• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
If anyone else has these, can you comment on the fit? Would this W34 be significantly vanity sized like most RRL denim, where I take anything from a W31 to W33?

Also interested in a response to this. TTS more of a 35" waist (genetics and beer) and buy denim 1" smaller than TTS to account for stretch, but have seen anywhere from a 32-34"W in RRL work for me depending on how vanity sized they are.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For what it's worth I do 2 size down for low straight (30 TTS take 28) but TTS for slim (30 take 30), if I take same size as low straight waist wouldn't be the problem but the rest would be, too ball busting slim for me...

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I missed out on something I'd been watching on the main site and selected the "notify me if item becomes available" option. To my surprise, I got an email from a store rep saying they'd found one in store and asked for a number to contact me at. I provided one, but haven't heard from them. It's been a few days. I can handle getting ghosted on Tinder, but getting ghosted by a Ralph Lauren rep might be too much even for me to handle.

heebalabala

Reaction score
Nordstrom still has a couple sizes of those available if you're willing to roll the fulfillment dice.
FWIW, I ordered an in-stock pair of these back when @DJ Quaaludes alerted us to his sale finds and the order was cancelled a few days ago.

For what it's worth I do 2 size down for low straight (30 TTS take 28) but TTS for slim (30 take 30), if I take same size as low straight waist wouldn't be the problem but the rest would be, too ball busting slim for me...
This is my strategy as well, although I size down one instead of two for low straights.

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
FWIW, I ordered an in-stock pair of these back when @DJ Quaaludes alerted us to his sale finds and the order was cancelled a few days ago.

FYI, in my initial order run I ordered about 8 items, and 7 were cancelled. I noticed most mysteriously showed up 'back in stock' the next day, and like a glutton for punishment, I replaced orders for everything that was cancelled. To my surprise, they only cancelled one of the items, and shipped 6 of the 7 previously cancelled. Not sure what is going on at Nordstrom!

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nordstrom order arrived. Sent some plain black button up instead of the western heritage. Back it goes. Bummed but oh well.

That is a bummer! Read your post and worried the same would happen to me.

Received mine today and it was the right product but unfortunately just like half a size smaller than I expected. I think I’m going to keep it and will just try to avoid any hulk moves lol.

It’s a really soft lightweight fabric which isn’t normally me preference but it’s nice to have one like it in the arsenal.

shryver

Reaction score
If anyone else has these, can you comment on the fit? Would this W34 be significantly vanity sized like most RRL denim, where I take anything from a W31 to W33?
Also interested in a response to this. TTS more of a 35" waist (genetics and beer) and buy denim 1" smaller than TTS to account for stretch, but have seen anywhere from a 32-34"W in RRL work for me depending on how vanity sized they are.

I have had the “Ridgway Wash” for awhile now & really like them. I took my normal RRL denim size & they pretty much fit like my other slim fits, maybe a tiny bit smaller but really not much (if at all). I have posted a couple fit pics wearing them if it helps at all:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have had the “Ridgway Wash” for awhile now & really like them. I took my normal RRL denim size & they pretty much fit like my other slim fits, maybe a tiny bit smaller but really not much (if at all). I have posted a couple fit pics wearing them if it helps at all:

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks, the pics help a lot.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How are you guys finding these? I've searched the entire site and only see a few random t-shirts.

domain hacking, they just f*ed up

edit:

edit2:
think I just random google, but then you kind have to know what you were looking for

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads