1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

interesting ... they use the same bufflao nickels on the rrl leather gambler jackets

2. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

Isnt a buffalo nickle worth like five bucks?

I didnt know Black label made western. RL is just all over the place these days.

Marshalls had that exact jacket in blue label sans buffalo buttons in xs and large.... Down from two grand to five hundred. They have been sitting there for weeks, along with similarly priced blue label bomber jacket.

3. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

Yeah, I'm usually wearing some red beats by Dre while wearing a pair of galaxy foambs bruh

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

yo wassup baby what tuney tunes you be listen' tu? nahmeaN?

5. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

I'm just glad the weather in austin is finally cool enough to break out the baja

6. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Senior member

Which baja did you pick up?
    Post a pic.

7. Denim

Denim Senior member

The pictures are Black Label Denim, they do have some western shirts and Etc with that sub brand. More experimental than the regular black label product.

It's sort of like a mesh between RRL's rugged feel with a black label sleek twist to it.

8. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I have one black label piece I got at a steep discount and I really like it. It's a henley and it's made of super soft pima cotton and has MOP buttons. I would never pay the $250 retail but it does seem like it's good quality.

9. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

I just bought the Straight Leg Repaired Denim. I found them on ebay so thankfully didn't pay full price.

Two unrelated questions/issues:

1. They are a 34" inseam but feel (and measure) about a full inch shorter than all my other jeans with the same inseam. Is there anything I can do about this, e.g. will it stretch over time? I have 15+ pairs of RRL jeans so I'm not exactly new to this, but haven't noticed it being an issue before... they definitely haven't been hemmed either (I can tell).

2. The paint splotches are bit extreme to me. Yes, this is the look I bought, but I was wondering if there is a way to scrape it off a bit just to tone it down? Or will the paint rub off over time? Has anyone dealt with this?

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  10. Baldomero

Baldomero Well-Known Member

They're not going to get longer, no denim does. The closest thing you can do is get them wet and pull as apart as hard as you can.

Just clean them man, no big deal. No need to wait for the paint to rub off if you want it more subtle right now. I have that same pair and I doubt I'll ever clean them though, they're sick as is.

11. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I once had a Polo shirt that was distressed with patches and paint stains all over. Ugh. I was surprised that I was actually able to remove every paint spot with paint thinner. You might want to give it a shot.

12. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Senior member

I'll give this all a shot and let you guys know the results.

13. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Senior member

14. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Any of you guys near RRL locations have any experience with the Hamilton or Campbell coats/jackets?

Hamilton - http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=22850346

Campbell - http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23008516

I'm looking for a classic coat that I can wear in pretty much any situation, its gonna be my go-to coat for the winter.
    I'm just not sure how warm either of these would be, and without seeing fit pics or a lookbook I don't know how long these are (I'm hoping somewhere around mid thigh at least). The hamilton is wool blend, so it must have a decent level of warmth but the Campbell is a twill, which I don't really associate with warmth. I live in WNY so lots of snow and constant freezing temperatures are pretty much guaranteed, anyway, just hoping some of you guys that live near stockists have some thoughts on them or on previous iterations. There was one called the "Warren Twill jacket" from last year that looked awesome too, but I can't find that anywhere.

15. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Also,
    Anybody have any experience with the_denim_vault on ebay. Did a search but couldn't find anything other than a mention of the name.

16. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

Can anyone comment on the tweed jacket and trousers rrl carry? They look amazing but unfortunately I don't have access to a place that carry rrl stuff. Thanks.

17. oceansaway

oceansaway Senior member

Did anybody notice that they misspelled repaired as "Repaird" on the site? I can't figure out if this is contrived for effect, as in, 'we're illiterate general store owners who sell dungarees,' or just another example of how careless they are at the RRL website.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  18. srgprod

srgprod Senior member

They are always going to have the inseam. Nothing you can do except add via a Euro hem but that will ruin them.

I have these same jeans and sometimes rub the whiter, worn spots with a little boot oil. That tones down the contrast a lot and makes the distressing look much more natural. Just smear a few drops on a rag and gently dab or rub across those spots and you're good to go.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  19. RandJG1

RandJG1 Senior member

Any of you guys near RRL locations have any experience with the Hamilton or Campbell coats/jackets?

Hamilton - http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=22850346

Campbell - http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23008516

I'm looking for a classic coat that I can wear in pretty much any situation, its gonna be my go-to coat for the winter.
    I'm just not sure how warm either of these would be, and without seeing fit pics or a lookbook I don't know how long these are (I'm hoping somewhere around mid thigh at least). The hamilton is wool blend, so it must have a decent level of warmth but the Campbell is a twill, which I don't really associate with warmth. I live in WNY so lots of snow and constant freezing temperatures are pretty much guaranteed, anyway, just hoping some of you guys that live near stockists have some thoughts on them or on previous iterations. There was one called the "Warren Twill jacket" from last year that looked awesome too, but I can't find that anywhere.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I can give you some info. I have the hamilton. Its suit coat, warmish, as suit coats go, but for indoors, think normal suit coat length. The campbell i sent back as its a pure outside coat not a jacket. Its heavy and would be warm so if you want a winter coat yeah that could work. Youre not wearing the campbell inside. I thought maybe it could be used like a suit coat but no its heavy and fill of game pockets front and back so its layered and therefore warm and heavyish.

20. RandJG1

RandJG1 Senior member

Can anyone comment on the tweed jacket and trousers rrl carry? They look amazing but unfortunately I don't have access to a place that carry rrl stuff. Thanks.

--------------------------------

I have the highback tweed pants and just couldnt love them more, they are very well made, look awesome. Planning on getting the black pair as well even tho ive got plenty of tweed from past years.