shots from the night; vince staples / james blake

hU5IXBgl.jpg

Spadea ain't afraid a ya....

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Bahljs or other sportswear dudes, is this vintage Nike long jacket worth the pickup? All logos are embroidered.

winny94

Reaction score

Wanna see more pics. But for my own education, what should the used going rate be for this? Obviously retail is 10K+, but there are plenty of items in that range that only bring a few hundred dollars on the secondary market. If this shouldve brought more than 200, what did the seller do wrong?

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's like 5 balenciaga shirts. Any thoughts? Can't seem to find anything on google. The cloth is nice but the buttons are all plastic

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanna see more pics. But for my own education, what should the used going rate be for this? Obviously retail is 10K+, but there are plenty of items in that range that only bring a few hundred dollars on the secondary market. If this shouldve brought more than 200, what did the seller do wrong?

BIN way too low. should've done a straight up auction or a much higher ask. here's another comp for you:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Loro-Piana-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

and still, it's actually not that expensive (probably under 10%!), you could spend more on an RRL sweater at full retail.

SteelGuy

Reaction score

Heaven gained one tough son of a *****... 
Thrift a little for me, guys. I will be away for a while.
Kyle Raye Benson 12/28/1937 - 10/22/2016 

Sounds like a real man gets to rest and enjoy a heavenly beer with the good guys. Peace on him and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix