• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official thread for short / slim people.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
List of Brands for Short/Skinny People

Band of Outsiders XS shirts p2p 17.5"-18, S shirts p2p 18"-18.5 size 0 outerwear/jackets equivalent to a 34.

RRL: http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1854/picture3u.jpg
those are oxfords.

Uniqlo: I'd say their size XS is a bit roomier than band S for button-downs. Their knits (cardigans, v-necks) are slimmer, p2p of about 18" but boxy.

Michael J Krell: There's a whole thread on this!

Epaulet:
The same. 18" p2p for XS and 19" for S.

Wings and Horns: you have to look up specific pieces but I heard their S fits people that wear XS in BoO this season.

Topman: Their XS shirts are 17" to 17.5", so I take their S here,. I usually take a S in their outwear aswell. (coats , etc.) Grab their stuff on sale

Jump The Gun: their trousers are really slim, slimmest thighs i've had for a 28. Their shirting is also very, very slim and slimmer than Band. (There are 100% cotton solid button-downs coming out at the end of the year. Their current solids feel crappy besides the Ginghams / Checks)

SNS: Their online store has knits in XXS and XS. Prices are about 300 euros.

Wolf vs. Goat
: Mauro's line, great stuff coming (pants and outwear) XXS and XS.

Shipley & Halmos: Their XS shirts are a bit smaller than Band S. Suit jacket has 17.5" p2p according to context.

Japanese brands: Man of Moods (size 2 or 3) and Mr. Olive (Medium or Large. Medium is equivalent to an XS in our designer brands)

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
p.s. if anyone wants measurements for certain pieces I have experience with that do fit me well i'll post.

laughter95

Reaction score
this is a topic i can support... i'm 36" jacket, 5'7, gotten heavy now at around 150....

KS what's ur height??

XS in uniqlo, hyden yoo, WESC jacket i've got fits well, mjk, hugo boss red label, john varvatos, theory... and of course all my korean/hk/taiwanese clothing fits well.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahah I hope I don't have to resort to looking up obscure japanese/korean brands. that would be a ton of work!

i'm 5'6, 34 jacket.

i have some basics from uniqlo and while I appreciate those I don't want everything from there. Will have to check out hyden yoo

for those that know does ervell , our legacy (they make XS from what i see on tresbien, this might become my new favourite) , js, etc. make sizes that fit me?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
js makes 44 lil playa

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
js makes 44 lil playa
coooooll i remember not being able to find any last time sales came around I'll have to look closer this season. SNS makes XS and XXS. mmmm

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I think only js stores carry them that's why.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah im 5'7 and run into the same problem. i really HATE the fit of jcrew xs and kind of feel like im inbetwen somewhere.

being skinny and korean makes it a bit difficult. H&M fits decent but quality is poo ... the hyr vs gitman oxfords were amazing. i do want to give a shoutout to Epualets line. Small fits PERFECTLY and although i only got the two Epualet x SF shirts, i am buying all three flannel colors as well

ive never actually purchased/tried on a BoO shirt because prior to moving to DC I had no access and didnt want to pay such a lofty price at the time.

i can only hope farinellis WvG can help us out as well...

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear an MJK XS which has 15.25" shoulders and 17" p2p, I really can't wear anything bigger than this and could even go to 15" shoulders, unfortunately shirts this small are very rare, so I can sympathize. I recently found out about Agnes B. and they appear to make some fairly unisex womens shirts (though the buttoning is back to front which might bother you) which I will try out when I have some cash, not the nicest shirts though, basically simple casual stuff. Uncontrol was talking before about japanese brands that you can proxy, I've looked at this a bit and unfortunately a lot of designer pieces are very expensive on rakuten, for example a silk Ann D scarf that I got for $150 AU at 50% here costs $700 AU on Rakuten not including proxy charges, double the cost of retail. G-Star Raw's small is stupidly small and fits me nicely, 15" shoulders and 34-35" pit to pit, pity I hate all their clothes and only ended up buying a shirt and sweater about a year ago out of desperation for something that fit me. If designers made real size 44's with 34" p2p or therebouts with similar shoulders (15 - 15.5") there would be no problem.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I think only js stores carry them that's why.

oh poo. the closest one is in NY is that correct?

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
yeah im 5'7 and run into the same problem. i really HATE the fit of jcrew xs and kind of feel like im inbetwen somewhere.

being skinny and korean makes it a bit difficult. H&M fits decent but quality is poo ... the hyr vs gitman oxfords were amazing. i do want to give a shoutout to Epualets line. Small fits PERFECTLY and although i only got the two Epualet x SF shirts, i am buying all three flannel colors as well

ive never actually purchased/tried on a BoO shirt because prior to moving to DC I had no access and didnt want to pay such a lofty price at the time.

i can only hope farinellis WvG can help us out as well...

I'm looking forward to WvG aswell, sounds like he's making high quality coats, pants, knits, etc. BoO is same as gitman on sale.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the wings + horns sounds great ... fingers crossed as i got the two-tone tiger fleece and the black henley thermal with contrast elbows

but im having problems with the military thermal from apolis in small and even kind of the apolis small t shirt. they are a bit more relaxed than id like (long in sleeve and long in length). im hoping a quick wash and dry will do the trick. its weird because i have the apolis nomad hoodie from spring (same as this fall) and the apolis x sf x context in small and they are fine. maybe this season they went more relaxed than normal?

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
I wear an MJK XS which has 15.25" shoulders and 17" p2p, I really can't wear anything bigger than this and could even go to 15" shoulders, unfortunately shirts this small are very rare, so I can sympathize.

I recently found out about Agnes B. and they appear to make some fairly unisex womens shirts (though the buttoning is back to front which might bother you) which I will try out when I have some cash, not the nicest shirts though, basically simple casual stuff.

Uncontrol was talking before about japanese brands that you can proxy, I've looked at this a bit and unfortunately a lot of designer pieces are very expensive on rakuten, for example a silk Ann D scarf that I got for $150 AU at 50% here costs $700 AU on Rakuten not including proxy charges, double the cost of retail.

If designers made real size 44's with 34" p2p or therebouts with similar shoulders (15 - 15.5") there would be no problem.

your MJK xs is out of the norm, but yes his shirts are awesome

Agreed on proxy'ing. Crazy expensive and not worth the effort imo.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
I wear an MJK XS which has 15.25" shoulders and 17" p2p, I really can't wear anything bigger than this and could even go to 15" shoulders, unfortunately shirts this small are very rare, so I can sympathize.

Uncontrol was talking before about japanese brands that you can proxy, I've looked at this a bit and unfortunately a lot of designer pieces are very expensive on rakuten, for example a silk Ann D scarf that I got for $150 AU at 50% here costs $700 AU on Rakuten not including proxy charges, double the cost of retail.

G-Star Raw's small is stupidly small and fits me nicely, 15" shoulders and 34-35" pit to pit, pity I hate all their clothes and only ended up buying a shirt and sweater about a year ago out of desperation for something that fit me.

i like MJK and want to support his work but i HATE the fact that its so not uniform. his shirts vary from each design and pattern and there seems to be no consistency. i want to buy a shirt and continue to getting shirts from that person regardless. i dont want to have to check measurements constantly. but i love his stuff and own all the underwear but just cant pull trigger on shirts.

thats why i love epualet... consistency in shirts goes a long way imo

as for proxying yeah its really annoying because of added time for delivery, cost for proxy service, and headaches trying to figure out sizing, returns, fit pics, availablity, let alone reading the foriegn language, etc.

g-stars aesthetic is terrible ... i actually used to like it a while back but they changed so much. it just got ginormous way to fast and became TOO hip around europe, asia (especially korea), and now wannabes in major us cities.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Muji fits well, small at least. Sometimes their stuff fits like a tent though. Boutique stuff in Korea is pretty easy for me except chest never fits. I get almost all of my stuff at Uniqlo or bespoke though and I think everyone knows that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads