1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Yes, Denim, you do know so little. What do you know about RLs business practices? The little motivational speeches your amateur supervisors make every morning? RL doesnt encourage discount abuse or employees buying more than their basic necessities, I know first hand some of my old SA from RL getting fired for reselling and buying too much.

Im sure the RRL managers are cooler about it, but RL at large are cut throat about abusung discounts, esp at outlets where everything is already reduced drastically. Dont believe me, tell manager you buy clothing for friends and resale. See how long you keep your job. I have no idea why anyone would argue about abusing discounts, or act like RL needs free advertising or care about their employees If that were the case the employee sale would be open to friends and family, not employee and spouses only. These huge discount events are simply an exception.

I recall a member here who got fired for reselling on the forums, then split with everyones money. Believe what you want. Fact is employees who resell here make so little they dont even get noticed by anybody. Thats why they think nobody cares. The ones that get noticed get shitcanned. Maybe dastig can chime in now that he is a manager.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  2. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

He said reselling is frowned upon so what exactly are you arguing about?

3. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Senior member

Who gives a shit about all this arguing over reselling? This thread needs to spend more time focusing on the actual clothing rather than the bitch fest of the people wearing them.

1 person likes this.
  4. RRL CLOTHING

Frowned upon means they just don't approve of what you are doing, but will not take steps to prevent this sort of behavior. It isn't just frowned upon, they will take disciplinary action.

Anyway now that the employee sale is over we can go back to talking about measurements and when the next 70% off clearance sale will take place.

5. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

Anyone check out the Farley Work Jacket? Thoughts?

[​IMG]

6. 00bam

00bam Senior member

so if i bought something from the rrl site and within 60 days the item goes on sale and even if i wore it i just call them and say hey they went on sale adjust the price and it gets adjusted?

7. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

That dude Johnny5fingers actually worked at a RL store?

8. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Man I really wanted to see justice done. Didn't someone even call up his dad or something? Lol

9. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I'm surprised no one was suspicious considering his name alone alludes to theft. Johnny "5 fingers" as in 5 finger discount?

10. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

It's really only one person who ignites the bitch fest time and again. It was so peaceful for a while. Sigh

1 person likes this.
  11. Denim

Denim Senior member

Although reselling can get you terminated .... Lol no Ralph Lauren does not give employee discounts so he can fire them....

RRL CLOTHING I wish you nothing but success with that thought process.

1 person likes this.
  12. RRL CLOTHING

And really only one person here who posts incessantly and adds nothing of value to this thread.

13. RRL CLOTHING

Never said that. I said that the employee discount is for employees only and if they catch you using it for other people or link you to being a reseller they will terminate you. The way they link you is by checking the purchases made using every employee ID number.

They audit after every shift, point of sales mgr, store manager will check frequently and see what items sold and which items were purchased using employee discount and build a case against you, then terminate you, then even deny you unemployment benefits.

Seen it happen countless times!

14. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

He's seen it happen countless times firsthand i.e. his friend told him.

15. Denim

Denim Senior member

Sorry if I stirred the pot a bit, just wanted to clear some misconception and shed light on the positives instead of the negatives.

I may not post much but I do enjoy seeing every1s different taste in clothing... I would post pics of the training shoes I bought at the West Broadway store but I am mainly on mobile since I am always on the move.

You guys should definitely check out the sneakers for the upcoming spring & summer

16. captainshields

captainshields Senior member

I think if we talk about sales, they should be the ones the vast majority of us can participate in...

17. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

Actually, you did.

18. RRL CLOTHING

Clearly sarcasm...but I think there is a REAL possibility they will flag you if they see abuse.

jimmy5fingers was a real RRL employee. He made a few successful transactions on the forums until the sale started and he got like 30 orders a week and got fired once managers caught him.

So how did the 35% off of 65% discount that you didn't make a dime work out for you?? Cleaned up nicely I bet...

19. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Funny story. One of the original members of styleforum actually made it pretty high up the Ralph Lauren ladder before going on to do an MBA. I had a few contacts through him, and contemplated a career at Ralph Lauren and specifically in double RL, after I finish graduate school. This was close to a decade ago, now.

Stop arguing about dumb shit. Next guy gets a $500 fine.

Cheers,

Fok.

4 people like this.
  20. 00bam

00bam Senior member

the rrl site needs more stock in certain sizes 2 just seems not enough what the heck