• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol how are you so invested in the tumblrs and posts of other members. Remembering the number of time a post has been quoted, or mentioning a purchase from months ago? Of course you use it to bring down others but how do you remember it all? Why do you remember it so well? If I aspired to be an internet stalker you'd be my hero!

Well for one I don't drink or do drugs. Amazing what that can do for one's memory! You'd also have to be pretty intelligent/detail oriented to run 3 successful businesses.

Can you go back to blocking my posts now?

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
Please join me in wishing RRL Clothing a happy two weeks off.

Last edited:

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RRL more about the fit, details, build quality and ... buttons. Jcrew and Old Navy make many ill fitting, cheaply made calico printed workshirts these days.

Lets be totally honest here man. RRL doesn't fit any different from JCrew. At least JCrew is consistent with their fits. RRL makes **** that is all over the board when it comes to sizing. Ive seen medium shirts that fit like XL and I personally own an XL from RRL that fits like a medium. Their build quality isn't anything special either. They have switched to having it all made in China to cut costs and it shows in their recent seasons for sure. Not trying to be a total dick or anything but its the truth and everyone knows it. It doesn't mean I dont prefer the look of a lot of RRL stuff over JCrew but that has more to do with the design rather than anything like fit and finish.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always wonder how the quality of RRL. I've only seen one shirt and it was on par with jcrew. I've asked before how their shirts compare to Gitman vintage something I have a lot of.

Last edited:

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lets be totally honest here man. RRL doesn't fit any different from JCrew. At least JCrew is consistent with their fits. RRL makes **** that is all over the board when it comes to sizing. Ive seen medium shirts that fit like XL and I personally own an XL from RRL that fits like a medium. Their build quality isn't anything special either. They have switched to having it all made in China to cut costs and it shows in their recent seasons for sure. Not trying to be a total dick or anything but its the truth and everyone knows it. It doesn't mean I dont prefer the look of a lot of RRL stuff over JCrew but that has more to do with the design rather than anything like fit and finish.

I'd say this is pretty spot on. I haven't experienced a lot of RRL and nothing older than a year ago, but the things I've bought or tried aren't much better and in some cases are worse in terms of quality than some of the styles I've bought from J. Crew. AW knits were a prime example. Even on the other end of the scale I think RRL is overpriced. I was able to try on that SS14 limited edition camo military jacket (I forget the name) and it doesn't compare to some of the similar Nigel Cabourn jackets I have. Then when you factor in a similar price point, cheaper details and finishes and Chinese labor vs made in England and you have to wonder how some of this stuff still sells. Still I like the RRL aesthetic and for me that's what does it. I haven't seen a similar jacket to the AW13 Dixon Jacket and I love mine.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Please join me in wishing RRL Clothing a happy two weeks off.

Thank you, thank you! Dbag levels had spiked in here once again and are now leveling off. Ahhh!

potemkin_city_limits: Great post and very true. The bashing of other brands like J. Crew (who actually have some pretty nice stuff) and near blind worship of RRL is just ridiculous. I have many shirts from both brands that I really like and are of a similar quality level. The exclusivity of my buttons... wow, I had to LOL when I read that. I like nicely designed buttons, don't get me wrong, but if 100 of them are produced or 10,000..... I really don't care about that. I have many Polo shirts that are *just as good* as some RRL stuff, it really just depends on the individual shirt.

Last edited:

Fenderplyr

Reaction score
I would agree that RRL and other brands are on the same level in terms of quality and design but I feel like RRL has its specialty items that you can't get anywhere else. My grail item is my mendoza jacket I bought on sale, but at the original price of $1800 its a complete rip off considering its made in china. but its still VERY unique to me and i feel like i couldn't get that anywhere else

Maitiu

Reaction score
If it weren't for many of you, I would never have known about or where to look on the internet to find places with a similar style as RRL such as freewheelers, Jcrew, Mr.Feedom etc.. While I love the style of RRL, I have a hard time justifying the prices of some of the items. I'm glad we can speak freely about other brands while still managing to stay on topic for the most part. Kudo's to those keeping a cool head!

Speaking of sizing issues with the RRL brand. If anyone has the Jack Rabbit Dobby Workshirt in an XL but needs and XXL, please let me know! I'll trade with ya. Only been worn once.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tried this on over the wkd, the material feels a lot better than the hoody version.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man, loving the latest iteration of the "Clyde" trousers. Looks like a combination of the best aspects of the Clyde and Officer Chinos IMO.

These are definitely too heavy to be warn in the summertime right? :(

Also, this might be an odd question but are the suspender rivets flat enough that these can be worn comfortably with a belt? I used to have some RRL denim with suspender rivets and I could feel them poking my waist when I had a belt on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads