• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Failure to meet buyer expectations is not a valid reason for return via buyer protection on ebay. Depending on how the buyer chose to word his case, jsoo actually does have a shot at winning. It sounds like he's getting a neg anyways -- that's already a given -- he might as well fight it in my opinion. Just pull phrases from ebay buyer/seller protection terms when providing your response on the case.

I've seen buyers state " I need money back for my bills" which is clear buyer's remorse and they won a dispute. When i'm not here I'm usually on ebay forums listening to horror stories. The system is almost completely automated now, they always give buyer money back in cases of SNAD disputes. What ebay will do however, is if a buyer opens too many SNAD cases within 1 year they will not be able to open new cases (I believe it's 3 or 4 within 12 months) so they lose their Buyer Protection privileges if they show a strong history of opening disputes.

A lot of brazilians ask that stuff get shipped First Class/Parcel and then claim they don't receive it to get free **** because cheap shipping method has no tracking, then they cry on ebay forums that they can't open disputes anymore.

The buyer in this case has almost 2000fb and doesn't leave negs, so if the seller just issues money back she/he will probably just disappear.

Ok back to RRL..

Last edited:

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Failure to meet buyer expectations is not a valid reason for return via buyer protection on ebay. Depending on how the buyer chose to word his case, jsoo actually does have a shot at winning. It sounds like he's getting a neg anyways -- that's already a given -- he might as well fight it in my opinion. Just pull phrases from ebay buyer/seller protection terms when providing your response on the case.

Almost every time something like this has happened to me I've either called ebay and they remove the negative feedback for me or they do it themselves without me asking. Calling customer service when youre a seller in good standing can do wonders.

srgprod

Reaction score

I recently received a box of RRL jeans that have a weird tag stitched onto the waistband that says "Golden Win USA" on the top and style information/date hand written on it.

http://www.talausa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=204&Itemid=68

Maybe they are samples? Is this the company that cuts and sews RRL jeans in the USA? They are Japanese owned, so it makes sense all the textiles they are are Japanese and constructed in the USA.

Anyone can elaborate?

They might be from Denim Tech in Vernon CA. Ralph Lauren pulled out recently, there was a ton of unmarked, unwanted, samples, prototypes and left over RL products that were sold off. These may have come from them.

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a quick pic. All the pieces basically have this tag. I love getting my hands on stuff like this.

Last edited:

srgprod

Reaction score

Here's a quick pic. All the pieces basically have this tag. I love getting my hands on stuff like this.
Can't tell, but it looks like they came from a batch that was sent to Golden Win laundry services for a test. Makes sense since Denim Tech is in the same neighborhood. Also, from the tag it looks like they're made from Japanese denim. Its great to get stuff that's outside of retail channels.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
namor, you mean the charcoal that were referred to as shiny before? and have a buckle back?

they are selvage? i have those lol never noticed.

Denim

Reaction score

namor, you mean the charcoal that were referred to as shiny before? and have a buckle back?

The sharkskin looking chinos i seen didn't have a buckle back lol they were more rigid than the khaki selvedge.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They have them in the Georgetown store. I just looked at them quickly, but pretty sure they weren't buckle backs. Selvedge officer chinos in dark grey/black.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh i guess im thinking of the deadstock cotton pants that were discussed as shiny and had a buckle back. i need to go to the gtown store and find these selvedge officers. are they black or are they grey? hopefully a 28 is available somewhere

anyone have pics?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

oooo wow need to go asap ... any pics or links to the item online?

I don't see them online. When you go in the store, they are on the left side, bottom shelf all the way to the right. You'll see 'em.

I also saw that they have the blue on black wash in Slim Fit. I don't know if they are the same wash as from a few years ago, but the old ones are pretty awesome, and these look similar.

I didn't see the Slim Straight nor any of the USA denim yet. Maybe I missed them.

Also saw the Flight Jacket. Really nice. Last thing I need is another jacket. But I may be back for that and the dark grey chinos later...

Last edited:

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh sick ok thanks. ill hopefully find my size and post pics

ill go check it out. yeah i remember the blue on black wash. would lvoe to grab those as well. i just got the black on black wash and love them. def a little tighter in the thigh but waist was fine so i went same size, ie 28

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads