• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G Khan

Reaction score
Similar style jackets but fairly different IRL. RMFB jacket is puffy and lightweight since it's down filled. Oil cloth jacket isn't as puffy and is heavier weight. The oil cloth jacket would probably be more wearable for me here in the Seattle area since it doesn't usually get too cold and the oilcloth would be good in the rain.

Both fit kind of wonky. Follow Drake's advice on sizing "This Product Runs Small, Sizing Up by Two Sizes is Advised". I got a size 48 jacket and it fits a bit smaller than my RRL yellow puffy jacket in size L I wore yesterday. An RMFB 48 down vest I have fits a bit smaller than an RRL puffy vest in XL.

Oilcloth jacket fits really big in the chest but waist is much slimmer. @gnatty8 mentioned the same thing. Snake Oil Provisions has the measurements on their site. But if you went by the chest measurement you'd probably end up a size smaller than ideal. I'll probably get it at sale time.

View attachment 2058095
The RRL oilcloth jacket looks like it fits you great in this picture. I take it you usually wear L in RRL outerwear? What size is the jacket that you have on in this pic?

I usually wear L in every top (short or outerwear) they make in recent years (sizing used to be a little larger in 2012/2013 when I started with RRL and I bought a few M shirts).

Thanks,

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Longtime SF member but new to this thread.

Two quick questions… Thoughts on RRL tailored clothing, particularly sportcoats? Also, is sizing tts?

Thank you!

AHS

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Similar style jackets but fairly different IRL. RMFB jacket is puffy and lightweight since it's down filled. Oil cloth jacket isn't as puffy and is heavier weight. The oil cloth jacket would probably be more wearable for me here in the Seattle area since it doesn't usually get too cold and the oilcloth would be good in the rain.

Both fit kind of wonky. Follow Drake's advice on sizing "This Product Runs Small, Sizing Up by Two Sizes is Advised". I got a size 48 jacket and it fits a bit smaller than my RRL yellow puffy jacket in size L I wore yesterday. An RMFB 48 down vest I have fits a bit smaller than an RRL puffy vest in XL.

Oilcloth jacket fits really big in the chest but waist is much slimmer. @gnatty8 mentioned the same thing. Snake Oil Provisions has the measurements on their site. But if you went by the chest measurement you'd probably end up a size smaller than ideal. I'll probably get it at sale time.

View attachment 2058095
Zip, is there a link for Drake’s sizing advice? Thanks

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The RRL oilcloth jacket looks like it fits you great in this picture. I take it you usually wear L in RRL outerwear? What size is the jacket that you have on in this pic?

I usually wear L in every top (short or outerwear) they make in recent years (sizing used to be a little larger in 2012/2013 when I started with RRL and I bought a few M shirts).

Thanks,
I'm about 60/40 XL/L in RRL outerwear. In that pic of the oilcloth jacket I'm wearing a L which felt too tight around the waist, but fairly generous in the chest. I tried an XL too and it felt much better and not too big in the chest.

Zip, is there a link for Drake’s sizing advice? Thanks

G Khan

Reaction score
I'm about 60/40 XL/L in RRL outerwear. In that pic of the oilcloth jacket I'm wearing a L which felt too tight around the waist, but fairly generous in the chest. I tried an XL too and it felt much better and not too big in the chest.

Ok thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

I am 6' 1 200 lbs. Chest is 45" and shoulder measurements are usually 19-20". I looked at the measurements on SOProvisions. I will try the Large first as most of the time I have shirts and sometimes jackets altered as the bottom opening is too big.

Lotuspath

Reaction score
I am always in awe when RRL uses the term “down-alternative” in their product Description. Any filling that is not “down” is probably by definition an “alternative”. Stuffing a jacket with old newspapers or used tissues are also other “alternatives”. It seems to me that it’s just a sly way of slipping the more desirable word (“down”) into the mix. Like Timex calling itself a “Rolex alternative”. Just to keep some of that funky alternative goo off itself, no?

So what exactly are we trying to sugar coat here? That in the item Details we will discover that the filling is actually 100% polyester. Whoooo …. polyester, please make them stop they’re scaring me. Down alternative sounds a whole lot better than what the RRL jacket could possibly really be filled with … “recycled empty Poland Spring plastic bottles that were fished out of an old dumpster by a guy pushing a stolen Walmart shopping cart and then melted down and repurposed as an super expensive luxury designer jacket”. It just doesn’t have the same cozy warm ring to it.

Last edited:

Freecard

Reaction score
That could be cool IRL… or worse.
I like it...Fabric is soft and not too thick. As described, it has a light "gratté" effect which might increase with wears. The colors might be slightly darker than in reality.

Unlike the picture on the website, the pocket top part is not following the rest of the pattern. Not sure it bothers me that much...

Ps : sorry for the sweat pants ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3811.jpg
    IMG_3811.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3812.jpg
    IMG_3812.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

Skanstull

Reaction score
s7-1484901_lifestyle-2.jpeg
I picked up a pair of the Straight Fit Corduroy trousers. They look great and true to the product pictures. I generally prefer a 31" inseam and bought these in 30/32. I will probably need to shorten them two full inches, or slightly less - I suspect they are a bit longer than 32".

I haven't owned any nice cord trousers in modern times so not sure about my wash strategy. When reading old discussions, people seem to be equally split between "throw in washing machine no issues" or "dry clean only". How do you guys treat your nice RRL (and other) cord?

I''m concerned about altering them and then having them shrink over time? Or start by throwing them in the washing machine, and then getting disappointed because they don't look as great afterwards? If I wash them, I guess I would wash on cold (40C?), hang dry, and iron on the inside? Somewhere I read someone suggesting to throw them in dryer until half-dry and then hang-dry?

Any input appreciated!

fwedo

Reaction score
It's corduroy, so it will stretch more than jeans, especially in waist. You should wait before making any alterations. I wash all my RRL corduroy in washing machine, like any other casual trousers (30/40 is ok). No dryer, never.

They are nice.

Last edited:

MarioLovesMushroom

Reaction score
Hi, I bought this RRL limited denim jacket from a friend. Recently, an OG just told me he thinks this jacket has some problem. In his memory, RRL did release this designed jacket but in a washed version, whereas this one is a raw version. He suspects that the raw one may be a fake or a factory sample something. Could you provide advices please thank you.
1698732874982.png

We said this one may released on 2009 ( too old to verify )

Bing75

Reaction score
Bounjour folks it's been a while...thoughts on this:-

Any know it's a heavy or light fabric??

s7-1484916_lifestyle

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads