• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry I'm not here to flog worthless crap in my signature every few weeks. Seriously "RRL aesthetic" to you means any flimsy mass produced shirt that has dot print and long sleeves?

RRL is about accurate historical archives, quality fabrics (such as discharge print indigo cloth, jaspe fabrics, etc) and exclusivity. All this talk about "aesthetics" just makes you sound like a misc fanboy.

Am I being super helpful now?

No, it reminded me of a shirt RRL enthusiast Julien Landa fashioned recently.

http://julienlanda.tumblr.com/

And no that wasn't helpful. I was asking about the sizing.

Stay classy.

Last edited:

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes Julien is awesome.

They are both blue printed workshirts. That is as far as the similarities go.

I get it, you are trying to find a $115 alternative to a $265 shirt. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Sorry I'm not here to flog worthless crap in my signature every few weeks. Seriously "RRL aesthetic" to you means any flimsy mass produced shirt that has dot print and long sleeves?

RRL is about accurate historical archives, quality fabrics (such as discharge print indigo cloth, herringbone jaspé, and many others) and perhaps most importantly, exclusivity (small number of stores and suppliers.) All this talk about "aesthetics" just makes you sound like an ignorant misc-er.

J.Crew has a few awesome pieces.. priced as such.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shirts/utilityshirts/PRDOVR~50532/50532.jsp
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/denim/484slim/PRDOVR~18975/18975.jsp

and some nice colored $98 selvedge chambrays worthy of RRL fit and finish (*** fabrics - made in China)

Last edited:

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes the Kato shirt, Chimala brand and $225 *** selvedge jeans were awesome. Too bad Jcrew has nothing to do with them. What does that have to do with the rest of the cheaply made, mass produced Jcrew craps?

And this is the 3rd time you quoted that post I made in 2011. Judging from your sorry dieworkwear tumblr content (armchair philosopher of the fashion industry) you have no credibility.

Actually the PRL shirt looks similar to a grail-status Mister Freedom shirt:

http://www.misterfreedom.com/chemise-calico-indigo.html

That shirt looks nothing like the Polo shirt. You guys need to get your eyes examined. They are both calico print, that is as far as the similarities go. The MF shirt is made of exclusive fabric, buttons, limited run that is why the shirt is "grail-status" not because it is a cheaply made mass produced workshirt like Jcrew and Polo shirts. If you want to wear cheap, ubiquitous mall brand fashion, then by all means, hit up a Polo outlet, Allsaints or Jcrew store.

Last edited:

pvoytko

Reaction score
for any euros that might post in this thread, malford of london is doing 50 percent off all ralph lauren products, RRL included
code RL50

www.malfordoflondon.com

includes sale items

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nvm, that $5 shipping going to take forever. It's an hour away but shipped monday and will arrive saturday hah.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you select economy Fedex will just hold your package for days before putting it on the truck. That is how these things work.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yes the Kato shirt, Chimala brand and $225 *** selvedge jeans were awesome. Too bad Jcrew has nothing to do with them. What does that have to do with the rest of the cheaply made, mass produced Jcrew craps?

And this is the 3rd time you quoted that post I made in 2011. Judging from your sorry dieworkwear tumblr content (armchair philosopher of the fashion industry) you have no credibility.

My blog is pretty terrible.

stickshift

Reaction score

That shirt looks nothing like the Polo shirt. You guys need to get your eyes examined. They are both calico print, that is as far as the similarities go. The MF shirt is made of exclusive fabric, buttons, limited run that is why the shirt is "grail-status" not because it is a cheaply made mass produced workshirt like Jcrew and Polo shirts. If you want to wear cheap, ubiquitous mall brand fashion, then by all means, hit up a Polo outlet, Allsaints or Jcrew store.

No disagreement there, I am just trying to find an alternative for it. If only RRL would stop distressing so many of their indigo shirts.

We were comparing fabric prints and you go talking about build quality and buttons...

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nooo troll, nooo just leave him on your blocked lists and fight the temptation to see who it is. It's this guy and it's almost always a post to antagonize or put down another member

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL more about the fit, details, build quality and ... buttons. Jcrew and Old Navy make many ill fitting, cheaply made calico printed workshirts these days.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so there's RRL _Clothing, l-a-y-e-r-e-d head to toe in RRL sitting in a food court in some soul less strip mall in south Florida writing these flaming posts in between listing RRL stuff he bought at 90% off at the local RL outlet while simultanously claiming everybody else is cheap. In the background, the Muzak system, as if by Divine intervention, streams the '50's song 'The Great Pretender' as he struts around like an out of place peacock in a world with sweaty tourists in t-shirts and shorts and old people in polyester shirts

part of wearing nice clothes is having them be appropriate to the environment they are presented and worn in

just an fyi

I was recently visiting family in south Florida for a week and the last items I ever wanted to wear down there was RRL

it's not a comment on RRL, it''s a commentary about people living in glass house constantly throwing rocks at others

give it a rest

Hows that $700 Posadas vest you claim to have bought and were going to trash with your modifications?

Let me guess your maid sent it somewhere.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol how are you so invested in the tumblrs and posts of other members. Remembering the number of time a post has been quoted, or mentioning a purchase from months ago? Of course you use it to bring down others but how do you remember it all? Why do you remember it so well? If I aspired to be an internet stalker you'd be my hero!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads