1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SirWilliam

SirWilliam Senior member

I went a Ralph Lauren store recently and I noticed all of the RRL jeans were using American selvedge instead of the Japanese selvedge. When did this change occur? Is American selvedge cheaper? RRL is my favorite denim brand after 3x1 and I was a bit disappointed that they changed the jeans. I don't know of any other brand using American selvedge.

2. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Only LVC, Levis, Made and Crafted, Wrangler Blue Bell, Lee, Jack Spade, Tellason, Vince, Rag and Bone, True Religion, Raleigh, Lucky Brand, J Crew, Roy, just a few I can think off the top of my head, that use American selvedge.

Thanks for the input indigoeagle, I really have no idea about the denim, they definitely look like some kind of Boss repros with all the signature details. Denim is heavy, vertically streaky and very slubby.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. amapola11

amapola11 New Member

RandJG1:

The RRL Pea Coat seems much more sturdier, almost a bit stiff. It's modeled from original vintage Iconic Navy Pea Coats. Good investment for cold weather because wind doesn't go through as easily and the collar stands up higher for more neck cover. The Polo pea coat is not as stiff and the collar isn't as high but it's you get what you pay for.

4. amapola11

amapola11 New Member

RandJG1:

The RRL Pea Coat seems much more sturdier, almost a bit stiff. It's modeled from original vintage Iconic Navy Pea Coats. Good investment for cold weather because wind doesn't go through as easily and the collar stands up higher for more neck cover. The Polo pea coat is not as stiff and the collar isn't as high but it's you get what you pay for.

5. Baldomero

Baldomero Well-Known Member

I guess you didn't read the other sentence in my post. The jacket looks kind of cool, but it looks like an eBay pic. It looks anachronistic to me, and I'd love to see how you pull it off.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  6. paul_s

paul_s Well-Known Member

7. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

LOL - I noticed that as well off New Girl.

8. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Senior member

Has anyone come across this scarf?
    Can't find it anywhere.
    [​IMG]

9. dastig

dastig Senior member

Heads up guys,

RRL presale (week before private sale) starts on the Thursday, the 24th.

-The sale includes Lonesome Dove, Golden Age, Highland, and Fall Icon.

-30% off plus 15% kicker

-Only Lonesome Dove will remain on sale after the 11/5. The rest will go to full price.

I work at the Mansion now and am no longer at Chicago. We don't have any Highland (Irish Tweedy group).

Thanks,

Robert

robert.schoettker@ralphlauren.com

2 people like this.
  10. stelu

stelu New Member

Sorry, didn't know I had two accounts. Post below.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  11. Franky Paige

Franky Paige Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the Cafe Racer from last season (Black) size Small that's sitting in their closet and would perhaps be willing to sell it?

Disregard the above account, apparently I have two. My apologies . Send any messages to this one.

12. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

So basically almost everything that's really good is on sale.

On sale, those sweaters are priced amazing, and, I think, priced to go right out of stock, not to mention some of the BDs.

Henleys and tees priced even better than ebay standards. Sport coat is nice.

The leather jackets........ I think on sale they are priced where they should be at retail.

13. gnu

gnu Senior member

Sale will be in-store as well on Thursday?

14. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Senior member

Nick how does that sweater fit, I'm thinking of picking one up during the sale. Thanks

15. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

16. hoit1981

hoit1981 Senior member

^ I remember seeing this and posting it here a year or more ago. It's a little confusing but I believe they guy is selling a miniature RRL leather mailbag, a replica of the one Jack Bauer used in 24. Not sure if this was official merch but it has pretty awesome attention to detail considering its so small?!

17. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ Thanks for that. Saw the item specifics list "action figure" but didn't see full description. Wasn't sure if Namor was kidding around or lost his marbles.

18. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Senior member

What does it mean by- 30% off plus 15% kicker ?

19. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Apply 30% discount to price then 15% off.

Welcome to NY Robert!

20. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

1) Take 30% off original price
    2) Take 15% off resulting price

Final price is Regular Price x 0.7 x 0.85 x (1+sales tax)

Robert, are the shetland crewneck sweaters included in the "Fall Icon" grouping? I bought some recently; may be worth it to return it