• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the reinforced shoulders/elbows are pretty interesting for that vintage, seems like you don't see typically those on american riding jackets until around 1960. nice score!

Sorry but that jacket is neither german ,luftwaffe or from WW2 era.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably is.for the record i agree with double00 its just a regular bike jacket from the sixties.still cool.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So last week was dismal and drier then an Amish wedding.
This week started off pretty good.
Can somebody please tell me wtf this skin is.
Its "driving" me crazy...

I have been looking for a nice pair of flip flops since may.when it hit 100 last week i bit the bullet and bought a pir of Pumas for 29.99 at Marshalls.today I find these for six bucks and in my size.
Does this happen to anyone else?

And this guy...

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have been looking for a nice pair of flip flops since may.when it hit 100 last week i bit the bullet and bought a pir of Pumas for 29.99 at Marshalls.today I find these for six bucks and in my size.
Does this happen to anyone else?

And this guy...

You find the best shoes man

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First, I want to recognize your pun.
It was terrible.
Second, I'm going to take a stab at identifying that leather. I'm just looking at the small image on my phone, and it kind of looks like... elephant.
I could be wrong. You can look up elephant hide and compare it to what you've got in front of you.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a vintage elephant case last month and i dont think it is but i could be wrong.
Someome suggested Hippo.
pun was awesome dont be a hater lol

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance this is legit Thom Browne?

Last edited:

leisurewear

Reaction score
Posting on this thread after the likes @impuntura gives me flashbacks of times I shared about what I did over the weekend with the MD at the bank I used to work at after hearing about his weekend adventures. But hey, that's ok.

Hey guys, I finally get to be one of those people who wears a suit with the first button of their functional cuffs unbuttoned. Posted earlier but wanted to share the fit with a better pic. Only thing my body double and I have differently is a 0.5" pant length. Made in Italy but a maker I have yet to identify for a local shop's private (found out Chris Webber shops there). Anybody who has an ID on the tag would be greatly appreciated though it really doesn't matter since I'm keeping. Currently the best constructed suit I own (reunited orphan to top it all of!). Excuse the messy couch, my wife will be pissed once she sees I posted a picture inclusive of the mess lol.

Thought I'd smile more in my pics (see spoilered pictures for pattern and color)

Pretty sure this was same donor. Is this Corneliani tag recent? Found the pants to these too (2/2!) but sadly they had a couple holes. Staple Navy, considering whether or not to slap some gold buttons on there to replace my current crappy navy blazer. Is that an option here?

Authenticity check on this Gucci tie?

Red 100% BB Blazer made in USA. Already claimed by a trad brother over on AAAC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads