1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. sood

sood Senior member

2. oynag

oynag Senior member

I don't think a shirt's waist will get enough stress/shear force to stretch. Unless it's wicked tight. Then it doesn't fit.

1 person likes this.
  3. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

4. McSp

McSp Member

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  5. McSp

McSp Member

Can I recall you to check the measurements of your Hawkins as soon as you can? Thanks a lot!!

6. Serad

Serad Member

Does anyone know if there's any upcoming RRL sale events on the Ralph Lauren site (specifically...the European one)? e.g., based on previous years.
    I was hoping on like a 30% off maybe for Easter or something, at least before summer sales start.

I realize the US site is basically in a perpetual loop of random discount vouchers but a lot of it doesn't seem to apply to RRL & PL. The European RL site doesn't even give any deals most of the time but I'm hoping there's at least one opportunity for me to splurge without paying fullprice.

7. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

no...in my experience neither the chambray nor the denim shirts stretch...and when you wash and/or especially dry them...they will shrink a bit. I now hang dry all the selvedge shirts from RRL. The "fitted" shirts turned "too small/buttons pull" with drying (i.e the striped oxford). The good news is if you do have some shrinkage...if you get them laundered, the pressing at cleaners somehow magically makes them the right size again...

1 person likes this.
  8. henryfool3

henryfool3 Member

thanks for the feedback.

yea, unfortunately i am going to have to let this one go. putting it on ebay. definitely not the right fit.

9. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

I reported him as well. Another instance of Styleforum making the world a better place!

Together we are strong … and kind of cool looking. [​IMG]

10. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

Actually, RRL sales come along fairly regularly. Based on past years, you can expect the next sale around the middle of May.

1 person likes this.
  11. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

i messaged them and asked about the ollection and where he got the pieces from, no response

apparently they are from philly

someone get his address....

12. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Ross varsity jacket with leather sleeves and the older indian head patch one I can't remember the name of.
    [​IMG]

The other RRL varsity/bomber jackets I have.
    I have the sweatshirt jacket version of the kitty cat one too.
    The dice one bugs the hell out of me since the dots on the dice are wrong. I wonder if there's some significance to the dots.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  13. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

[​IMG]

Reaching out to my RRL friends for guidance on my Eastman star sportswear a2 i just got and was wondering what everyone thinks on the fit of this

14. cj610

cj610 Senior member

Looks good to me. What do you think about it? Any reservations?

15. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Senior member

I really like it, originally wanted a sz 40 (this is a 42) but was told the sleeves would be too tight to move in a 40. Just wish the torso was slightly slimmer

16. cj610

cj610 Senior member

I've had a couple of Aero's and they're always 'blousy.' Don't know about the Eastman's. My primary complaint with modern A2's are the bigger measurements (chest v waist, arm sleeves). To get the slim classic look you have to go with a super high end brand. Himmel's seem to have the best cut but as always YMMV. I do understand about wanting a trimmer fit.........................

1 person likes this.
  17. double00

double00 Senior member

i would've gone with the 40 but the 42 looks good.

my feeling in general is i'd much rather encourage a leather jacket to stretch than settle, plus i like them as closer to the natural waist. ymmv there's really no wrong answer.

18. therattler

therattler Senior member

Guys, anyone able to ID this sweater? Hoping its RRL

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. cadmonkey

cadmonkey Senior member

not to mention the ridiculously long chainstitch run offs lol

[​IMG]

20. Cooly

Cooly Senior member

yeah...it was just from this past fall...I haven't worn mine yet...still has the tags on it...got it on sale...great cardi...

PS: curious who was wearing it...can't tell in the picture...is that "The Voice"?