• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJGent87

Reaction score

sashae

Reaction score
Estate sale in Greenwich that didn't advertise clothing at all, and was BY FAR the best clothing sale I've been to. Crazy **** - Loro PIANA cashmere robe, Lattanzi croc belt for 10 bucks, all the vapors of the shoes and jackets, a ton of quality beaver felt hats, etc. I ended up with 3 pair of what feel like cashmere angora blend socks by accident after the dude threw em in at checkout. Got both Flusser books too. Legit stuff...

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Estate sale in Greenwich that didn't advertise clothing at all, and was BY FAR the best clothing sale I've been to. Crazy **** - Loro PIANA cashmere robe, Lattanzi croc belt for 10 bucks, all the vapors of the shoes and jackets, a ton of quality beaver felt hats, etc. I ended up with 3 pair of what feel like cashmere angora blend socks by accident after the dude threw em in at checkout. Got both Flusser books too. Legit stuff...

Good god. Congrats. Those CT ones always look so promising.

...you still did pretty damn good.  Fret not the Hermes.

Yes, but I would be fretting like a motherfucker.

snackbandit

Reaction score
He didn't - I spoke to him outside, he said he liked the colors figured they had to be worth something, wanted me to verify if they were legit. Asked me how much I thought they were worth. My facepalm was unstoppable.

I woulda been like..

Moscat

Reaction score
I don't know a better place to have a first post. Do excuse my camera quality. Some of my more recent neck wear finds:

Apparently this one retailed at $47.50, only if BOC was at that price today! Obviously pre Nordstrom. I found 3 more BOCs at the same store.

I don't believe Southwick has an MTM operation for neckties, but just in case, I've blacked out the name out of respect for privacy, whether he's with us or not. This one, I'd say, has more "heft" than three of my BOCs. It ties a thicker knot and is, of course, proudly hand made in Canada! It doesn't have bar tacks, instead having a reinforced, with much thread, advanced slip stitch that still feels sturdy.

NEXT TIME:
D'avenza suit jacket and more fun with ties, possibly Cheaney loafers.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sashae if that was someone's wake, I would hate to see what you missed.

Also, after UPS telling me yesterday that my e thrift was lost, it magically appeared today...

Attolini.,.handrolled...cashmere...grenadine...solid navy....$11.

TJGent87

Reaction score
@sashae if that was someone's wake, I would hate to see what you missed.

Also, after UPS telling me yesterday that my e thrift was lost, it magically appeared today...

Attolini.,.handrolled...cashmere...grenadine...solid navy....$11.

That's gold man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbus