• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aaronxxx

Reaction score

RRL aren't converting all their regular denim to Cone are they? I thought it was just going to be select styles... Please someone tell me this whole US made denim thing is just a "phase".

and your beef with denim woven in the US is...?

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably it's ubiquity and lack of prestige.

Plus nothing fades like Japanese denim.. with superior depth and color variations. If you have any decent Cone denim fades you want to show off I'd love to see it but I've never seen any great looking LVC fades.

Last edited:

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

and your beef with denim woven in the US is...?

I don't even wear jeans to get crazy fading. I like Japanese RRL denim because it feels amazingly substantial and wears exceptionally well. All the Cone denim I've owned (and it hasn't been much) just hasn't felt nearly as good. Seems like an inferior product. The recent RRL Cone denim (which I've seen and felt) does not change my mind. If Cone made denim as well as Okayama, I'd be all for it.

But of course, it all comes down to personal tastes and preferences...

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't even wear jeans to get crazy fading. I like Japanese RRL denim because it feels amazingly substantial and wears exceptionally well. All the Cone denim I've owned (and it hasn't been much) just hasn't felt nearly as good. Seems like an inferior product. The recent RRL Cone denim (which I've seen and felt) does not change my mind. If Cone made denim as well as Okayama, I'd be all for it.

I've got to agree. I bought a few LVC jeans, baldwin and tellason... RRL is better. Not so much other products though. The shirts vary wildly in quality, with the low end of RRL shirts comparable to well done GAP shirts in terms of quality. They still cost $200 though...

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea RRL jeans spoiled me. I can't wear any of my other jeans anymore. Crate (Cone denim I believe) and Naked & Famous.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is true, it doesn't help the Slim Straights use 12.5oz denim further making them feel flimsy and unsubstantial. They should have at least gone with something 13.5-14.5oz. Also Japanese denim is easy to find in 21oz and some in 26oz, whereas the heaviest I have seen from Cone is 16-18oz.

dastig

Reaction score
Just got details for private sale.

Starts April 25th. 30% off plus the 15% kicker. Please note the kicker will only be available the first week.

Included groups: transcontinental, Santa fe, Brittany, and spring icon. Accessories associated with the groups are included. Select footwear.

As always, let me know if I can start putting anything on hold for you guys for Thursday.

-Robert

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads