• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official thread for short / slim people.

aizan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by van_hammersly
yeah but when you have a 34" chest you dont want the pit to pit measurement of a shirt to be 34 cause that's literally skin tight. I find 35"-36" works good.

both of my boo shirts are 17.5'' ptp if you measure from the outer edge of the seam. 17'' if you measure from the inside.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was gonna post this in noob, but this thread is probably much better. I hate to ask this as it's such a common question, but I could really, really use help.

AmApp tee's in Small are nearly perfect on me after I shrink the hell out of them. Some colors shrink just a bit more than others, I don't know if any else has noticed, like the dark navy, and those constrict just a tiny bit too much across my chest (been working out), but they do stretch during wear, so it's fine. I also really, really like the colors and the density of the fabric. I like thick tee's. AltApp is too thin.

The problem I have, which is directly pertinent to this thread, is that although I am average at 5'9, AmApp Smalls seems designed for a 6'0 dude. They are TOO LONG and often the BELLY is too big. I have a 30" belly and a 34-36" chest. I'm always wearing an AmApp tee this summer and it's always doing weird things to my silhouette.

What's the solution (besides hipster gut)?

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gunze makes the best fitting tees in my opinion, japanese brand, great quality.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will measure out a sample but my shirts are a great lenght . I tried to make it so that you could tuck it in and look good or leave it untucked and look good.
All the shirts are being made now so I will have full measurements in a couple weeks.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ehh, those tee suggestions are too obscure ;/

mrtophat

Reaction score
sounds good mauro.

I'm getting some tees from Alt A in the mail sometime this week, i think. their not really obscure, but I'll post some impressions when I get them...

van_hammersly

Reaction score
Am I the only one that stays away from higher-rise pants? Anything over a 9.5 in. front rise feels extremely weird to me. Unfortunately, it really limits my options. I'm trying to move up from APC/N&F level denim, so I've been looking for a pair of slim, straight-leg jeans at Blue In Green and Selfedge and lots of these Japanese brands seem to have crazy high rises on them.

Also, shameless plug for the small: I've got a BoO XS flannel up for sale if anyone's interested.

GloStiX

Reaction score
It seems you are all worried about pit-to-pit measurements here, but I'd think for short people that shirt length is most important. I hate billowing skirt-looking shirts.

5'7"
120lb
36 chest
28 waist
17 shoulders

for my body type i've found that cheap Korean shirts fit well, though quality of course isn't as good as American designer labels. however, for skinny young students on a budget, that isn't a big deal. Nobody's gonna count the stitches in your seams
smile.gif

Adrian101

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GloStiX
It seems you are all worried about pit-to-pit measurements here, but I'd think for short people that shirt length is most important. I hate billowing skirt-looking shirts.

5'7"
120lb
36 chest
28 waist
17 shoulders

for my body type i've found that cheap Korean shirts fit well, though quality of course isn't as good as American designer labels. however, for skinny young students on a budget, that isn't a big deal. Nobody's gonna count the stitches in your seams
smile.gif

You should gain like 30 lbs it'll do you some good in the chest dept.

I noticed if you work out your back and shoulders the shirt length becomes more suited for your body on short people.

Some tips:
- No double breasted jackets
- Never cuff jeans it makes you look short
- Always wear slim clothing
- Vertical stripes only never horizontal
- Low rise jeans look best
- V neck shirts make you look taller
- Shirts should stop mid-fly on your pants/denim, at the curve of your butt in the back.
- Jackets should never past mid-thigh

If I think of anymore ill let you guys know.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for shorter length sweaters? H&M's sweaters generally fit pretty slim but aside from an occasional heavy knit they're always a few inches too long on me.

van_hammersly

Reaction score
I always found the length on Gap XS to be perfect, the stuff is cut boxy as hell though. Quality is not great, either.

van_hammersly

Reaction score
I finally got my hands on some Wolf Vs Goat shirts from Farinelli's, and I can report that their XS size works pretty good for short/slim dudes. Measurements are on the site and it's tough not to make generalizations because everyone's proportions are different, but if you're familiar with how Band of Outsiders fits, this is similar, although slightly slimmer in the arms and chest (!) and a slightly longer length, but still wearable for short dudes. I'm looking forward to the 'after dinner' shirts available next year since they're supposed to be a little more relaxed in the body.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads